Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The only improvement I've noticed after the patch is that instead of freezing on a blank screen every time I quit a match it freezes on the background image of the results screen instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

mellowjournalism posted:

:) game has everything

flaming dirigibles belly flopping on the cutest goddam tanks you've ever seen

flaming melee kills and being killed and then getting back on your horse covered in soot
(although I really, really wish you could get the melee animation when shivving people on stationaries)

p.s. has anyone noticed that you'll be flying with gunners and the in-game dudes will generally chatter like infantry about good kills and losing objectives and poo poo but after something particularly crazy (not sure what ??) happens, they completely flip the gently caress out for like a minute straight, and it's amazing? but I have no idea what they're saying cause it's in turkish? ok maybe I need to dig up a video

Anyone know if there are translations of the poo poo your guys will say in all the different languages? i swear I turned on subtitles but I don't think that makes a difference

There is an audio setting that makes your team speak English regardless of their faction.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

It's really baffling to me that they would lock so many interesting little guns behind the Tanker and Pilot classes when the whole point of those classes was to limit what you could do if you abandoned your vehicle.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Tei posted:

Good software is designed, bad software grown organically with changing specs.

Maybe the idea was to have a group of weapons shared by all classes, so once you unlock the weapon Foo for tanker, you could use that weapon has scout or medic.

The game really could use a carbine class of universal weapons.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Jimbot posted:

The Rank 10 Support gun is pretty alright. I haven't gotten a chance to try out the C93, though.

C93 is great. I've got three service stars with it. It does a bit less damage than the 1911 but it fires faster, has 8 +1 rounds, good range, and almost no recoil.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Moochewmoo posted:

What's the go to support weapon now? They still feel like loving nightmares until the accuracy settles at which point I die to pistol fire from 3 miles away.

BAR storm, pretend you're playing assault with ammo packs and unlimited grenades.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Any Scout tips for someone who is bad at aiming? Like good positions on maps, ways to get good and things like that. The guns look real fun on the Scout but since I can't hit anything I always feel pretty useless then switch to Support and use guns where I don't have to aim.

I found it helpful to use a rifle with iron sights and start with 1.0 zoom as it seemed to throw me off less when I initially ADS. Also try a really low sensitivity on the sticks and work up until you find something you're comfortable with (I use 20%). Keep uniform aiming sensitivity on.

Beyond that it just takes a lot of practice. Shame this game doesn't have a test range but if you can find an empty server you can run around trying lanes, finding good lines on objectives and practicing snap shooting at windows or whatever.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

I like all the maps so far. Having played Operations a lot now though I will say they all seemed to have been designed with that mode heavily in mind. Lots of long straight paths with maybe a few areas tacked on the sides.

Operations owns so that's cool but it be nice to see a few more well rounded maps. I agree with finding parts of a map you like but there's a big chunk of almost every map that's kind of boring and empty.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

The artillery truck has the best mounted machine gun in the game.

Why don't more people see this thing as a threat yet? As soon as I get in a tank it starts raining AT grenades. If I get the truck I'm 15 kills deep before anyone even looks at me.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Snak posted:

Is there a consensus on "best" weapons for each class? Or is it a pretty balanced "use whatever you like" type situation?

The only real best as in objectively better than the others is the 10-A Hunter shotgun.

Everything else is workable once you get a feel for where it performs best.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

The campaign is boring standard FPS stuff. Why doesn't this game have a horde mode?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

M1903 Experimental. It's equipped with a Pedersen device, which was developed but never deployed during the war. The device converts the rifle to fire semi-auto from a 40 round magazine of pistol ammunition.

The sights on it suck and you have to be really close to out run any other gun.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

C93 is the best Support gun.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Snak posted:

Just got shitstomped 4-100. Jesus.

