Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Am I supposed to use it to hid behind a rock and peek? Is it really that boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I switched my ailerons and pitch to left stick and made the right stick throttle/rudder.

Also use inverted because that's how you fly aircraft.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

There are a few paintings in some of the bunkers in the forest map that have some sort of cypher on them.

Judging by the stuff from previous games, this won't be one solved for a few months.

Remember how long it took people to uncover all the stuff in Bf4? The shark, the trex, the secret skin?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Hardcore is coming, as is a new mode that adds "fog of war." A couple of changes to Suez, and a week long Battleweek with special Battlepacks for our Battleboners

https://www.battlefield.com/news/ar...s=1478191172677

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Confirmed: Slamming a gate down on a cavalry will hurt them.

I was so astounded I forgot to finish him off.

http://xboxclips.com/Beastie+Bomber/2e8b7dde-3011-4587-864f-933b2e66b67c

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

How long would it take me to beat a horse to death?

Can I gas a horse?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

sunday at work posted:

On the other hand it's the first game I've ever enjoyed sniping in so that's cool. Also killed a horse rider with a rocket gun and blew up the same bomber crew with the artillery truck twice in the same match.

Sniping is bad, m'kay.

:dice: will fix this game by March. The UI is so slow that I can't even tell when I get a battlepack. I've always got some connection issue even though my xbox is on a wired connection and everything else runs fine.

Also recording clips on xbox takes forever and brings you to the "pause" screen which takes forever and I usually end up crashing my plane or horse or tank.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

sunday at work posted:

I hate the usual snipers as much as the next decent, god-fearing American. Camping a rooftop like a coward is bad. Pushing up along Suez with an iron-sights SMLE mk iii and a C93 is awesome. I actually feel like the edge-camping useless coward style of sniping has been less prevalent in this game so far.

I know, I'm just pushing the usual wookie-driven narrative.

Some of the bone crew was on Suez the other night. We had taken the fort (which is always loving fun) and I looked out towards the hills and saw no less than 7 scope glints.

All I can say is I'm glad they weren't on my team. Past like 120 meters sniping becomes insanely useless. You can't even effectively uses the flares. I'm becoming a huge fan of the flares.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

FastestGunAlive posted:

Don't be so self deprecating. Be a chill dude and post funny stories and stuff and ask advice

That clip of you bringing down the arch with the Arty and getting like 4 snipers is pretty rad.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

If you really want to cause some havoc in a tank you should party up with a friend and grab a landship. The guns will reload even if you're not in them, so if you can coordinate with a driver to rotate while you switch seats, you can basically fire nonstop.

This is true for Argonne but Suez still has this problem. Fortunately they're fixing that map.

EDIT: :dice: strikes again
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheOneAndOnlyT7/video/23372133

Yeah a couple of guys from the Bone Krew and I trapped the enemy in their spawn on Suez. Then we rained arty from the fort and kept them all hosed up.

It was cool.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

If you really want to cause some havoc in a tank you should party up with a friend and grab a landship. The guns will reload even if you're not in them, so if you can coordinate with a driver to rotate while you switch seats, you can basically fire nonstop.

This is true for Argonne but Suez still has this problem. Fortunately they're fixing that map.

EDIT: :dice: strikes again
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheOneAndOnlyT7/video/23372133

Yeah a couple of guys from the Bone Krew and I trapped the enemy in their spawn on Suez. Then we rained arty from the fort and kept them all hosed up.

It was cool.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Upon research I find you are correct. I was referring to Fao Fortress.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I tried the fighter for the first time yesterday. I usually rock assault plane. Once you learn how to lead it (it's loving slow) you can wreck.

It also owns as a dive bomber. I've been trying to get over a bomber and drop grenades on them but have yet to pull it off.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I stick with the normal variant. Every time I dive bomb with it I usually end up with at least a triple kill.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I find that if I'm in a fighter and being molested by AA that if I fly as low as possible I get away like 90% of the time.

Sure I'll have to repair but most of the time I'm back at it again.

