Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Never try to drive the artillery truck over any trench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
People have already identified the optimum gun per for each class and everyone has started to gravitate toward them. You'd think with less guns they'd have balanced them better but eh

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Got my first hate mail and hacking accusation in Battlefield 1!

I guess using the tank to suppress the telegraph so the enemy team can't disarm it is camping. Bonus points, after sending that last message we made it to the last set of telegraphs, where the defenders finally get a tank. He grabbed it and rushed me, but I back away and lured him into my anti tank mines. RIP.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
People have been using this boat trick to max their level and class ranks within just a few rounds. Looks like it's pretty well known by now so lots of people are on the look out to stop it with planes or gun emplacements

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I love artillery truck. I love rush. I love killing snipers. I love when they spend all round shooting baby k bullets at me instead of just swapping classes and using the rocket gun.

http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/62d455b6-94d0-469e-a030-e25dd5035411/embed

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
No work tomorrow and the wife is in school so I'll be tank whoring most the afternoon of any xbros will be around

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Last night I tried the heavy tank for the first time because a dumb rear end team mate bailed out. It really sucks. Too slow and clunky. I will show pubbies the glory of the flanker and arty truck.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Watched a pubbie grab the heavy tank on the second set of objectives for grappa rush. Drives directly to the telegraph and bails to plant. Enemy steals tank and stays in the tunnel, we don't even get a single plant on that set because they're so dug in and no one is smart enough to try and overwhelm him with rocket gun slam.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Tei posted:

I can confirm this.

Of course, is not the best tank, or the best tank killer (that would be one of the light tanks or the anty truck.

Is not because how much it kills, is because attitude. Your team hope growns to the sky when they se a fire tank rampaging trough a small town, setting everything on fire, it serve has a rally point for your team.

You inspire me tei

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Don't be so self deprecating. Be a chill dude and post funny stories and stuff and ask advice

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

That clip of you bringing down the arch with the Arty and getting like 4 snipers is pretty rad.

i randomly remembered the gif someone posted a few pages back of the plane kamikazing that arch so i decided to try it. gotta try that more often cause it was hilarious

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Which variant? I've been trying the tank hunter, very infrequently, but I'm having trouble hitting with the main gun and my dive bombing is okay at best

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
You need to jump on tonight beastie

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Tei posted:

Thanks! :D

A testament to this great game is that I have fun with every class and vehicle of the game. I do better with tanks, but If I don't get it, I don't mind it.

Tei, your elan and warrior ethos has inspired me to be better at this game. As such, I'm sorry, but I had to one up your kills, if not your total score:

I also recorded some clips:

http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/b3ae4792-d3c2-44ca-bae8-03541d3b37b5/embed

http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/0259ded2-7eea-48bd-ba1e-9e630c69383c/embed

http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/089145a6-a395-4668-881a-96310c590502/embed

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Analdeath posted:

: Try to remember the basics of CQC.
: http://xboxclips.com/Wudsi/370286f0-c93b-4716-822d-4b7613263454

Fun tonight but I had the most atrocious lag, until I got sick of it and figured out it wasn't my connection, console, or any interference, so I went to the battlelog forums and read a few pages of a whinge thread about the exact same thing (i.e five people complaining about it and 100 people enquiring about game balance/frame rate issues) and then it went away :iiam:

I feel like you should have been able to throw your pistol at that guy, saving private Ryan style. Good playing with you today wuds

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Tei posted:

My real achievement is two kills with the sidecar, putting me on the top 1% of the elite.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/vehicle/56c8ec6a-6667-547e-8393-b047a1bcb730

I need to roadkill 41 dudes, and I will be top player in one of the categories of the game :D

Edit:
I just notice the category for "horse kills" is empty, a error on this website or the game don't track that.

I believe it. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the motorcycle. Last night was the first I've seen people really use the armored cars as well. My tank probably dissuaded them from future use though

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

In my opinion all "jeeps" and motorcycles need to be like 4x heavier. They bounce around like you are on the loving moon.

Also give us more jeeps. Just basic technical style vehicles.

