Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I play a couple times a week on Xbox and I’ll play more if it means bigger squads. Gt same as here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I remember pixel spots from BF1942. People found out exact pixels to aim at in the sky to strike specific spots with artillery pieces and self propelled howitzers. That might have been forgotten hope specific and not vanilla but I dunno.

Anyway I usually like the poo poo on PS4 krew but I respect your love of the field guns and I wish they were in beef five. I stand with you. This time.

I’ve tried doing aircraft talk ons in five but it’s tough. Plus I never seem to luck into a server without enemy fighters (still trying to level up the cool ground attack mosquito and junker variants we got weeks ago...). I guess one way to do it would be to make a GRG or grid out the map to a higher fidelity than what it is but :effort:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Never played desert combat actually. Was primarily FH for me. But bf five is pretty fun, we should play some time

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’d be cool with almost an entire year of Germany v Britain if we were actually getting content. Plenty of weapons, battles, and vehicles they could add for these two nations, throughout the war. Instead we get bf one weapons ported over and we’ve gotten what two maps? Like, Monty vs Rommel is extremely dope but you just give us fukkin Hamada. That theater alone you have lots of vehicles and planes to implement. Plus plenty of different uniforms for cosmetics.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It’d be an obvious one to do. Yea that was played out when ww2 games where a dime a dozen ten years ago but it’s been a long time and we haven’t seen it in this gen’s technology. So no, they’ll just hit us with a more obscure battle, which would be cool except that it’ll be half assed (narvik)

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
They stepped back from the robot arm due to the backlash. Still acknowledging that this is their take on WW2 and not fully faithful to history but admitting maybe that was a little too far from the aesthetic

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea I don’t think the removal of robot arm suddenly made it not gonzo WW2. That would have been a cool route to go but they’d need a lot more to make it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Live At Five! posted:

I've started playing BFV again after taking a few months off and my main question is where the gently caress are any new maps? The game has been out for 6 months and in that time they've added 1 loving map. I almost wish that they still had DLCs ala BF1 because at least They Shall Not Pass came out in March of 2017 and added a total of 6 new maps but all we have so far is Panzerstorm.

When people asked for new maps prior to firestorm dropping the devs literally said the size of firestorm was equivalent to three or four maps so that we were basically getting that many maps.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hamada fortress is pretty fun from my skylord perch https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/4ee358ce-8f22-4e15-b680-be4493fe70e5

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I stand with dog nougat as a three favoriter. I didn’t hate four though. Glad we all agree that bf one is trash tho

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Idiots out there really be buying these premium skins tho. I see a couple every round. I haven’t even bothered to spend much company coin except to unlock the tides guns I miss; saving up for vehicle body customizations (that will never happen and will be lame anyway)

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Captain Log posted:

How in the name of all that's holy did you all not like BF1?! It had endless guns that all felt different, good maps, interesting classes, good vehicles, a wine bottle you could stab people with, what more do you need?

I mean, come on. A wine bottle. For stabbing.

poo poo gunplay. Endless weapons but only a handful worth using. poo poo vehicles.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Little bird was extremely fun for friend havers when you did the whole full squad w repair tools thing. Fun to down fighter planes with it or strafe scrub snipers who worked hard to get up on the most pointless of high perches.

And if bf v is not doing it for you the answer is quite clear. Not apex. But titanfall 2.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Chuds are mad about the French woman premium character... I’m kind of tempted to buy it now

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Heard a bunch of new maps were coming soon but a couple are 5v5 only lol. Dice stop trying to make fetch a thing

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Metro ww2 will only be good if, like the original, you can push a team of trash snipers back into their uncap and lock them in all round.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I got multiple one hit kills w that thing that did not count toward an assignment I was doing because the grenade never exploded

