Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I don't remember if they mentioned anything about shotguns. I don't really thing anything needs to be changed about shotguns. Maybe the 10a hunter needs to be nerfed somewhat but you're sacrificing range for close range stopping power. If anything the m97 and the other shotgun (I can't remember it's name because it sucks so bad) need to be touched up because there's no reason to use them over the 10a. Also I really really hope they buff the 10a slug. I miss the days of slug sniping in BFBC2 and the 10a slug just sucks. It's wildly inconsistent and has far too much recoil. And the garbage sight on it really sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've not seen that nor had that happened to me. I'm hesitant to assume anything malicious in the console version of the game because DICE

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm on xbone but I feel like dice has done a great job at using dynamic resolution to keep frame rates smooth although I have read that fps dips are less severe on xbone

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
If I get the black screen I just restart the game and that fixes the problem, no need to restart my Xbox

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Mp18 is good until you unlock the hellreigel. If you want to use a shotgun the 10a hunter is the way to go. Equipment wise I use the at rocket gun and anti tank grenades. Dynamite is good too but I prefer the long range of the rocket gun.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Automatico trench is also a lot of fun but never ads with it. You can also kill people from a surprisingly long distance if you tap fire in short bursts but mp18 is better at longer ranges. Hellreigel is probably the best all around smg though.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Got killed by a guy who had 100 stars with the hellreigel. I don't understand how someone doesn't get bored by using a gun too much. The most I have is 21 with the benet mercie which I can't stand using anymore.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Xboner here, I usually play most days after 10 pm CST until 1 to 2 am cst. This week I have training at work so I'll be playing earlier in the day. All day on weekends though. GT is Baconfeet

So I just did the math on how much more xp I need to reach rank 100 and it's absurd. I'm rank 88 and in total I have 8.6 million score. I need 11.4 million or so score. I realize they did that because there isn't prestige or anything like that but drat that's a lot of xp

Also bf1 has gotten me really interested in the history of WW1 because I don't know anything about it. I found a blog written by a goon which is a day by day account of WW1 that's actually interesting and not dry like a history lecture. If anyone wants to check it out here's the link. And if you like it you can buy an ebook version that's pretty cheap. https://makersley.com/a-failure-of-oversight/

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 31, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Play back to basics, I've seen multiple over there. I love back to basics but it seems the better players have migrated over there. So I'll play a few rounds and then head back to normal conquest so I can go 40 and 10 with the selbstlader

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Honestly you can make almost any weapon in the game work for you if you understand the limitations of your loadout. I agree that the game is fairly well balanced overall, just people cling to any slight or perceived advantage they see in a gun. The only guns I see no reason to use without a buff are the 12g shotguns and the 10a slug. I even love the m18 experimental even though no one else seems to like it. I just found a good rhythm with the gun to where I can take advantage of the burst fire but also basically fire it full auto in a poo poo your pants moment. Honestly you should just pick a gun you like and use it, who cares what other people think about it.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Suez should have had the upcoming tank behemoth. I've never seen the train actually turn it around. 80% of suez matches end up with the turks holding E through B and slaughtering the Brits as they try to run from A to B. I like being on the turks side in that scenario but overall not a great map.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've seen a few games where the behemoth distracted enough of the other team to let the losing team come back. It's never because of what the behemoth can do just being a loud distraction. Not the best game design

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Add me for battlefielding times gt Baconfeet, just hop in my party. I'm usually playing with non-goons but they don't care.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Flare gun blind or whatever it is. I don't think I've ever even seen it be used

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Yeah since they fire a burning flare I imagine it does the same damage as the flare gun spot. So not much but some. I've gotten 12 flare gun kills in 70 hours of playing scout

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
No the most embarrassing and awful gadget is the decoy. What a stupid loving idea. I've literally never seen one used.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It's not like you need a decoy to sniff out snipers because of the gigantic loving scope glare of idiots sitting on a cliff.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I love shields because it's great fun to snipe them through the slit. I've only managed it once or twice but it was great. I've even managed to kill someone on a field gun through the tiny hole up front which I didn't think was actually possible

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I finally understand the gewehr 98 infantry. It is a death laser beam. In 4 games I've gone 108-15 using it.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I decided after playing for 170 hours I should try tanks. I started using the light howitzer tank but I'm not sure it's the best variety. Anyone have any tips on which light and heavy tank variants to use? Not sure if I'll use the landship but if I do I'd use the tank hunter version to get that dope tankgewehr.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Thanks, I'll stick to the howitzer light tank. The drop is massive but shouldn't take too much practise to get used to

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It's not because the kolibri exists. The selbstlader 1906 is tough to use but can be done. You just have to be very careful when aiming

It finally happened http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/26969037

And when it rains it pours http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/26969003

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 13, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It needs to be a 2 shot kill to be worth it. I can usually manage 2 kills with the BAR without having to reload but it's pretty much impossible with the selbstlader 1906. Especially because the selbstlader m1916 exists with 21 more rounds between reloads. It's a shame because it sounds really good and I like the toggle lock firing mechanism but it's just not worth using.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Just checked and I'm rank 50 in scout and support. I can't see if I have battlepacks but I bet not because DICE

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The screen showing you're rank 50 is bugged. The xp you gained pre patch doesn't retroactively apply. So when you're in game it'll show your correct level. DICE.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I just got a 4k tv and ps4 pro and drat does bf1 look good on ps4 pro. Especially coming from xbone. I have almost no friends with a ps4 so add me, name is baconfeet1

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man I think the revolver medal is the only one I'll never be able to get. 5 kills in a life with these things is nuts. They are really inaccurate compared to the semi-auto pistols and the reload speed is excruciating.

