Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

notZaar posted:

Unless you count the Arkham games, wherein Batman is a meat mountain who breaks ever single bone in the body of every thug in Gotham, most of them are left where they lie and will surely die of their injuries.

They chose that life with full agency so now their value to society is that of organ incubators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

my parents are deeeeeeeeeeead

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Internal bleeding isn't a thing that exists in videogames.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Decebal posted:

They chose that life with full agency so now their value to society is that of organ incubators.

Nah, Batman has Alfred call in the crime so the responding officers know to bring paramedics.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Booblord Zagats posted:

Nah, Batman has Alfred call in the crime so the responding officers know to bring paramedics.

Ah so he just condemns them to a life in debt after the massive hospital bills pile up.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Ah so he just condemns them to a life in debt after the massive hospital bills pile up.

Crime doesn't pay

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

JediTalentAgent posted:

The next incarnation of Batman should be Bruce Wayne dedicating himself to physical and mental perfection and doing nothing with it because he realizes that to become something like a Batman is more harmful to society than not. Instead, he goes to the Olympics where he wins gold in every category he competes in.

I'd watch this

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

notZaar posted:

where do you think he gets the money for all those rocket cars and sentient death satellites?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Batman should do more Lucha Libre moves on bad guys. Just suplex them until they can't feel their own toes anymore. That will teach them to work for Two-Face

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Booblord Zagats posted:

Man, white trash fuckin LOVES the Joker and Harley Quinn these days

Well they're already familiar with abusive relationships.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Poison Ivy is a classier lady than Harley Q. At least I can get behind the ecology

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Wicker Man posted:

Well they're already familiar with abusive relationships.

And half-assed philosophy lessons from juggalos

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Batman needs to move out of his parents' basement

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Obligatory

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
What a punk rear end nerd. Couldn't even raise the fact he's a playboy millionare, and so can get away with being a basement dweller.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Decebal posted:

Poison Ivy is a classier lady than Harley Q. At least I can get behind the ecology

poison ivy is a sexy lady who strives for total human extinction. be still, my heart.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

I'm glad the internet has enabled people with poor art skills and no wit to create comics.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

im the thin air supporting her elbow in panel 5

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

LegoPirateNinja posted:

im the thin air supporting her elbow in panel 5

I think she's waving her drink around actually.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

notZaar posted:

I'm glad the internet has enabled people with poor art skills and no wit to create comics.

i dunno its as good as penny arcade or anything smorky has done

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

reallivedinosaur posted:

Let's be fair Shmorky is actually a pretty good artist. Can't write a punchline to save xis life but xhe is a good drawer.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

reallivedinosaur posted:

Yeah I agree it's just as unfunny as those things, but at least they can draw. Or, the PA used to be able to draw. Last time i checked his comics looked like the kind of things John K. would wake up from covered in a cold sweat.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Shmorky made one funny comic:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Dave Kelly used to make a lot of funny comics before he went completely insane.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Batman's suit in batman vs superman managed to be even stupider than the anatomically correct nipple suit. Thanks for reading!

love my preemies!
Sep 26, 2004

HE'S NOT A CHRISTIAAAAAANNNNN

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Let's be fair Shmorky is actually a pretty good artist. Can't write a punchline to save xis life but xhe is a good drawer.

I never really dug xis art style, xude just never clicked with me. Xer use of color was neat but the linework xzhe put in to everything always struck me as lazy and offputting

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

I never really dug xis art style, xude just never clicked with me. Xer use of color was neat but the linework xzhe put in to everything always struck me as lazy and offputting

See it was czer line work I actually admire the most. I love how xle manages to make everything look squishy.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

See it was czer line work I actually admire the most. I love how xle manages to make everything look squishy.

Xi can see where xhou would be able to think that about it. But in xy opinion xzis lines were always so inconsistent that the rest of xer work looked sloppy. As far as lazy internet cartoonists go, I'd say that the xellow who does http://ourvaluedcustomers.blogspot.com/ probably has mxy favorite work

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The gunnerkrieg court guy does really great linework, unfortunately his writing went completely to poo poo years ago.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

The gunnerkrieg court guy does really great linework, unfortunately his writing went completely to poo poo years ago.

I've been meaning to get back to GC. I haven't read it in years.

Wapsi Square guy went through a period where his line work was pretty good but now all his art and writing are nonsense.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

notZaar posted:

Disagreed but hot drat has this particular chapter been slooooooooow aaaaaaaaaaaas heeeeeeeeeeeell.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Batmans dad was a wealthy doctor and they made their fortune manufacturing medical devices and owning hospitals before Bruce branched it out to other things like weapons. Wayne Enterprises still designs medical tech and owns every hospital in town.

By sheer coincidence, after a month long stay in the hospital and experimental treatment to fix a shattered spine you can bill insurance upwards of $400,000. That's per thug. And you know that in a pansy liberal society that won't even execute the loving joker the government probably gets the tab for everyone without insurance.

Stopping one heist and crippling 10 men nets Wayne Enterprises several million dollars. That's every night.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

Batmans dad was a wealthy doctor and they made their fortune manufacturing medical devices and owning hospitals before Bruce branched it out to other things like weapons. Wayne Enterprises still designs medical tech and owns every hospital in town.

By sheer coincidence, after a month long stay in the hospital and experimental treatment to fix a shattered spine you can bill insurance upwards of $400,000. That's per thug. And you know that in a pansy liberal society that won't even execute the loving joker the government probably gets the tab for everyone without insurance.

Stopping one heist and crippling 10 men nets Wayne Enterprises several million dollars. That's every night.

So now being smarter than Trump is a bad thing!?!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Eh, 95% of thugs just need a CT scan to rule out a concussion and off to jail they go.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
I think it's fair to interpret Batman as an emotionally stunted wealthy man getting revenge for his parents' murder by brutally beating street level perps, rather rather than using his wealth to attack the structures that help perpetuate crime and inequality in Gotham. He funnels his wealth, and his company's wealth, into a pet project that's ultimately fruitless and which has the sole purpose of letting Bruce Wayne live out his crime busting fantasy. Like a power fantasy within a power fantasy. Also, as others have pointed out, crippling criminals means they gotta be taken care of at some point! Also, in old Batman comics he kills people surprisingly often.

A healthier way to tackle crime would probably be to use that wealth of his more responsibly. Somehow, though, I suspect a comic about a socially engaged billionaire philanthropist critical of the corrupting influence of wealth inequality and shady politics in Gotham wouldn't be quite as exciting a read, nor would it be good fodder for most movies or games.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I don't think your assumption, that the criminals of gotham city have medical insurance or benefit from universal healthcare, is very likely.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, we're on to something here. Bruce Wayne should lobby for universal healthcare so he can continue to physically abused the street level criminals of Gotham City.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

At least in the movies, the "charity" you see him do is all science and arts endowment, richie-rich people "oh great you funded an observatory or some poo poo on top of a crazy loving statue" kinda stuff plus of course the billion dollar cool car rather than helping the destitute. No wonder gotham is a giant crimey slum if this is how their better off citizens act. FYGM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Tricky D posted:

I don't think your assumption, that the criminals of gotham city have medical insurance or benefit from universal healthcare, is very likely.

Ah, I wasn't assuming they have healthcare. But if they're in prison with life threatening injuries or serious injuries, someone is spending for their care.

notZaar posted:

Wait, we're on to something here. Bruce Wayne should lobby for universal healthcare so he can continue to physically abused the street level criminals of Gotham City.

Personally, I think Bruce Wayne seems like the type to lobby for private prisons rather than universal health care.

• Locked thread