Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
She can kimura my cock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
She's a way better fighter than the girl that knocked her out but she decided to do punchy kicky with a punchy kicker instead of just grabbing her and breaking her arm like she did with almost every other fight she won. UFC is terrible.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Sheep-Goats posted:

She's a way better fighter than the girl that knocked her out but she decided to do punchy kicky with a punchy kicker instead of just grabbing her and breaking her arm like she did with almost every other fight she won. UFC is terrible.

This is a deeply odd statement.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

This is a deeply odd statement.

The best team or fighter doesn't always win a game or fight. Different sports have different amounts of variance -- for example the worst soccer team or hockey team in their respective leagues has a much better shot at beating a good team than they would if you were talking basketball. One point early and then turtle up is your general strategy for sports like that. In the UFC one slip or wild punch and the fight is over a lot of the time. There are very few boxing matches that end without the people watching knowing who the better fighter really is (whether the judges have been bribed out or not is another matter). There are UFC fights all the time where you really have no idea by the end. Just because there's skill doesn't mean there's no luck, and it's only inbred halfassed mixed martial artists who think there isn't a ton of luck in a UFC match.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Well given a sample size of one I'm inclined to think Holm is the better fighter.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm gonna gently caress her tonight after a nice date

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EX250 Type R posted:

that was the megathread that was sent to byob or whatever where their mods probated and banned a bunch of people for months old posts made while the thread was still in GBS right?

Yeah they got really pissy about it

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
the diaz bros are the best. btw they have never lost a fight

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger posted:

the diaz bros are the best. btw they have never lost a fight

this is objectively true

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'm gonna gently caress her tonight after a nice date

Your dick's going to get straight up chomped, guv

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

quote:

If they're so ultimate why don't they use weapons and secret ninja techniques. I don't understand UFC at all they just hug and roll around

Booblord Zagats posted:

This man is asking the real questions! Why must we be stuck with boring rear end homo-hug battles instead of badass ninja wars?

Also Ronda seems cool, she just lost a fight is all, it happens, like when I tried to beat up Bane in Batman Arkham Origins once but he beat me up instead. Luck of the draw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYQiPRUu7b0&t=155s

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Kaedric posted:

I don't know anything at all about this person or MMA or whatever, but didn't she win a lot of fights? Does losing a fight or two suddenly make you a fraud? This confuses me and also it sounds really dumb

In MMA pretty much everyone has lost a fight or three unless they're whupping on undersized amateur sysadmins and fat rednecks at Fighty Joe's House of Waffles & Combat. The thing with Rousey was how she was this fuckin' destroyer of arms for aaaaaages all the while being as rude as gently caress and basically didn't even look assailable at any point and then she got a protracted one-sided hosing from a totally mediocre fighter with an overdeveloped vaginal region. And then rather than going "Aight gently caress it, everyone loses, back to the drawing board" she wigged the gently caress out and went in shat in the woods and cried on Ellen and started railing about how she wants Travis Browne to fill her full of his awful mutant babies.

Champion's mentality is supposed to be like PICK YOURSELF UP EVERY TIME YOU FALL not OKAY YOU FELL EXACTLY ONCE GO CRY IN THE WOODS AND GAIN 150LBS so yeah she kinda is a fraud.

See also Gina Carano, who picked on someone her own size precisely once in her career and never fought ever again. But she hot so whatevs.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I feel racist for asking this but which one is the ninja? I don't see any smoke bombs or swords so I'm pretty sure this bullshit don't count, either.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
there are tons of videos of "guy who says he's a ninja vs person who is actually willing to fight him for real instead of whatever larping the ninja guy usually does" out there and they all go pretty much exactly the same way

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The black guy was the ninja

Turns out that taking people down and mauling them is the best martial art

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

I feel racist for asking this but which one is the ninja? I don't see any smoke bombs or swords so I'm pretty sure this bullshit don't count, either.

Don't worry. Afterward in the parking lot the MMA guy felt a prick on his neck and then knew no more.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

She likes pokemon and beating people up, she's pretty good OP.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Zzulu posted:

Turns out that taking people down and mauling them is the best martial art

My martial art is gun.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The thing to remember about MMA is that it is still a sport. This is most obvious when you see people turning around and showing the back of their head to their opponent, who doesn't take that opportunity to inflict massive injury on them (hits to the back of the head are not allowed).

I'm not really sure what Ninja VS MMA fighter is supposed to prove when a 'real' ninja or whatever would probably immediately try to gouge your eyes out.

The most 'effective' moves are often also illegal moves in MMA because effective fighting is about disabling your opponent by any means necessary as fast as possible.

illegal moves:
groin shots
small joint manipulation
joint breaks without allowing opponent to submit
eye gouges
fish hooking
biting
"rabbit" punches
strikes to the back of the head
grabbing clothing
"spiking"
throat strikes
trachea strikes
ear ripping

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 30, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Thanks for that explanation, Moridin, I know many of us were thinking these were death matches and planning on showing up with a net gun and a tazer to become grand champions, but you saved us the embarrassment

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

Thanks for that explanation, Moridin, I know many of us were thinking these were death matches and planning on showing up with a net gun and a tazer to become grand champions, but you saved us the embarrassment

I'm just saying idk wtf these people jerking off over 'Ninja vs MMA' are thinking

MMA is not representative of real fighting at all; it's a sport

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Ah, your tiger's fist style is no match for my spray and pray Tec-9 style.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the downward elbow is also illegal even though Ong Bak makes it look baller as gently caress

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

My secret technique is to punch them so hard in the chest that their heart stops and they die, making me the winner. It's not to be used lightly but sometimes someone decides they need to pay for their groceries with a check and I'm standing behind them

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Moridin920 posted:

The thing to remember about MMA is that it is still a sport. This is most obvious when you see people turning around and showing the back of their head to their opponent, who doesn't take that opportunity to inflict massive injury on them (hits to the back of the head are not allowed).

