Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

beep by grandpa posted:

Holly reached out with both hands to touch gloves right before the fight started, ronda turned her back to her (to the crowd's amazement) then holly went "hm oh well" and beat the living poo poo out of her for 8mins then did a sick as hell backflip over ronda's miserably disgraced dead body

unilaterally refusing to touch gloves is like pissing in the karma god's eye and daring him to let you leave the ring on unfoolish terms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

they need to change mma scoring and ref standup for wrestling

if i wanted to see someone spend three minutes of their life being crushed under 300 dead pounds of sweaty laundry id marry brock lesnar

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

Actually it's pretty apparent in his striking game which makes sense bc Karate is usually a striking thing. Kyokushin Karate is super apparent in his kicks, esp in the combos.

just cuz *you* don't know poo poo lol...

e: also im p sure he bows every time he steps into the ring

yeah GSP began karate as a child to get tough bc he got bullied and other kids would beat him up and take his shoes :(

he also didnt start training wrestling until he was an adult and already fighting but he learned pretty fast and ended up being a better wrestler than all the collegiate wrestlers who came into mma as their gimmick

i loved watching him rassel Real Wrestlers in UFC bc after they realized they couldnt stand w him couldnt take him down and couldnt keep him from taking them down u could see the panic and frustration and despair in their increasingly hosed up faces as he methodically and unrelentingly battered the poo poo out of their body and spirit and his accent was so cute :3:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

crossfit company is run by a dumpy old guy with a gut

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

proof of concept posted:

RIP Josh Koscheck
every fighter says they're going to impose their will and make their opponent quit and it makes me remember GSP making Matt Hughes verbally tap and BJ Penn literally quitting a fight between rounds while his corner's all v:confused:v and a closeup of eggplants erupting from Koschek's face bc these are the lvls of destruction required to ever use these phrases

dang i forgot how much i miss GSP he was always mild mannered and sportsmanlike and beat the unholy piss out of men like a true gentleman :3: but now UFC markets unclassy trash like the stupid irish guy and the whiny diaz brother who never went to speech therapy

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

guess im just an old fashioned gal romanticising a simpler time when fighters were gentlemen in the parlor and war criminals in the octagon

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

proof of concept posted:

someone got a phone video of his reaction at ringside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj_nQsL0_qA

:roflolmao:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

yeah I like joana jerhzxhdalf shes a beast

el B posted:

Let's be honest, they need a Jens Pulver/Matt Hughes/Tito Ortiz/Chuck Liddell/Mark Coleman.

No person thing organization animal plant mineral or universe needs Matt Hughes

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 4, 2016

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

i like how Holm helpfully picks her back up and turns her around an carefully positions her like a photographer ok right theree k hold it *kicks head to pieces*

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

shes a bad sport and has poor character and believes dumb things and acts like a baby when things dont go her way

im so happy with the work shes done in highlighting the equality of gender in a hypermasculine sport to prove that women fighters can be just as much of worthless undignified retards as their male counterparts

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Trast posted:

A flying knee. He never lost consciousness either.

Then his opponent threw a pokemon ball at him. I kid you not.

Here is a link to the knockout and the pokemon celebration. Don't watch it if you are squeamish it is brutal. https://youtu.be/ClevTY2MWdY

:roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm guessing you get real rowdy about onion articles on social media

ask him about his opinions on football and nod seriously at the very manly tantrum that ensues

• Locked thread