Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
the only reason downward elbow strikes are illegal in mma is that an old lady from the nevada athletic commission saw a video of a mcdojo guy breaking cinder blocks with his elbow and she actually thought that was real so when the rules were written up she specifically requested that "downward elbows are banned" be put in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

That's borderline child abuse. Why not spend his life landlocked then teach him to swim by throwing him off a boat into the ocean?

homeschooling isn't a bad idea if you know what you're doing and they have certain places where your kid can meet up with other homeschooled kids and they can socialize from there

unfortunately way too many people only homeschool their kids because they're religious nutjobs who think the american education system is ran by satanic communists

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

i feel like this is a very large 'if'

yeah pretty much the only people in america who take the effort to homeschool are either insane hippies or insane bible thumpers

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

Iirc there was one dude some ufc goons were cheesed about because he intentionally acted like a smug wrestling heel for the spectacle

that was chael sonnen and he owned

iirc he actually was going to wrestle for wcw at one point but he was in college and wcw told him to finish college before they'd train him. by the time chael graduated though they had gone out of business

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

The Sphinxster posted:

Just a friendly reminder-- no one gives a poo poo who anyone else would gently caress. It's super unimportant and it makes you a creep to bring it up.

i bet this theoretical mma chick is super glad forums user "the sphinxster" is defending her honor on the internet

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

The Sphinxster posted:

Is that what I did or are you trying to get my goat?

edit: One of my favorite things about Rousey fans is when they were talking like fighting or movies were both valid career choices. The winning stopped and her media presence dried the gently caress up. You'd have to be soft in the head not to predict that.

her media presence drying up has a lot more to do with the fact that she basically just all but quit fighting after her loss and i'm pretty sure she's not even training right now. if mike tyson just quit after losing to buster douglas you'd see the exact same thing

also "defending a woman's honor" does in fact extend to "don't sexualize this pure woman" especially if the guy didn't even mention anybody specific

cined does this exact thing wrt actresses even if the main purpose in films they're in is to be eye candy

a retard fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 2, 2016

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Robot Pride posted:

why the gently caress does she not cut that gross mole off her goddamn face?

why does anyone with a face mole not get that poo poo cut off??? this continually boggles my mind...it looks like poo poo, literally

excuse me but it's not a mole it's a ~*~beauty mark~*~

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

The Sphinxster posted:

You seem to be having a grand time making up poo poo to argue with. Enjoy!

some poster: i want to gently caress an mma chick

you:

The Sphinxster posted:

Just a friendly reminder-- no one gives a poo poo who anyone else would gently caress. It's super unimportant and it makes you a creep to bring it up.

you really don't read what you post do you

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

The Sphinxster posted:

I didn't see the words honor, defend, sexualize or pure anywhere in there! Thank you for confirming I didn't say what you said I did.

i see reading comprehension eludes you

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
over at psp (the wrestling part) there was a big derail about fallon fox (the lovely tranny mma fighter) and apparently nobody there can tell the difference between bone structure and bone density

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Fat Shat Sings posted:

you see the way language works is that people don't actually have to use specific words to mean the same thing.

language is a wondrous thing, I'm sorry your parents, school and/or autism has failed you.

i have literal autism and even i know that lmao

he's just a disingenuous idiot

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
apparently when she won bronze at the olympics she had a meltdown about not getting gold and ragequit judo as a result

i'm just saying we should have seen this coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

el B posted:

Yes, but New Jack legitimately assaulted an underaged kid at a wrestling show once.

Some 16 year old kid in attendance signed a waiver to get in the ring and job for the Original Gangsters(?). He lied about his age and then proceded to get the poo poo beat out of him, cut open scissors? A knife? And bled all over the place. The kid's dad filed assailant charges. I think New Jack had some kind of legal punishment, but I can't remember what.

new jack got away scot free because the fat kid (he was fat btw) pretty much schmoozed his way backstage and told everybody he was a wrestler but the promoters never bothered to check. (this was ecw so this is really likely) it almost cost ecw their pay per view deal

several years later the fat kid died during open heart surgery

also new jack stabbed another kid in a match like 17 times and actually went to jail for attempted murder. the kid dropped the charges because new jack told him he'd train him if he did, and then he promptly skipped town afterwards

a retard fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 12, 2016

• Locked thread