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I foolishly allowed myself to argue with someone who said that by not having actual nazis in the game (among other examples of historical revision/artistic liberty) they were insulting WWII veterans. ...Because it’d be so much better to show grandpa your sick k/d and headshot compilation if the game was historically authentic?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Lol I heard about that from the crew. And I am playing the good FPS: I’m playing battlefield four as I type this

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
When bf v first came out I felt like snipers were the least obnoxious they’ve been in the series. However in the past three months they’ve gone back to the usual trash I’m familiar with. Part of it is the Boys AT rifle but I see plenty of snipers using other weapons so I’m not sure what else drove this increase.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
They need to not have scopes greater than 4x and bring back class neutral weapons so you can utilize the very useful spawn beacon and flare gun but with a shotty or smg. I like the p08 carbine, never even touched the sniper class in this game until it was released, but it’s a little weak

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

StevoMcQueen posted:

Especially when you've got a squad mate doing Mosquito/Ju88 bombing runs.

:3:

fartknocker posted:

the overwhelming majority of players either have full auto weapons, and even most semi-auto ones have rates of fire three or four times better than any bolt action rifle, which don’t have a great damage advantage anymore.

I’ve been trying to use the SMLE and g43 recently but up close I’m screwed by automatic weapons (fair) and even at mid range I get punked by stg44s and g41s. Long range they don’t have the damage or velocity to compete with snipers

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Fastest find us a game im done with Apex

:shrug: Let me know if anything catches your fancy. I've just been doing single player games with the occasional BF5 match. Tanks can be fun if you get the right map, problem is there are a bunch of poo poo maps. Also thinking of building a pc in the fall so maybe we just move over to that.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
They did cancel the 5v5 mode so maybe there’s hope yet. I like the game mostly but I find live services to be exhausting, even when I ignore them (which I do in bf). But without new maps, new vehicles, and some balancing passes (on vehicles) I haven’t had much interest in booting the game in the past two months

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Going to log in for the first time in months to peep al Sudan although I’m told it’s already a sniper camp fest. Fortunately I’m a tank whore (oh yea they added a second anti tank rifle to the sniper class). I will not be peepin metro.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I tried al Sudan today and it was fairly unremarkable. Tank balance still poo poo but still feels great to one shot tanks with the 4000lb bomb on the mosquito tho.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Also it will be a battle no one has heard about.

I hope the new MW inspires them to Make Battlefield Fun Again since they can't just handwave gameplay anymore because no one else has vehicles.

I’m goin Pc this winter. What we playing ?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/batt...s=1571838501091

Two new tanks per faction. One plane (two variants) per faction. Several new weapons (going to be parceled out over weeks via tides of war tho). Pick up kits (katana and flamethrower). Three “new” maps: wake, Iwo, and a paracel storm update.

Out on the 31st

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I got sucked into WoW classic but there is much else to explore.

Yea WoW isn’t my thing but I’m down for pretty much anything else, should be up and running by christmas

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Pacific maps are fun

https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/3b1aa116-834c-46e2-a456-546490722d17

https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/ebe3e34c-6822-41db-99e3-eed4b31080f6

https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/13d3bac2-4929-4442-8dd9-a198b2109f3b

https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/998ebfde-e0d4-4f1c-8338-c273f07c8246

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
At least you don’t walk the lonely path of an xboner. Here’s me taking the flamethrower Sherman to the top of suribachi https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/12815e53-3ca2-44e0-b5ea-668d4dc5b0b1

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Well I hope they discard just about everything they brought to the series with one and v when they make six but with so many old hands having left dice I doubt it

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Yeah whoever was on the gameplay side of the last few games really needs a move out of decision making. They basically killed everything fun about the series.

Agreedo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Most fun I had in bf v was either when the mosquito with the 5000 lb bomb was first released and I could rack up kills on the limited time rush-like mode on Hamada. Or on release when light tanks could do autocannon + ap rounds. Literally driving circles around tiger tanks with the staghound, shooting them the whole time. Then they rebalanced tanks and the lights weren’t fun anymore