Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Not sure how to find more PS4 goons, but my PSN is: Hamburlgar

Got this yesterday, but ive played the previous games :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I'll be jumping on for the night. Shoot in' n' smokin'.

My PSN is: Hamburlgar

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Whoever it was that mentioned the Experimental gun for the Recon class: Thank You!

It really takes me back to Bad Company 2 days where I'd be throwing wookie balls left and right while running with a red dot on the sniper rifles.

41 bullets per mag, almost no bullet drop and fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. That, the flares and the incindenary traps have changed the recon to my new favorite class.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I'm getting through them. Scout ranked up to 10 fastest due to my constant barrage of flares and playing with the Experimental. Assault wasnt too bad with the A-10 Hunter pre-patch. Working on Medic and Support now. Support should be alright now that it's possible to damage vehicles without having to get right up close to them.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
That's why I despise the Recon class even though it's my favourite to play as.

Instead of having 9 players on each team on opposite loving mountainsides plinking away while their teammates slug it out, they should be helping push the front lines with flares, calling out vehicles for friendless to take care of and setting traps in defensive positions.

But then again, this is reality so :shepicide:

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Dropping 2 limpets on a heavy tank or landship is totally doable. Worst case senario, 1 limpet and a light anti-tank 'nade will gently caress them up good enough for your team mates/squad to finish up.

It's also funny to hear all the anti support talk here. It's my most played class I think. That or recon anyway. The Bennet Mercie (or whatever the gently caress) unleashes hell on anyone you point it at, ammo pouches for instant ammo replenishment and the anti vehicle aspect is just topo hilarious.

On maps like Argonne, i tend to swap over to the frag crossbow and incendinary grenades for added hilarity.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I used the m1903 experimental for most of the to lvl10, but since then the smle III Carbine has been working really well for me. 1 hit at most medium range distances. Run with flares and incendiary trip mines. Great fun :)

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
PSKrew assemble!

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Grabbed preium as most of my buddies i play with have it also. I had to buy PSN credit through Amazon as PSN didnt want to accept my paypal OR my bank details. I just wanted to pay them money ffs!

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
It's the dumbest thing ever.

Standing next to an ammo crate speeds up the timer by 3x and each grenade has a different timer.

Thanks Jackfrags

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Ol Standard Retard posted:

wtf prompted this change? Sounds really stupid.

:dice:

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Blind Rasputin posted:

Do spotting flares put the spotting dot over the enemy for me? Or only others on my team? Or does it just highlight people on the minimal (seriously am I supposed to have this taking up half the screen while using them)?

It highlights people as red dots on the mini map only.

Also, go into your game settings and increase your minimap size as well as the minimap zoom size so you can see more of it.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
With all the bullshit they're introducing, I really loving wish I hadn't just paid these idiots $50 for premium. All it'll do is further encourage their truly :dice: decisions.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Finger Prince posted:

Get good with the AA gun. Lead your targets. Learn the maps so you know where all the AA gun emplacements are for when you get blown up. Unless it was nerfed again in the last patch (I've been sucked into neverwinter and haven't played recently), you should be able to take down anyone below skylord level with one. Even the skylords should be driven off if they're constantly getting bombarded whenever they enter your range.
Oh and, like anything worthwhile in this game, accept that you will die lots, and one vehicle kill is worth 10 or more suicidal failed attempts on your part.

In true :dice: fashion, yes, they've once again nerfed the AA. it no longer gives damage wobble to the plane and they essentially halfed it's range, rendering them utterly useless.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
The maps are all decent and the new weapons are something new to unlock and play with, but it's still very much infuriatingly :dice:

Whenever you hit start, the game freezes up for 30 seconds, the round score isn't shown on the scoreboard and every update their sanity is out even further into question.

However, shooting people is still just as fun on the new maps as the base ones.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Create a European PSN and buy the DLC through that, but play the came with your usual PSN.

I had to do the opposite when I moved from the UK to the US and bought a US version of the game.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Just wait until you unlock the Hellriegel Defensive. 120/120 plus a bipod :kiss:

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Yeah that was p fun! Had some epic moments tonight :)

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Yeah, double tickets as well as squad XP boost really helped out, went from 104-106 tonight in just those 4 or 5 games.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
It's ducking painful playing with pubbies.

Last night Yellow and I were playing Operations on the Tsar maps.

24 people on each side, out of that, 14 on our team were snipers. They loving sucked at it too. We lost by a hair on the last point as attackers.
If even half of those snipers were any other class and helped push, we would have won. loving infuriating.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Yeah last week I was in an operations where 14 of our 24 man team were loving snipers. Can you guess thast we lost?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Add me as well for the PS4. Psn: Hamburlgar

I play a couple night a week. I'm West Coast so I normally get online towards the end of most game night.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Ol Standard Retard posted:

you're an instrumental add for latenite shenanigans because you bring an additional crew with you :3:

i've only not been on much because travel/work has been kicking my rear end this month.

A bunch of my fellow glassblowers also play, so I try and invite as many of them into our parties to keep the good times rolling :)

Same for me. I work random hours, so some night I'm working until 5am or other nights I finish up at 7pm.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Bump brightness up to 100% for night maps. Makes them so much more enjoyable to play.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Guillermus posted:

I hope so because I'm the only loving one shooting down planes in monte grappa and I've been trying that poo poo for three days straight. Planes outrepair me wich is retarded.

I got mine the other day by shooting at a bomber. It was showing hit markers but not damage indicators. However the bomber just up and blew up and completed the assignment.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
A gun I've really clicked with is the new medic Federov Trench. Laser beam accurate in single shots and can shred people at medium to close range.

Nothing feels better than getting 3 head shots on a shipper across the map with only 3 bullets used.

Also getting the hand of the TTK. Half a clip is enough to kill someone up close with a few bullets going stray and the other half for the teammate that spawns off of them.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
The $99 Playstation Golds have been treating me well since release. Comfortable, wireless and light. As well as surround sound. Might not as be high tech as the top end ones, but for under a Benjamin, I'd certainly reccomend them.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Is there a google doc for the PS4 goons? I looked in the OP but didnt see one.

My PSN is: kovacs_glass

I used to be Hamburlgar, but made a US account aince moving to Oregon. Used to play with a big group of PS4 goons on BF4 and BF1.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Yes please as i don't play on my old account any more.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I just found the Goon Platoon that everyone is on. Its 'Battlegoons'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I got kicked from the Butt Squad :(

My PSN is Kovacs_Glass