That is, unless, the person on the AA is as good as I am. :clint:

Then I'm hosed.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

FastestGunAlive posted:

You need to jump on tonight beastie

I'll be around this weekend, but tonight I'm going to a bar that races turtles. :coolspot:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

In my opinion all "jeeps" and motorcycles need to be like 4x heavier. They bounce around like you are on the loving moon.

Also give us more jeeps. Just basic technical style vehicles.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I believe it's something like Training Tips or Weapon Hints.

I also leave the killfeed off because I want less stuff on my screen.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Protip: Scale your mini-map up.

Fall patch tomorrow! Don't have notes yet.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Guys, I just did a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkZT-5rJZJ0

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'm 100% not trying to be a dick, but if goons don't know about the radial menu then there is no wonder pubbies are so loving useless.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Liking everything about this patch. The guns on vehicles moving independently sounds intriguing.

As someone who plays support about 45% of the time I like the buff. I already do pretty well.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Is it actual lag or is it just the "connection squares" that pop up in the corner?

I've had the squares on almost every server and only like 5% of those had noticeable lag.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

God I remember how worried I was when I started the campaign and played the flying missions first. Not having yaw scared the poo poo out of me. I was so concerned they made some huge design gently caress up and didnt bring it to multi.

In retrospect they did have a huge design gently caress up. :dice:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I saw a couple of gaming sites praise the game for it's campaign but other than the intro it seemed totally unremarkable. I've already forgotten more than half the single player.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Seems like you have to be "spot on" with your target too.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Wudsi do you have a mic?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Did :dice: fix the bug where you'd be revived and your gun doesn't work until you swap it?

Regarding snipers, it seems like the game requires you to switch classes as the round plays out. At least more than any other previous Battlefield. Kind of puts a damper on the medals but seriously gently caress those. I don't even bother.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Uninstall then reinstall? Clear your boner cache?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I joined a game a day before the patch and everyone in the server was Rank 0.

Still loving my poo poo up with the Martini Henry though.

Also the other day the blimp went down on Monte Grasse right over the tunnel (c?) and it made a huge death zone. If you went on top of the tunnel you were :dice:'d.

You couldn't get more than a couple of feet into the tunnel before the hand of god touched you and you died. We sat there laughing as wave after wave of dudes ran in and dropped dead. Safe to say we won that round.

:dice:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Fog of War looks pretty rad.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

drat I was stoked to get to play this weekend but in typical :dice: fashion their shits all hosed.

Are some of these freezing and black screen bugs as prevalent as they sound?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Really unhappy with what's been done to mortars.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

5 day weekend starts today at 2pm central. I'll be busy tomorrow but I have Friday through Monday to play. Hit me up Bone Krew.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I wish there was an easy for the bone krew to do 4v4 fog of war.

And by that I mean who has time on Sunday or Monday for some goon versus goon fog of war?

I like the idea of us creeping around having to call out to each other and getting each other killed.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 23, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Skater h8er posted:

well heres a tribute for our group last night of me killing that xbox guy who was killin yall with the martini alot http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/23847874

I liked this on Live but this deserves love here too.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Bunch of goons in a party now. A real OG crew.

Put down your Black Friday deals and your Caramel Apple Spice Streamers, you capitalist dogs.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Trastion posted:

I move them all the time. On PS4 you press square to pick it up. In fact you have to do this after shooting all 5 shots to reload and shoot again. Drop an ammo crate and wait a sec then redeploy the mortar.

I have problems deploying too but it is usually the terrain you are trying to deploy on. Move to flatter ground or just around a bit until you see the yellow ghost mortar thing.

I should be back on PS4 krew tonight or tomorrow. I have been busy with holiday crap and then the last few nights I have been re-configuring my whole gaming area. Still have a bit to do but it is stuff that can happen slowly over the next week or two.

I've never been able to pick up my mortar. Haven't played much support since the patch though. I tried everything before.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Was rocking limpets last night. Was going 30-16 by using the BAR Storm and gas grenades, flanking hard on armor and attaching the mine. I made it away like 50% of the time.

Also used them liberally in alleys on Amiens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

So does the bayonet affect accuracy on a Red Orchestra level or is it barely noticeable? I've removed them on everything but shotguns and my Experimental-wielding Scout.