Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

hemophilia posted:

i had the money to go to burning man back in 2010, and as i got closer and closer to actually doing it I started thinking, you know i am honestly not interested in doing anything on a dry lake bed, at all. I was also increasingly becoming less and less tolerant of, well, the kinds of people who go to events like that. Nobody was atalking about silicon valley nerds pouring in back in 2010, it was the grungy brain fried hippie type, and i just didn't wanna chill with them while baking and choking on playa
ehh it's been like that for awhile, probably something like 2008ish. it was worth it to go once tho now it's like you got to drop multiple grand to go. it's kinda weird people claim to ~change their lives~and need to go to decompression parties and poo poo, and then the v next day they go back to being the same ol boring person. playa does loving suck though and gets in every loving nook and granny.

a buddy of mine works on dirt bikes and such and sold a bunch of them to some tech startup that was bringing their whole staff out to burning man this year and managed to make bank reselling them on craigslist for 3x what he bought them used for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dreddout posted:

He is quite possibly the most underpaid man in the Western world.
i think they do it for free actually. prolly the owners/friends or w/e take care of it

most bm staff is volunteers because they give you free admission if you do a bunch of work for free. otherwise its like $1k a ticket.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Moridin920 posted:

ive got news for you pretty much every single professional cook and chef is on drugs
i honestly dunno how they do it even on drugs, standing on your feet preparing hundreds and hundreds of orders a day, 6 days of a week almost non-stop, for years and years on end.

must be superhuman or something.

• Locked thread