Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
:siren:I'm able to buy stuff on https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/career/ right now so get your anti tank rocket for the assault class now:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

game is fun now that I switched to assault class and can huck C4 over long distance to kill tanks.

still buggy as gently caress though. good to see nothing has changed.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
A plane has struck the charley tower

http://i.imgur.com/UKqp1pW.gifv

:911:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
never forget

http://i.imgur.com/a1jIudp.gifv

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

moist turtleneck posted:

:siren:I'm able to buy stuff on https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/career/ right now so get your anti tank rocket for the assault class now:siren:

Maybe cuz I'm on my phone... But not seeing where I can buy anything?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You can just buy stuff in game though? Or is that not working for some people?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

You can just buy stuff in game though? Or is that not working for some people?

Class unlocks are hella broken (the ones you need to have class levels for) because class progression doesn't exist. It's bugged so only the first round will count.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

Class unlocks are hella broken (the ones you need to have class levels for) because class progression doesn't exist. It's bugged so only the first round will count.

What does this even mean

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I got the demo and it's pretty fun. planes and tanks are fun. played support mostly so far and it's a good time. I'm not sure I understand the point of the horses though and they look ridiculous in motion, like they are floating above the ground

also the sound design in this one is excellent

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Earwicker posted:

I got the demo and it's pretty fun. planes and tanks are fun. played support mostly so far and it's a good time. I'm not sure I understand the point of the horses though and they look ridiculous in motion, like they are floating above the ground

also the sound design in this one is excellent

You can chop people's loving heads off if you're on a horse even though they work strangely similar to speeder bikes

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Biplane posted:

What does this even mean

Class rank up are bugged. Only the first round you play on a server will count towards ranking up your class. Change servers each round until you unlock gear for each class.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Boy, the frame rate in the beta is not stable at all. Sometimes you just get the massive levolution frame rate drop and the audio starts distorting.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Is this your first Battlefield or something?

:dice:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
~my frames~

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Driving the train is flippin awesome. The whistle works realistically too--no steam, no noise. Trucking back and forth between G and A is just heavenly. :uhaul:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Murdertrain owns. Map sucks fuckin balls, however.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
This is a fun game to play with bros

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I normally prefer Rush but on this map it's way more fun to stay in the town and play Conquest.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Stat Boyz on XB1 are Conquest-exclusive

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Stat Boyz on XB1 are Conquest-exclusive

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Oh, really? That's too bad then. See you around, I guess.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rip servers again

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008

Chemmy posted:

Is this your first Battlefield or something?

:dice:

Nope, but it's always a good sign when your game's beta is as stable as bf4's

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
First map. Can't spawn with any weapons or equipment all match but I jump on the artillery and pull the trigger after I've been shot and killed, resulting in me blowing up a tank. Ten out of ten

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol I'm already platinum elo on battlefield1.gg and I'm close to diamond

http://i.imgur.com/kVwTvOb.gifv

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 2, 2016

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

In the plane, is there a way to not constantly shift back to first person view when you are switching weapons? First person view is decidedly worthless.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Barely been able to play today, matchmaking won't work and joining servers through the browser fails every time. :dice:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yesterday I clubbed someone to death and I got DICE dogtags. Did I bash in the skull of a developer?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Or someone who smashed in the skull of someone who smashed in the skull of a dev, if I recall how those tags work.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Every person I've meleed has Dice tags. I think it's just the default one before customization.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Every person I've meleed has Dice tags. I think it's just the default one before customization.

:(
That makes sense. This game is fun though, even if I die all the time.
Once it's released I'll try and team up with some goons, that should probably help.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Overall not bad but I'd rather see another map before making a final call. Infantry combat feels better compared to bf4 except I feel you move a little slow. Vehicles are not as prevalent but still drat strong which is good for tank whores like me. Having a group on comm with the heavy tank was hilarious and pretty much unstoppable. Still need to get more time in the air but the self repair means it will probably be easy to dominate if you are a good flyer. Plus dive bombing is easy kills.

Game has moved from my "wait until price drop" to "first week of reviews are good" (because never preorder)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm a huge idiot because I can't seem to figure out to repair my tank? There's a button prompt flashing that says repair, but I have no idea how to actually repair my stuff? Do I have to get out or what?

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

beedeebee posted:

I'm a huge idiot because I can't seem to figure out to repair my tank? There's a button prompt flashing that says repair, but I have no idea how to actually repair my stuff? Do I have to get out or what?

Hold down the LB when the repair option comes up. You can't accurately drive while doing this though, so watch out for that.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
What's the eye icon do in the bomber? It's like left on the d-pad but nothing happens when I press it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Has anyone made a Community on PS4 yet? If not, i'll do that when I get home.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol I'm already platinum elo on battlefield1.gg and I'm close to diamond

http://i.imgur.com/kVwTvOb.gifv

Man, the horse should get blown to chunks. 0/10, I am disappointed.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I guess this map is supposed to evoke Lawrence of Arabia, but it feels a lot more like that cool tank scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

in fact the Nazi's were even driving a WWI era British tank in that scene, no idea if that was ever explained

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Thought they got it from the local guy who they traded to car to. Makes sense he'd have something outdated on hand as a valued weapon; likely a hand me down from British colonialism or a second hand buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
You can't pick Nazis as a team in this but that doesn't mean we can't use our imaginations.