Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Breakfast All Day posted:

Do people still play BF1? I like BF but they come out about 5 times too fast for my interest level/available time, haven't played much since BF3/4, but don't want to miss out on what seems like a great setting.

Yup, I was playing a few days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Arty truck was such a beast at launch. I had a nice 50+ kill streak with it that I will never forget. :rip:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

BFV was terrible in mostly every aspect. I put it in the Hardline tier of Battlefield games I would never consider playing again.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

BF1 was a great game, but my God I hated the spotting system. I felt like you could never really hide in any way because everyone is always spamming the spot button and no matter you where you go there's a big red triangle hovering over you.

I think spotting was the only thing BFV got right.

Didn’t they take spotting out for BFV? I only played a little bit of it before I decided it was a trash game, but I remember the lack of spotting being really annoying.

Or maybe that’s what you’re saying, that spotting being taken out was good.

BF4 and BF1 were both nearly perfect games in my opinion.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean I had countless games with 20-30+ killstreaks in BF1, so it’s not like the spotting mechanism made it hard to do well. I feel like the majority of people didn’t even realize how or didn’t care enough to spot people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I was always on Xbox and unless I played with goons or my friends no one ever spotted anyone.

I mean for the most part no one attempted to cap poo poo or do anything other than try to get sweet sniper kills and improve their K/D.

I remember playing a medic and not shooting a bullet and finishing as the MVP just to see if I could.