Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Robot Pride posted:

I don't know how anyone gets bored on unemployment other than you have no real passions in life. Even with no job I have so much to do that I enjoy from reading, drawing, working out, computering, musicing, etc that I can't fit it all in each day and could easily fill every second of the rest of my life completely content in my own personal pursuits.

For real. I do contract work and often have weeks/months of free time and I never get sick of it. It's only annoying because all my friends have normal jobs now or kids so I have to make new retired dude friends if I want someone to go fishing with. Last summer I had like three months off work and it was like the most incredible time of my life. I smoked dope, went fishing, played videogames, cooked elaborate meals, napped on the rug next to the dog, sat on the beach smoking cigars, and was just really chill for weeks. It was amazing because I wasn't rushed or felt pressured to have "maximum fun" like a normal vacation, so if I woke up at 11am and decided to spend he day in bed reading and jerking off there was no guilt as I still had like 45 more days of freedom left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I went on unemployment once in MD. Called the number and the lady said she needed info for every employer I had for the past 5 years. I told her I was a freelance stagehand for most of that time and had literally hundreds of employers scattered over a half dozen states. After an hour on the phone with me she asked me to hold and when she came back said that they were just going to approve my claim without all the paperwork. I think I got something like $400ish a week? Sadly I actually sent out resumes and got a job like a week later, so I just bought an old revolver with the money.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

this is why america is the best country

europe, take notes

It was a p sweet revolver too, a second gen Colt Detective Special. It's not super fun to shoot but is excellent for tucking in your waistband before a nice evening walk to the newsstand and automat.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

interwhat posted:

Wtf is a newsstand and automat?

Look at this wiseguy here.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

I think it's a restaurant that's like a big vending machine

More or less, they were a thing when my little revolver was state of the art tech. They were pretty cool in a retro-future way. Wiki says the last one in NYC closed in 1991, which seems crazy.

• Locked thread