Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Post videos of wacky 20th century antics for those of us we can't be around this weekend, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Really? I hope we see GTAV levels of fallout when people realize that yes surface winds do in fact affect how aircraft handle.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
This looks visually on par with Battlefront.

Is it the streams I'm watching or is this much better looking that Bf4 / Hardline?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Guys, help.

I can't figure out if I should get the early enlister edition.

I've been burned on all the other Battlefield and Battlefront dlc but I can't figure out if this will be better.

It seems like they've learned their lesson after Battlefront.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I've got the game installed but I guess I too will wait in hopes they fix the pop-up.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Well, because my gf's little brother linked his account to my Xbox I can't play early.

He has EA Access and bought the game there. I tried launching the game but it tells me to insert the disc or buy another license.

I don't want to gently caress anything up so I ordered it off amazon.

See you guys on October 21, 1914.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

VincesUndies posted:

If you're homesharing with your gf's brother I think you only need one copy to play, so you don't need to order it off amazon

I tried launching, it told me I didn't own a license. It then gave me a link to the store. It's worked with stuff he didn't buy through EA Access (Overwatch, Fallout 4) but for this it wanted a second license.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
gently caress. Mine says Tuesday the 25th!

When the hell did you preorder that you get it tomorrow?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Well, with Prime my total came out to $52.

Not sure if the $9 is worth waiting until after the weekend. Might cancel it and see if I can find a BB near me.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It's taken two whole BF games (plus Star Wars) of me purchasing the season pass but now I'm like "gently caress that."

They split the player base like crazy and everyone ditches the maps after two weeks anyways.

I found a gamestop like half a mile away so I'm going to cancel my Prime order and pick it up from the store on Friday.

A whole weekend of my girlfriend working and a new Battlefield game is better than the $10 in savings.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I've been watching videos of my friends and all I can say is "Ow my balls."

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I've been shootered out for years but seeing the positive reception this is getting makes me feel like giving it a whirl. Back in the day I used to love the 1942 mod BF1918 (I think) and it was great fun using WW1 hardware. I guess I'll pick it up Friday. The last shootmans game I got into was Bad Company 2.

Quit. If the last MP shooter you played was BC2 you should just walk away knowing you played the best.

Edit: Non-edgy remark: Cool dude this game owns, wish they would do something to discourage snipers.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
To be fair I've only played the beta and consumed a ton of my friends captured footage but I got the same impression.

I think it's them showing how bleak things are without making brown.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Amazon updated to say mine will be showing up tomorrow instead of Tuesday. I'm still going to Gamestop today. When the copy shows up I'll either refuse delivery or open it and return it to Gamestop with my receipt from the first purchase.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Chemmy posted:

RIP medic paddles, hello medic syringe

My new head canon is AIDS.

Edit: More contemporary option is syphilis.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
My leg has been shaking at my desk all day. I only got to play the beta for like 1.5 hours. I've been salivating at the xbros videos. I'm glad we finally have something that will bring the band back together.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'll be on at around 11:30 central to play some shooty-lads.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm an Xbro but it is my understanding that PsPlus = Xbox Gold.

So yes.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Is Sony like MS where pretty much every game you buy it comes with 2-7 days of online free?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Xbros had a party of 10 today. Was a lot of fun. Hadn't had that many folks together in a long time.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

sbaldrick posted:

I would have played but I could barely connect today or find matches.

Has anyone had battle packs random disappear and medals not complete today?

Yes. :dice: ate one of mine. I went to open it and a pop-up said "connection interrupted. Unable to open pack."

And then it was gone.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Parkingtigers posted:

No idea, as I don't think I had that bug.

Well I just found my new forward scout gun: the Gewehr 95 infantry. Bolt action ironsights gun that packs a real punch. Thought I'd wasted warbonds on it at first, wasn't clicking on Empire's Edge (but then I got to fire the main Dreadnaught gun, which is a super mega mortar), but on Argonne I suddenly went 35-8 with it, and I am terrible at shootmans. This and the spotting flare so I can get up close and play attack scout is my new jam.

Also went 19-8 on Sinai, but actually literally ran out of ammo at one point because support class people are terrible.

I also would like to jump on the Gewehr bandwagon. At medium range it does like 83 damage to anything, and headshots are surprisingly easy. The iron sights take some getting used to but after my second round of using the gun I too was something like 22-4.

Now if only they would give scout something to deal with armor that's not their weak rear end armor piercing round.

