Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

they should have given her the smelling salts to bring her back conscious and then determine some rule makes it go to the judges, then just like connor mcgregor and every other ufc hero, lesnar, etc, you could continue the fraudulent bullshit legacy for an extra 2~ years

what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger posted:

the diaz bros are the best. btw they have never lost a fight

this is objectively true

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
there are tons of videos of "guy who says he's a ninja vs person who is actually willing to fight him for real instead of whatever larping the ninja guy usually does" out there and they all go pretty much exactly the same way

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

I'm not saying takedowns aren't effective, I'm just saying the rules of the sport make it such that takedowns and the ground game are the better strategy most of the time even though irl they might not be so that's why people often have the complaint of 'this is just hugging and takedowns.'

To be honest the initial lunge or whatever it is called most of them do would be immediately met with a downward elbow to the back of the head from someone who isn't just some random drunk idiot getting slammed into the ground. Crazy illegal to do in the ring but not hard to pull off when they are shooting at your waist.

I didn't think I'd be reading a passionate defense of anti-grappling by someone who actually believes in it in 2016, but here we are.

Life sure is full of surprises sometimes!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

I'm not really sure what Ninja VS MMA fighter is supposed to prove when a 'real' ninja or whatever would probably immediately try to gouge your eyes out.

This is probably a dumb idea but I'm actually going to respond to you in good faith: you're missing the point of those videos entirely. It doesn't matter how many super deadly mortal kombat fatality techniques you know if you can't land them on someone who is not only trying to avoid them but is also trying to hurt you right back. And it's pretty hard to get good at something you can't practice under those conditions without injuring your training partner. So in all of those "ninja vs. an actual athlete who intends to gently caress up his poo poo" videos the ninja dudes always get their faces pounded in because their training regiment of cosplay, larping and reading revisionist history doesn't magically give them the power to ploink someones eyes out like they're in a three stooges movie, and surprise surprise it doesn't magically give them any conventional wrestling/punching skills to fall back on when their secret techniques fail them either.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

like bro when they're grappling on the ground trying to get advantage and their hand is 2 inches away from the person's nut sack? in a "real" fight they'd grab that poo poo and squeeze/tear as hard as possible and now gl grappling them anymore lol

i really dunno why you guys have to make what I say into something else. I'm not defending "ninjas" at any point here.

I'm not defending ninjas I just want everyone to know that no technique is stronger than "the monkey steals the peach" :ninja:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

el B posted:

How in the gently caress was this even allowed to take place?

she's a consenting adult and this is a free country :911:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I really want moridin to start defending practical ninjitsu for the octagon again, that really made my day yesterday

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

actually i never did that

:)

this is just your sad attempt at ninja deception I'd say you need more time in the dojo grasshopper

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nauta posted:

my argument is that 1.) mma dudes are as capable of gouging eyes or slamming your nutsack as any ninja 2.) most street fights end up in wrestling anyway (unless you manage to ko your opponent in the first seconds of the fight, source: liveleak videos) so your wrong morondin

you have a really good mma av

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah but ninjas put paper in their mouths so they can breathe sideways, which has many important advantages in a real life situation

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
grappling is no match for throwing down a smoke bomb and when it clears up the other guy realizes he actually just body-slammed a log, that's why it's against the rules in the octagon

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
instead of getting a massive concussion when that guy hit him in the head from behind with a pipe, he should have gouged the dude's eyes out

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

Fallon Fox, the transgender female professional MMA fighter.

:frogsiren: :supaburn: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

ah but my point is that real life is not a ring and you're not going to really get the opportunity to show of your sick mma skills before you get wrecked so just better not act a fool irl because you won some MMA fights

cuz you never know when that dude you're messing with's friend is gonna creep up like Eazy E and his Louisville slugger

initially your point that was a wrestler could never hope to wrestle someone who can grab his nuts, which is retarded. Nobody is claiming that sick mma training makes a person immune to baseball bats or whatever, you made that one up in your head

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

doctor 7 posted:

That's the one where everything you learn is just ripped off a bunch of different fighting styles but they just pull stuff that gets you to kill your opponent as fast as possible right?

