Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

The Bananana posted:

Look at this stupid idiot, who thinks he deserves new maps. Lol!

I may be a stupid idiot but I'm not a stupid idiot. DICE has totally loving bungled the the post release of this game. I like some of the changes they've made like adding carbines to medic so they dont just have SMGs and I think the visibility changes are good but this game feels stagnant. After some googling it seems that a new map is coming next month but that's 2 maps in 7 months, what are they even doing? Tides of war hasn't lived up to their promise at all. At this point I'm just hoping they announce a new modern Battlefield coming this fall so we can sweep this turd under the rug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Capital's not gonna let them do the things y'all describe, gamers are a cash cow and dumb as hell so subpar products built by ruthlessly exploited teams that are ultimately judged solely on their margin is all you get in the aaa shooter demo from here on out

I regularly bought boxes in BF1 because I absolutely loved the game and I liked the legendary skins they added to the game. BFV has nothing of the sort and as such I haven't spent a dime extra on the game. The situation would probably be different had the game lived up to any of the expectations DICE laid out. I was extremely hopeful about the lack of premium and was looking forward to a battlefield without a splintered playerbase. If BFV is how battlefield games will be without premium then loving bring back premium.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm probs being real dumb but.. how do you unlock new guns

Either earn from from tides of war challenges during the first week of their release or buy them with company coins. Guns that came out on release are earned by ranking up each class.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Phew OK so the bolded part has nothing to do with anything, lol at trusting a company. And what you're saying is you're one of those cash cows.

Which I guess is OK, that's your prerogative. But the business model needn't exist in the first place is what I'm driving at. It's all forced into place by these fuckers demanding more returns while delivering shittier products. they've realized that gamers are too dumb to stop buying New Game X and are pushing it onto their schedule for no reason.

Hence we get BFV which is a drat poor title but hey guess what it's next quarter, devs, whaddya got for the shareholders? Oh a giant poop because you burned your senior team out on the last forced timeline? gently caress it! Out the door with it.

I agree that trusting a corporation is a bad idea but expecting a game dev to at least live up to what they did previously isn't absurd. It's just disappointing that they follow the best BF game with this poo poo. Expecting better from a company owned by EA is a fool's game but it seems like I'm a fool. I just hope the next Battlefield is better even if the odds are it won't be.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
That roadmap has given me some hope for the game, especially for when they add the Pacific theatre. I hope they pull an Ubisoft and just keep expanding and improving the game ala Siege and not just throw another battlefield game out in 2020, though if new consoles come out I think that goes out the window. I just want this game to add the Pacific, Eastern front, and overlord campaign and it would be fantastic.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Do people still think medic weapons are bad? Because the sten is very much not bad and actually owns. I just had the best game I've ever had in this game with the sten on panzerstorm and ended 66-6.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Just picked this up and man, I dunno if I'm just getting old or if I just need to learn the maps / weapons but I am getting wrecked in this one compared to BF1. Seems a lot more chaotic too, very hard to flank people without getting lit up from some weird angle. Definitely need to get the hang of recoil patterns and stuff - there's been a lot of times where I got the drop on someone and died because I was shooting in more conservative bursts and they just laser beamed me in the head on full auto.

Are any of the weapons you can purchase for each class at the beginning especially good or worth picking up? Other than that, what should I be spending these coins on? I kinda just want to buy cool uniform pieces but I'm not sure if there's other quality-of-life upgrades I can buy with them first.

Other than the new map, it feels a little empty, but I'm not sure if everyone's trying out the new stuff or if the population is just smaller - BF1 still seems pretty active so its weird that a lot of games I join have trouble filling up.

It's because people have been going back to BF1 after getting frustrated with BFV. Recent patches have made the game buggier than normal with poo poo like invisible players and vehicles.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

RCarr posted:

Yea it looks like they went back to the roots of the older CoD games that everyone loved, rather than the nonsensical crazy poo poo that killed all interest I had in the last few.

Not only that but they've decided to dabble in some battlefield type modes. They've announced that ground war will launch with 100+ players and have player controlled tanks and helicopters. It's a shot right at battlefield when battlefield is at a low point.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I knew BFV was destined to be inferior to BF1 when I discovered they removed the kill sound. It was so so satisfying.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Julius CSAR posted:

I just re-installed BF1 last night, and I forgot how much I love it. Only played for about ten minutes but got a clean Martini headshot and it felt so loving good.

The martini is supremely satisfying. I miss the early days of BF1 where it was bugged and killed in one shot if you hit someone anywhere above the waist. It's still fun but not nearly as much as back then.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm really enjoying the new pacific maps. It finally makes the game feel like a WW2 game. This update shows the potential this game had beneath the bullshit and anemic maps. Since EA said the new Battlefield game wont be for awhile, I'm hoping we get poo poo like the Eastern front. I'll have way more faith in the next Battlefield if they don't leave this one to die.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, I went back and played a pair of operations and was surprised how quickly a lot of it came back to me. I still love the Mondragon and some of the stuff like instant revives and crates automatically refilling health and ammo. But, at the same time, I also realized how much I missed some of the squad leader stuff like smoke and arty, and a few weapons like the bolt action infantry rifles I’d lost my touch with and I’d have to work on those again...

Bolt actions feel weird because BF1 has realistic bullet velocity where I think BFV reduced it significantly.

I also kind of like behemoths, they were silly and usually don't actually help but drat if the zeppelin going down didnt make for some amazing imagery.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, that definitely was getting me having just switched back.

For the majority of BF1, I used to use the G95 as my aggressive recon rifle, occasionally going to the SMLE (And pre-nerfing, the Martini-Henry), and I’d do very well with them. When I got going today, I’d had the 1917 Enfield equipped, and it handles a bit different. At one point, even with the zero set at its lowest (75 m?), I basically overshot a dude with the entire magazine. After that, I started correcting my aim point and was taking guys down okay, and I’d imagine after more than an hour or two I’d get all the ranges back in my mind.

I did also try the Martini-Henry again and drat, it still has a cool noise and everything, but just makes me miss when it was a one shot machine early on...

May I suggest the Lebel infantry for your PTFO needs? It has a pretty good RoF and good bullet velocity. The sweet spot is perfect for close to mid range sniping. The reload is not great but its manageable if you reload when it's safe and double tap y or triangle when the animation for loading the last bullet starts in order to skip it.

I have 45 service stars with it plus another 11 with the frommer, which is always my pistol. Hit people once and mag dump the frommer is a fun time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Beastie posted:

For me it's that the last two games were love letters to people that died over 75 years ago.

Not super fun "whats the most creative way I can kill this wook?" sandboxes like Bf2, BC, BC2, Bf3, Bf4.

Lmao what? Ahh yes the game with cavalry slicing up wookies while a zeppelin crashed into the ground is a somber portrayal of WW1. BF1's multiplayer is just as silly as previous battlefield games even if the single player tried to be more serious