Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Really enjoying aircraft in this game. Takes a lot more too shoot one down, planes take a higher degree of skill to fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah that's right the sultan gave the Nazi's the tank, I haven't seen that movie since I was like 15 but this game definitely makes me want to rewatch it

agree that the planes are great, the sound of them constantly overhead is really cool too.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just came in here to post that I really hate the plane controls. So far my experience with the planes is: fly around, try do shoot stuff on the ground, crash into a hill.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Has anyone made a Community on PS4 yet? If not, i'll do that when I get home.

Wait is that possible? Battlelog doesn't seem ready for BF platoons yet

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wish the soldiers had whistles to blow while just lolly gagging around

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

My plane and tank controls seem somewhat randomly un-inversed which is a heck of a thing to try to deal with on the fly.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Pleads posted:

My plane and tank controls seem somewhat randomly un-inversed which is a heck of a thing to try to deal with on the fly.
Fun fact: turning the "invert vertical flight" option to on actually UN-inverts the Y-axis in planes. Pressing down on the stick to pull up is the "normal" option.

Another fun fact: Y-invert in tanks is controlled by the option "vehicle aim relative control".

Game is both fun and :dice: as hell.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

moist turtleneck posted:

He's talking about a dumb PlayStation thing that has nothing to do with EA or DICE.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

No one throws medic or ammo bags and I've never been revived and I'm level 22. Definitely starting to think you need some friends to play with for this BF.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Beelzebozo posted:

He's talking about a dumb PlayStation thing that has nothing to do with EA or DICE.

I don't think he was talking about the Playstation 4 lmao

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

beedeebee posted:

I just came in here to post that I really hate the plane controls. So far my experience with the planes is: fly around, try do shoot stuff on the ground, crash into a hill.

Once I figured out that the rudder is controlled with left/right on the left control stick (as opposed to the bumper buttons), I became an ace. Up/down on that same stick is the throttle. The right stick is the ailerons and elevator. Now I'm bombing the hell out of everyone. It's so funny to make my wings go vertical while making a tight turn in the huge Gothas.

P.S. I'll ask again, what is that eye icon in the bomber?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Schroeder91 posted:

No one throws medic or ammo bags and I've never been revived and I'm level 22. Definitely starting to think you need some friends to play with for this BF.

Welcome to the series

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

will the released game have the cool destructible surroundings like others have?

noticed playing the beta that there is a limited amount of poo poo you can destroy in comparison to BF4 et al

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Fun fact: turning the "invert vertical flight" option to on actually UN-inverts the Y-axis in planes. Pressing down on the stick to pull up is the "normal" option.

Another fun fact: Y-invert in tanks is controlled by the option "vehicle aim relative control".

Game is both fun and :dice: as hell.

I figured it was something like this but kept forgetting to actually check. Thanks!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

I wish the soldiers had whistles to blow while just lolly gagging around

Squad leaders do. At least on one team. I used the "Go go go" command and my dude blew a whistle!

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

Welcome to the series

Never had those issues in BF4.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I throw ammo bags!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I don't think he was talking about the Playstation 4 lmao

Yeah, guy. He is. lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Whooosh

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Oh, did I? My bad. Please explain the hilarious joke intended by this post:

moist turtleneck posted:

Because it sure looks like a PS4 guy said "has anybody created a Community" and you were confused, thinking that he meant, "has anybody created a Platoon".

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Whoosh again I guess lol

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

Whoosh again I guess lol

What's your loving problem, shitlord?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Ok, I made the PS4 community. It's called "Battlegoons" and the current game it's set to is BF1 open Beta. I figure we can use it for all the PS4 BF games, let's do this poo poo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think I would consider it more a village with a horrible secret

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The "PS4 Community" is all those lovely houses near point C that Bone Krew rolls through in the land ship and blows the gently caress up while hootin' and hollerin'

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Beelzebozo posted:

What's your loving problem, shitlord?

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US server. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of x bros across the USA and your account is being traced right now so you better prepare for the dust storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my land ship. Not only am I extensively trained in FPS combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Bone Krew and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the map, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

moist turtleneck posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US server. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of x bros across the USA and your account is being traced right now so you better prepare for the dust storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my land ship. Not only am I extensively trained in FPS combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Bone Krew and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the map, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Lol, a classic.

Missed opportunity to sub in WW1 era names and slurs

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

moist turtleneck posted:

FIXIT.txt

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

P.S. I'll ask again, what is that eye icon in the bomber?

bueller

e: Ahhh I gotcha, so I should hold it down. Thanks for the tip VVVVVV

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 2, 2016

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

If you hold it down it might activate free look? To look around independent of steering in 1st person. Pretty sure it was on the Dpad in Bf4 as well.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Your kind isn't welcome in the early 20th century

http://i.imgur.com/h2MXEl0.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

Your kind isn't welcome in the early 20th century

http://i.imgur.com/h2MXEl0.gifv

Lmao p sure that exact thing is still going on this century

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
wrong seat poo poo wrong seat poo poo
http://i.imgur.com/dIm44PR.gifv

why did we stop moving?
http://i.imgur.com/9aoukh6.gifv

don't worry I can get us out of this pickle
http://i.imgur.com/6I6Osft.gifv

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

im no good at this game, I cant seem to hit poo poo even when an enemy is standing right in front of me and I'm unloading my crappy lmg into him, but loving hell cutting dudes heads off with a saber is fun and so is running them over with my jeep.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Support gets their grenade back almost instantly after throwing down an ammo pack and there is no delay in throwing packs until the third or fourth. Probably a glitch but it's fun tossing four incendiaries into a building.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

"Tanks are balanced."

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
This game would probably be more fun if I could fire the guns in 3/4 of the classes. Not that I mind playing assault. but....

Anyone else get that bug or know how to work around it?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So did they figure out the glitch where I can't unlock poo poo?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

bueller

e: Ahhh I gotcha, so I should hold it down. Thanks for the tip VVVVVV

press up on the dpad and its bomber lens view to let you actually aim your bombs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Lumpy posted:

This game would probably be more fun if I could fire the guns in 3/4 of the classes. Not that I mind playing assault. but....

Anyone else get that bug or know how to work around it?

Had it when the servers were getting jacked up, lasted most of the night. But it was fixed the day after, so either restarting the app or maybe the console?