Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Selbstlader M1916 Sharpshooter is loving obscene for medics. It's a 20 round mag semi-auto rifle with a scope and a bayonet. It's better than anything the snipers actually get. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

red19fire posted:

drat it I just want to slay some krauts like my great grandfathers before me. Although as I recall both bf4 and bfh had server problems in the early days. Glad to see :dice: still refuses to learn from their mistakes.

E: In fact, IIRC correctly the hardline beta had connection problems, :dice: promised it would be fixed on release day, and had the same problems on release day, for like a week. Then the Division developers said they were postponing release because they didn't want to be like DICE :iceburn: and disappoint fans.

It's not really :dice:; some group of shitbirds called PoodleCorp is DDOSing EA/BF1 servers.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I swear, if BF1 changed the air combat to copy that of War Thunder control wise it would be absurdly good to be a pilot.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

You can just buy stuff in game though? Or is that not working for some people?

Class unlocks are hella broken (the ones you need to have class levels for) because class progression doesn't exist. It's bugged so only the first round will count.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Chemmy posted:

I think Sinai is just an awful rush map.

Sinai sort of requires way more coordination and thinking than most pubbie teams are capable of; some objectives you need to make use of gas and smoke grenades to cover your advances, and others you need to use flame grenades to make sure they don't arm/disarm the objective.

Also if you aren't horsing around then you're not defending well.

https://streamable.com/dfb2

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

Recommendations on where to spend my War Bonds? Whats good?

Assault: AT Mines if you're constantly facing against trains or playing Amiens. M1918 Automatico for primary. Trench is better for hip shooting so you might want to try that.
Medic: Either Mondragon or Selbslader 1916 depending on your preference. Rifle grenades are useless so just buy a crate.
Support: Lewis Gun Suppressive when you get a single rank. The Madsen is probably the best early gun until you rank up and buy stuff with sights. Buy the limpet mines and the big crate; limpets work on a timer and attach to enemy vehicles.
Scout: Russian 1895 Sniper is slightly better than the default SMLE. Choose the blinding flare gun option, it drives people utterly insane when you use it on them and puts them at a huge disadvantage when advancing.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fingers McGee posted:

Nice I'm on a 2500k @4.3 too. It seemed to be working better yesterday, I'll test some more tonight.

Switch to the 372.90 drivers if you're using 373.06. 372.90 are better than the latest until they drop Game Ready drivers. I'm using 372.90 on a 1070 and my FPS jumped up around 20/30 on ultra versus 373.06 so you might get some benefit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Chemmy posted:

Wow things sound bleak on the PS4 side. Glad this doesn't happen on Xbox.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 21, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lumpy posted:

On a scale of 1 to :dice: , how buggy is the PS4 version? Also, how long before they split the player base with DLC?

Having said that both PS4/Xbone receive pretty high priority for patches.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
the default support gun being the KE7 is a very odd choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
the seeming removal of melee/bayonet charges sucks, especially considering WW2 they still were putting bayonets on pretty much loving everything

walked behind some dude and hit the melee key and its like i was attacking him with a spork

edit: i really hope they use the additional month to change some poo poo because as it is i don't see getting this; the bf1 beta was pretty much the release of the game and was fun as gently caress

losing doritos blows because all the character models are indistinct as gently caress

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 7, 2018