I changed my announcer to a male. Will probably end up turning him/her/xi off.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Yeah but they have gotten better with the revives though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Is it me or do some of these medal requirements seem really difficult?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
As far as I can tell it's reserved for when armor is sitting there smoldering and you can maybe finish it off. I assume that it would also prevent repairs.

Pretty dope you struck a plane. Does that round travel slower, have less range, and more pronounced bullet drop?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I feel like right now 75% of people (pubbies) don't survive long enough to need it. Maybe that will change in a month when people have more situational awareness about the maps.

Why bother running a slot with ammo when they'll die in 3 minutes and everyone around them is dying too? And let's be honest ain't nobody getting revived.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
That's what scout was in every other BF game. :dice: has once again done everything in their power to ensure that Snipers get to sit 200 meters away hoping for the two super l33t kills they get a round.

I'd love for scout to have a shotty, tnt, limpet mines, or small balloon with a camera (drone.)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Do horses set off mines?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Not that I've got some huge boner for murder but I kind of wish dismemberments extended beyond the cavalry kills.

I'd be pretty sweet to see a direct hit from a mortar throw to guys backwards and remove their arms.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I've got my Xbox on a wired connection and I still get the latency icon in the corner. I don't notice any lag or choppiness. I'm guessing it's on :dice:'s end.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
What's the radius of a flare? Does it work in air while traveling or is it only active on the ground?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I agree that this game is more demanding. I think the maps are solid, but the actual gun play is way more rigorous.

I find that death comes swiftly. It seems like in previous games it was easy to get into a prolonged gunfight, trading potshots, squad spawning in, suppression, crawling away, flanking, victory.

This it seems like individuals run into eachother, a panic ensues, someone dies. Doesn't seem like people stay together very long. I think I'd suggest that we Xbros really focus on staying together. I think a solid and well rounded squad is more important than ever. The days of BF4 and everyone running engi are over.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Patch Wishlist:
    Buff spotting, I have to mash it 5 times just to spot a tank.

Remove interior repairs for ground vehicles.

Editable class load-outs outside of round.

Firing range.

Give Support and/or Scout tnt. This may be able to override the "vehicles can't internally repair" complaint.

AA can just chew through aircraft, maybe drop the damage a bit.

Kill all wookies.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FastestGunAlive posted:

Bayonet charge is cool as hell but the animation radius for the victim is bull poo poo. I've had several attacks where I definitely had time to unload a shotgun blast or even two into the guys face but I get trapped in the get stabbed animation instead.

I've started the charge at an unsuspecting enemy only to have another enemy cut across my line of site by running perpendicular to my direction of travel.

Auto-aim then took my bayonet and made me change direction to go after the runner.

It definitely got me killed.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The problem with Assault is that as of right now you only spawn as assault to kill the vehicle that just took your flag. There is no reason to play and "roam" as Assault.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

RCarr posted:

I think assault is pretty good? The anti-tank mines one shot any vehicle if you put 3 down and are hard to spot. Then you get dynamite as a backup.

As long as you aren't getting involved in long range gunfights it's perfectly fine.

With the death rate in this game (I feel like life expectancy is way shorter) you could just spawn as Assault, drop your mines, run, die, and spawn as medic or support.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FastestGunAlive posted:

Finally broke away from the flanker light tank to use the artillery truck. It's really good. Long range with a zoom, high damage against armor and infantry. Five rounds with a reasonable reload time. Quick repair ability. Good mobility means you can escape if anyone gets too close. Don't know who balanced the vehicles but seems like there's no reason to not use the arty truck or flanker tank (urban maps)

Though Flamethrower heavy is fun if you have party chat I will say

I was owning dudes with the arty truck yesterday. I think I ran over three dudes in one line.

Plus a ton of other kills.

Stevey and I were murdering with tanks today.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FastestGunAlive posted:

Oh you like to long range snipe, Wookiee? Lemme try: http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/59b810df-80f0-4711-9ed6-ba5b9d2227ed/embed

Also features a stevey cameo

I wish recording clips wasn't such a hassle with BF1. If I use kinect to record it takes forever and slows my game down for like 10 seconds.

If I try to double tap the guide button, then hit X to record, it slows my system and then takes me to the laggy "pause" screen.

Makes it real hard to capture dope dive bombing footage.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Kite chat: I'm a aero enthusiast and I think the forward shooter on the big kit is quite good at hitting on all sixes. I routinely cause all the rag-a-muffins to scram from the points when I'm putting on the ritz at 400ft agl.

:stonkhat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Subtle manipulation of the throttle. Slow down at the start of the turn, speed up as you push through.

Getting on someone's 6 is all about kicking that throttle forward and back as to stay lined up.