Yea more basic transports are needed. There are some long rear end walks on some maps if your team doesn't own a flag

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The range on them is no joke. I'm constantly surprised by how far they go, I always underestimate their range when I'm tanking. The splash is decent as well. Just the warning symbol on my screen from one of those being thrown is enough to make me retreat pretty far back because it's hard to see where they're thrown from if the soldier is in cover. So, throw them from farther away and from a hiding spot.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I can't say since I'm usually the tank whore getting attacked. Most the time it looks like they're being thrown in a high arch towards me, which probably contributes to me underestimating the range.

I've been using dynamite and anti tank rifle myself when I'm assault but the grenades still seem valuable

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Oh and a huge one I forgot to mention:

Requesting an order now makes you squad leader after 60 seconds if you don't get an order

Seems like this would be easy to abuse. Also, gently caress giving snipers anything nice. Other than that, looks cool

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Wudsi is silent but strong. Like one of my anime waifus.

Bummed they didn't up rush player counts w the patch. 12v12 is too small and I don't like 32v32 operations, but maybe the other changes make that better. Will have to give it another shot

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
So anyone able to give me feedback on arty truck w this patch? Is the damage adjustment noticeable? I prefer to use it from afar rather than up close due to the light armor

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
guys, its against the law to defend flags in conquest. dont do it or you will go to jail (from last weekend's game)

also, just confirmed arty truck remains supreme

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Jimbot posted:

It's the mountain bunker point B in Monte Grappa. It has two doors leading into it, attackers have to run down a short narrow hallway to get to the door in which they are instantly gun downed by dozens of of people and blown up by grenade spam.

Here are the PC goons making the point non-contestable for the Attacker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz4hzVk9UfU

It's pretty much the norm now since the average player is learning that they can do this too.

poo poo sucks on rush as well. I sat in there last night as support, spamming incendiary grenades and limpets and throwing down ammo packs. Attackers could not even get in to plant.

There is also a telegraph on Quentin that is inside an indestructible windmill where you can do the same thing.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Howitzer variant is bad. Big time nerf from
Beta. If you're going to light tank, use the flanker. However, artillery truck is best option 90% of the time (i only use flanker on urban maps like amiens)

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

mellowjournalism posted:

just want to say for the record: if you haven't gotten stuck sideways in a pothole/trench while driving arty truck, and then shot yourself upright and then out of it, you haven't lived

man

this is a good one :cheers:

Sk8r has come and saved me many a time with some jeep ramming after getting myself stuck :gerty:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I like rush when I'm playing solo cause it's easier for tank whoring. For groups I like conquest; gave operations a shot for the first time since release last night with four us and it was a poo poo show still.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Sadmantongue posted:

Play 40 man Ops. 64 Player Operations are a loving nightmare.

On a 40 player server a good squad of 3 or 4 can drag a team of lovely blueberries kicking and screaming to victory unless the other team is completely stacked.

We were in 40 player ops :gerty:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Love it

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
That sawed off shotgun for the tanker is so good. I haven't unlocked it yet but I've used it on the anti tank rifle pick up on Sinai and it shreds dudes.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I hardly hear pubbies use the mic, which is fine with me. In fact the only pubbie I've ever heard use the mic in bf1 was literally named xxxblazed420xxx, and it was just his lovely background music.

Xbros are good about using the mic tho

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Join the rest of us in not caring about medals til they unfuck em

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The d pad button will throw the pack at which ever ally is in your crosshairs or who has verbally requested the item. Mostly.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Dynamite :henget:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

5 day weekend starts today at 2pm central. I'll be busy tomorrow but I have Friday through Monday to play. Hit me up Bone Krew.

Four day weekend for me so I'll definitely be on! Let's do some airplane wing manning and some arty truck double teaming :swoon:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Vehicles actually own :gerty:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Skater showed me the beauty of using frag rifle nades to demolish the flamethrower kit

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Skater h8er posted:

well heres a tribute for our group last night of me killing that xbox guy who was killin yall with the martini alot http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/23847874

:aaaaa:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yup trench fighter is amazing. Took me a few passes but the darts were an easy kill on the
Bomber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Jumping on now to kill mans