Was that Domination? I've had some equally unbelievable losses in that mode. Some of the most unbalanced rounds I've ever seen in a game.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

App or menu it still resets all my load outs anytime I try to adjust something outside a game.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Why is there a message telling me I'm quitting the match? Just quit the loving match! How can a company be this bad at making the only thing they make after this long and building it from the ground up?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Turn that first 10 minutes of the campaign into a co-op survival mode and they'd really have something.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

If you're the squad leader and try to spot while you're looking in the direction of a point you'll automatically order your squad to attack that point.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

RCarr posted:

Is the new map playable now?

If you pre-ordered the game. Otherwise on the 20th. Patch is today either way.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

For Assault leveling focus on taking out vehicles (with your weapons, AA guns, and field guns) and always be the squad leader giving orders if you can. Even if no one is following your orders keeping a defend order on a safe objective is worth a lot per match. Assault is definitely the slowest since you don't have any easy hand out points from packs or spotting.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

Dice please make it so when you hit level ten pilot class you can use those weapons on any class because that would be cool and they aren't over powered and i want to use them but I don't want to be a bailing poo poo lord. And maybe it will make pubbies learn not to be poo poo at vehicles (nah)

Those guns should just be a universal carbine class with lvl 10 unlovks.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

shut up blegum posted:

Uhm, isn't the kolibri the medic unlock? And the Martini Hendricks or w/e the scout unlock?

Each class unlocks a class specific primary and pistol at lvl 10. Any class can unlock the C93, No. 3 Revolver, and Kolibri at rank 10.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Night maps would be so much better than this stupid fog.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

You can hop on a horse and use the ammo and med pouches even if you didn't spawn as cavalry.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

So I just plug in a USB 3.0 external drive and then what? Transfer data? The console then runs off the external?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

venutolo posted:

I put this 2TB hybrid drive in my PS4. I think it provides a good mix of price, storage, and speed. I can have all the games I want installed and I still load BF4 maps before everyone else.

You can find the 1TB version of this for 70.00... I hate the idea of needing to upgrade a console but the idea of a guaranteed arty truck every round and double the storage for a bit more than the cost of a new game is really tempting.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Biplane posted:

How the gently caress do I git gud with the bomber, there has to be some key insight into its use that I'm missing

Stay at high altitude, bring a decent tail gunner.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Hardcore is nothing but people prone on the edge of the map with marksman variant (no scope glint) scout guns. It's not good.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

mellowjournalism posted:

do you guys ever splurge on Superior battlepacks or do you just spend your scraps on the 200 ones?

I want the Edelweiss but I already got the gold skin for m1912 pistol (Habsburg or whatever) twice :(

I saved up 5000 scrap until I saw a SMLE skin I wanted, bought five superior packs trying to get it and got the same pistol skin five times in a row thus cementing my position of gently caress random loot forever.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Skins and customization are only cool when you have to do something to get an item. Things like X service stars or finishing a medal or assignment should grant skins. Handing out random chances via a randomly accruing currency is not interesting or motivating.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Snak posted:

Tiny FOVs is why you see friends and enemies walking right loving past each other constantly. I upped that poo poo a whole bunch. The default is hilariously low.

How does upping it affect performance?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Spotting flares should regernerate like mortars.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

None of the infantry or carbine scout rifles make you come out of ADS to work the bolt. The 95 marksman is the only scoped rifle that lets you stay ADS while working the bolt, but the 95 doesn't have a sweet spot.

E: the Gewher 95 not the Russian.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 17, 2017

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Not lining up for a quick get away if things go south is the biggest mistake people make with the arty truck.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Destroy 3 vehicles with K bullets"

gently caress you DICE.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Apparently the next patch is changing the initial vehicle spawns to not kick in until everyone has loaded into the match. Was there another good reason to get an SSD beside loading in first and getting your choice of vehicle?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Nothing is really OP at the moment or really a must have other than the Helrigel at rank 10 Assault.

At lower levels you'll be earning bonds every couple of matches and by the time you aren't you'll have more than you can spend.

Buy whatever sounds fun and shoot it at the other team.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Suez is such trash. Why didn't they make the train tracks right down the center of the map with the village on either side so the behemoth would be useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

The train can't turn it because the train can't take any of the points.