They don't even seem to deal that much more damage outside of "basically touching" range. I had a few 2-shot kills with the Gasser up close, but most of the time it took 3 or sometimes even 4. It's so much easier to kill people by just dumping a Frommer Stop mag into them - I honestly find it easier to get kills with semi-autos even when I'm just turning a corner and freaking out / wildly hip-firing than when I'm taking my time and trying to line up shots with the revolvers.

Anyone have any tips for this? I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong and revolvers aren't just flat-out poo poo, but I can't figure out the trick to using them effectively. Am I supposed to be hip-firing them like a trench weapon or something?

I know the real answer is "don't care about medals" but it's the only one I have left and it's just sitting there, taunting me.

Try the No 3 revolver, it has a top break so the reload is really quick. Not the best but it's serviceable. My favorite revolver is the auto revolver medics get. Same kind of top break but I think it's a tad better.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Whoever mentioned that the Russian 1895 trench is amazing is a hero and a saint. The 1895 infantry/sniper is probably my least favorite rifle in the game but the trench is murder machine. It feels like my favorite rifle, the m95 infantry, but even faster firing. It's perfect for Amiens.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Feb 23, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I finally did it. Finally sniped a pilot out of a plane, I've been trying to do it since the game came out and I've never managed it. I'm so relieved.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_4BQ6j3RM

And this is why I love the SMLE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o7RXsb5vzwg

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 12, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

People like you are the reason people like me fly into fits of rage at a video game :lol:

Hey I don't always snipe. I'm just pretty good with the SMLE infantry. I like bolt action rifles

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm very much looking forward to the Russian dlc. Snow maps own and will look amazing in BF1.

The lebel infantry is now my favorite scout rifle. It's easy to use and has great iron sights. Only issue is the lovely reload but I keep myself topped up so it's not a huge issue.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Once you get to the final sector of verdun heights I would not recommend playing scout or medic. Get a gun that shoots many bullets very quickly and it's more tolerable. It's where I got my 15 autoloader kills and it was unbelievablely awful.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've unlocked all the dlc weapons except the ribeye and the chauchat telescopic because gently caress mp18 optical headshots and gently caress how terrible mortars are. But otherwise I'm impressed with most of the new guns. I love the RSC factory, that two shot kill makes it far more interesting to use vs other medic guns. I like the lebel a lot too, it's probably the best sounding scout rifle excluding the Martini but it's hard to sound better than a black powder rifle. Chauchat is a beast but I'm not sure about the sjogren. Why pick it over the 10a hunter? Or even the m97 shotgun.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Well the double xp has kind of skewed my score per minute which is now at 1600. This has made it hilariously easy to rank up though, went from 50 to 65 in a day

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

e.pilot posted:

How long is the double XP thing going for?

Today

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Battlefield has the best random moments. I was on Monte grappa and saw a particularly beat up bomber over head so I hip fired a shot at it with my Martini Henry. I actually managed to hit it and it exploded which gave me a double kill. I tried to record by my ps4 is dumb and didn't capture it. Unrelated to battlefield but corn love forever is an amazing theme, I laugh everytime I go to the home screen.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Last time I was in a game with a dominating pilot I got frustrated and spawned an AA party truck and shot him down almost immediately. It was incredibly satisfying and then I was useless the rest of the game because the AA party truck doesn't have much use otherwise.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
If you need a reminder about how bad the people who play this game are this should do the trick

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=No7QE7OpYX8

I wasnt even playing very well and those medics should have killed me.

Later in that same game I got probably my favorite double kill ever, just because of how quickly it happened.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7N_IvSMY2Q

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The cap is 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I recommend totally ignoring the stats and use what feels right for you. Pretty much every class has a weapon that fits with whatever your playstyle is. The only true stinkers are the m1903 experimental and the 12g shotguns. Even then if you understand the flow of the maps and where your weapondry is effective you can use anything you want. I love some guns that everyone else seems to loving hate, for example the autoloader 8 factory. It only has 5 rounds and sucks rear end at long range but at close range it loving mows people down. Just have to play to your advantages.

Edit: Also you have to realize that most people have zero imagination regarding map flow. Most pubbies seem to have set paths through the map which makes it hilariously easy to flank. Now, I have about 10 days played between xbone and ps4 so I've played each map dozens of times so I know exactly where people go flag to flag but all you have to do is use that to your advantage. An easy way to know where people go is by watching where your teammates are on the mini maps. If you see them in a sort of front line with a lot skulls look for a way to flank where the enemies are. Just putting a minimal amount of effort into positioning makes you far better than most pubbies.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 4, 2017