If so yeah I would say the best way to win a fight is probably with the fighting style of "I just want to kill you ASAP."

That's my opinion as someone who has never been in a fight

and it's the wrong one, for reasons that have been explored. If you want to kill people, buy a handgun.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

There is a transgender professional MMA fighter and her name is Fallon Fox.

right, you already said that, nobody cares

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

crazy horse got a few wins, I guess?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you idiots are falling for the weakest troll in history

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Blacktoll posted:

Moridin can I have your expert opinion on this Real Street Fight

https://youtu.be/uxkr4wS7XqY

I didn't think it was very realistic at all until they gouged out his eye, then it got even more real when they got the second one, and the ending is like the realest thing ever filmed like recording that for posterity might as well be the entire reason for film to exist

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

you guys are terrible. this is terrible.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this thread is getting so dumb that moridin might not come back and defend ninjas again for the 4th day in a row

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmUhXSEx78A

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

doctor 7 posted:

I also enjoy those really early UFC poo poo show fights with Tank Abbott I think his name was?

Basically it was this massively huge biker dude in the shittest shape who had obviously been in poo poo loads of street brawls and they threw him in the ring with some 9th degree black belt martial arts master.

Spoilers: a 140lb dude gets loving ruined by 20 seconds of the most savage hay makers you've ever seen from 300lbs of crazy swings

Fake edit: I tried looking this up but couldn't find it. Maybe it's not Tank Abbott but gently caress I swear I remember some Jet Li guy going against just some bar brawler and getting utterly ruined in the octagon.

yep that's him. He tried to throw a guy over the top of the cage once because he was mistakenly under the impression that it would be an automatic win for him.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

He also became a pro wrestler and without telling anybody he was going to do it beforehand, decided to pull a real knife and put it to a guy's neck on live TV.

in WCW during their catastrophic decline if I'm not mistaken lmao

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

doctor 7 posted:

That's pretty brutal but not it. Guy showed up in his gi and everything

that guy needed to learn a lesson but definitely not that harsh of a lesson

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he just really identifies with Glassjaw Joe from Mike Tyson's Punchout (also he is a Gracie lmao)

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I am tickled pink that moridin has moridin'd to the point where he's earnestly arguing for positions that stand in direct opposition to the ones he was arguing a couple of days ago :)

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

i loved watching him rassel Real Wrestlers in UFC bc after they realized they couldnt stand w him couldnt take him down and couldnt keep him from taking them down u could see the panic and frustration and despair in their increasingly hosed up faces as he methodically and unrelentingly battered the poo poo out of their body and spirit and his accent was so cute :3:

RIP Josh Koscheck

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
your kung fu is strong but mine is stronger

(unless you brought goggles to wear that would be a real problem for me)

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the strongest base for mma is 209

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cnut the Great posted:

which martial art should i study if i want my body to become a living weapon the likes of which no man on this earth has ever before encountered

thugjitsu

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ronda bought into her own hype; holm did not buy into ronda's hype. This caused ronda to have a meltdown before the fight, a second one during the fight, and a third apocalypticly bigger and messier one after the fight because, surprise surprise, she's not that smart.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
that's called the fencing response and it means he probably got knocked out even harder than the other dude

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I just rewatched the Rousey loss and wow, she looked terrible through it all. She tries to grapple three times: twice Holly ends up shoving her away; the third, Holly throws her down.

The rest of the match is spent stucking her face out so Holly can punch the gently caress out of it.

Great match because you can see Rhonda going from little miss badass to having a meltdown in 7 minutes. First she's angry, then she's frustrated, then she's almost crying, and then she's unconscious.

The camera is following Holmes after the KO but you can clearly hear Rhonda off to the side yell NNOOOOOOOO!!!! when she wakes up on her back surrounded by the doctors and realizes what just happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Listen for it when Holmes is hugging her corner men over the side of the cage

• Locked thread