Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Parkingtigers posted:

Which YouTube personality do I need to punch for all this pissing about with the ammo? It's been perfectly fine in my hundred and four hours of gameplay since launch. You have ammo, you use the ammo, and at some point you hope a support gives you more ammo. And, if not, you murder someone and take their ammo.

Trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist *grumble mutter*

I agree. The best solution when you're running out of ammo, is to find and murder someone and take their kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Patrick Spens posted:

So I picked this game up recently at the urging of a co-worker, and it's my first time playing one of these muli-player FPS, how do I not suck at it?

Just keep playing. Remember, most people have been playing online FPS games for years now - personally, I've been playing online shooters in one form or another for...15 years now? So yeah. Keep playing.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I wish they would make the rain heavier and more oppressive. It's like a light mist right now.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

e.pilot posted:

Had a ridiculous 130 min frontlines game today. Took the #1 spot on the winning team and managed to crawl my way back to a positive KDR after getting the poo poo kicked out of us the whole game, to the point of losing one telegraph and the second one being armed at one point, only to rally and push back the other team for the win. Frontlines is ridiculous at times.

Don't have the DLC so I wouldn't know, but do the maps turn into one big crater by the end of it?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Has anyone made a Platoon yet on PS4? If not, I'll make one tonight. Haven't played in awhile so it'll be good to get back into the swing of things.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Ol Standard Retard posted:

BUTT CLAN RIDES AGAIN (I think either Backup or Eff set one up?)

Nooicceeee

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

e.pilot posted:

I made an xbox live club a couple weeks ago but no one joined lol

PS4 community has ~130 members :smug:

We're talking about the "Platoons" thing which was just introduced with the Spring patch, though. I think they're basically the same thing as communities/clubs, but in-game.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Auxiliary Treats posted:

HAHAHA, it took 3 years but I finally got an email from EA regarding a TOS violation.

gently caress you whoever reported the butt gun.

I'm just gonna throw up something for now but if anyone wants to find or make a new one, post it.

drat. Can't change the name of the squad? Gotta make a whole new one?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Beastie posted:

I have a ps4 but I haven't tested this:

Can't you just plug a pair of apple ear buds or any headphones with a mic?

It's pretty wonky. Depending on the model of apple headphones/PS4 controller, it might work and it might not. I have a pair of Bose IE's that are modeled for "Android" phones and they work great with my controller. I've seen people say that the apple earphones are hit or miss.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

TBeats posted:

Bf1 is dying y'all

There are currently 141,000 people playing BF1 right now on a Saturday afternoon soooooo yeah I don't think so guy

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
So are the two maps dropping this summer for everyone, or only premium members?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the only way to really enjoy battlefield is to accept that your individual performance has at most a minimal bearing on whether or not your team wins or loses, and that only by letting go of the artificial "victory" can you enjoy the true one: having fun

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

seriously though, if you've reached the point where seeing a couple of your teammates running ahead of you get blown the gently caress up by a tank, bodies ragdolling through the air, makes you go "loving pubbies" instead of "woah that was awesome" then stop making yourself miserable and play something else

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Here's a reminder that I made a Playstation Community for BF1 that worked out pretty well for the first year or so in that game. It has around 150-200 members right now, and should help you guys find each other for games.

It's called Battlegoons. Send an invite and I'll let you in!