Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

"Tanks are balanced."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Also you have to be able to eyeball distance for it to matter anyway, unless the sniper rifle scopes have a range indicator - I've only used one once and then switched to the carbines for Scout, so I can't remember.

The periscope has a range indicator, when it chooses to function.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

Runs up and sticks limpet to tank
Runs back to ammo crate
One one thousand two one thousand three
Gets exploded to gently caress by tank

Crates are just not good. The pouch will refill your mine in about eight seconds, and you often get a crit with limpets, knocking out the guns on the side of a heavy, or a sponson in a landship, so you can feasibly side-hug it until you get a fresh one.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

It doesn't, but a quick YY weapon swap will bring it back up and show the zero.

You can re-zero non-scoped weapons, e.g. the Lee-Enfield Infantry, but not the Cavalry class' lever-action, or, at least, I can't.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Anybody else have an enemy dreadnought driver who took "close support" to an extreme?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

venutolo posted:

How does one get suppression assists?

Shoot near, but do not hit, someone your teammates then kill. Used to not count if your squadmates killed them (because a "Squad Suppression Assist" is different than a "Suppression Assist") but I believe they fixed that.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

RCarr posted:

You can definitely hit them. Just don't kill them. You can get both a kill assist and a suppression assist on the same enemy.

That's true, but you can certainly get kill assists without suppression credit, and if you're actively trying to complete a medal, you feel pretty silly if you keep killing the pubbies you're trying to suppress.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Laminator posted:

Did they change damage profiles for some weapons? I was getting one-shot 100 damage kills with 10A slugs, which was not happening a few weeks ago

Out to 10 meters that should be the case. Was it beyond that? If so, was it a headshot?

Relatedly, I do like the ability to change the hitmarker color to indicate headshots. Fun feedback.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Those are pretty strong landship buffs. Stronger armor, better auto-repair, frontal autocannon on the squad variant. Reduction in the heavy tank's auto-repair amount.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Speaking of, mines are also getting color-coded for your convenience, so hopefully your team won't feel quite as compelled to blow yours up.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Heavy tank nerf, and the Experimental is better across the board, with hipfire, recoil, and accuracy buffs.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

The notes make it look like it has increased recoil, meaning more kickback.

Also the list from above specifically says ' -slight Heavy tank buff / Landship buffs'

Did they write it wrong? I always thought the landship could use a buff anyway.

Yeah, that's a redditor reading comprehension issue, I assume. The only specific hit to the heavy I saw was making the emergency repair restore 20 instead of 30, which isn't trivial, but giving the landship the same armor as the heavy as well as specific buffs (better anti-armor abilities from frontal guns, more health restored on track repair, more seats on some variants, etc), hurts the heavy as an alternative to the landship.

The actual patch note wording on the 1903 Xp is "improved accuracy, recoil, and hipfire," rather than "increased."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

I think landship might be superior across the board now if you have gunners you can communicate with, except maybe if you wanna run the flametank down an alley.

Ineffiable posted:

Can't wait to see how good the experimental is tomorrow, it's almost the only gun I use as a scout.

I really, really wanted to like it but I found the damage drop means it gets clowned by medic SLRs beyond close quarters. I just use an iron-sighted bolt action for flare scouting, but I'll give the experimental another try. Might be easy enough now to just go for full headshots.