Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

GoGoGadget posted:

You flop around a lot when you go down sometimes. You don't always just drop where you were standing.

People seem to complain about a lot of bugs but I haven't really encountered any other than jumping over a fence once killed me.

Also, is it just me or does no one talk in this game? I'm on PC, so you'd think they would all have mics. Seems to be a EU thing though, what with all the different languages

There's nothing new about this with BF games on PC. Hardly anyone talks. What would have made more sense is if you could talk to nearby teammates in addition to your squad mates. I think there would be a lot more chat if it worked that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Noctone posted:

Eh, I have Google Webpass and I’m in Denver so my ping is usually never more than 45 to any server in the country, and I’ve definitely noticed a fair amount of netcode-related issues like being shot around corners. Bizarrely it’s much more prevalent on PS4 than it is on PC.

Are you on wifi? When I hear people complaining about lag and weird issues playing online they are almost always on wifi.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So it's almost midnight on the west coast. Can we play the Pacific content yet? I am in the process of downloading about a 40 gig update for the game which I assume is the Pacific stuff.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
BF1 was a great game, but my God I hated the spotting system. I felt like you could never really hide in any way because everyone is always spamming the spot button and no matter you where you go there's a big red triangle hovering over you.

I think spotting was the only thing BFV got right.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They changed spotting so that the only ways to do so was as a Recon using the spotting scope, a plane or tank using a spotting camera, or as a Support by fully suppressing someone.

Yeah exactly it wasn't entirely removed, but it was more specialized and harder to use. Because in BF1 it seemed like everyone had a laser range finder which totally killed it for me. BFV got it right imo. You had to actually focus and try to spot enemies with your eyes instead of waiting for floating red triangles to appear. It also meant I could walk 5 feet without everyone on the enemy team knowing instantly where I was.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Playing on PC seemed to be a sea of red triangles. I mean you get points for anyone killed that you spotted so it was a nice way to rack up points.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
How's the PC multiplayer community numbers these days in BF1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
It sucks there won't be an eastern front in BFV. It also sucks there won't be any D Day maps.