I'm not really sure what Ninja VS MMA fighter is supposed to prove when a 'real' ninja or whatever would probably immediately try to gouge your eyes out.

The most 'effective' moves are often also illegal moves in MMA because effective fighting is about disabling your opponent by any means necessary as fast as possible.

illegal moves:
groin shots
small joint manipulation
joint breaks without allowing opponent to submit
eye gouges
fish hooking
biting
"rabbit" punches
strikes to the back of the head
grabbing clothing
"spiking"
throat strikes
trachea strikes
ear ripping

Ninjas were a bunch of pussies who couldn't do poo poo without sucker punching people or using weapons, from behind

massive fuckin dorks of the martial arts world

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dreddout posted:

My martial art is gun.
Easy now buddy... put it down... you have so much to live for..

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Ninjas were a bunch of pussies who couldn't do poo poo without sucker punching people or using weapons, from behind

their job was to kill people not to fight honorably

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

yeah maybe. I don't think there are any 'real' ninjas left anyway aside from maybe like 20 people passing down the scrolls or whatever.

still I'm just saying, it's a cool sport but it's still a sport so that's why the ground takedown game is so effective. it is easier to get on top of someone when you're not worried about them bashing your nuts open, or you're not worried about missing their head and slamming your ungloved fist into the concrete or whatever

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I only watch Bakti Negara fights, you've probably never heard of it, it's pretty obscure. :grin:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Tell me more about ninjas, Moridin.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i watched some history channel thing where they interviewed some dude who had been keeping the ancient scrolls or whatever it was p cool

he talked about how they would sneak around japanese castles and poo poo and put paper in their mouths so their breath would go out sideways rather than forward so as to not alert someone they are about to stab or whatever with their breath

they did well for a while because their lands were all ninja trapped and stuff so it was hard to invade them but then eventually Tokugawa had enough and wrecked their poo poo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Zzulu posted:

the woman who beat the woman who beat ronda rousey got brutally owned by rousey twice already

oh so it's like a rock paper scissors thing

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

yeah maybe. I don't think there are any 'real' ninjas left anyway aside from maybe like 20 people passing down the scrolls or whatever.

still I'm just saying, it's a cool sport but it's still a sport so that's why the ground takedown game is so effective. it is easier to get on top of someone when you're not worried about them bashing your nuts open, or you're not worried about missing their head and slamming your ungloved fist into the concrete or whatever

Takedowns are more effective on concrete than they are on a padded mat, because it really loving hurts to get body slammed on to the asphalt in a strip club parking lot.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not saying takedowns aren't effective, I'm just saying the rules of the sport make it such that takedowns and the ground game are the better strategy most of the time even though irl they might not be so that's why people often have the complaint of 'this is just hugging and takedowns.'

To be honest the initial lunge or whatever it is called most of them do would be immediately met with a downward elbow to the back of the head from someone who isn't just some random drunk idiot getting slammed into the ground. Crazy illegal to do in the ring but not hard to pull off when they are shooting at your waist.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Tell me more of your street fighting techniques, Moridin.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the best technique is to just run away

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Moridin920 posted:

I'm not saying takedowns aren't effective, I'm just saying the rules of the sport make it such that takedowns and the ground game are the better strategy most of the time even though irl they might not be so that's why people often have the complaint of 'this is just hugging and takedowns.'

To be honest the initial lunge or whatever it is called most of them do would be immediately met with a downward elbow to the back of the head from someone who isn't just some random drunk idiot getting slammed into the ground. Crazy illegal to do in the ring but not hard to pull off when they are shooting at your waist.

Welll, it's illegal to strike right above the neck but you can still elbow the poo poo out of people, like this;

It's extremely hard to pull off though, that guy is only one of very few to do it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Welll, it's illegal to strike right above the neck but you can still elbow the poo poo out of people, like this;

It's extremely hard to pull off though, that guy is only one of very few to do it

It's hard to pull of what Travis Browne did, which was do that and still be within the MMA rules which specifically bans “striking downward using the point of the elbow.”

And yeah a lot of people were wondering if that was legal when that happened. The ruling was that because he was leaning and it wasn't straight down, it was fine. Kind of a judgement call on the part of the ref.

He's just good at using it.

You're still also barred from striking a specific zone on the back of the head/neck aside from that.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 30, 2016

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

A real fight is fuckin dirty.

Lol, like anyone in this thread wouldn't automatically just assume the fetal position at the slightest whiff of actual aggressions against their person. That includes me. Also:

Moridin920 posted:

the best technique is to just run away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
but to be clear his use of the elbow is pretty controversial and a lot of people want to rewrite the rule so that it is more specific.

Wamdoodle posted:

A real fight is fuckin dirty.

yeah, that's all I'm trying to get at

• Locked thread