Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
A patch broke the ticket counter, again.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

They're trying to fund the live service with micro transactions but they're still rotating a few items each week?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

The guns have better recoil/accuracy/handling according to the standard rarity color scheme. I guess it sucks that you can pick the sight you want but it's basically the same as any other BR.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Rumor mill: the PS5 specs that came out today appear to corroborate an earlier rumor about Bad Company 3 being in development. If it pans out, BC3 as a launch title for PS5 late next year.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Can't you just buy the weapon rewards for company coin the next week?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

It's like they made an entire mode out of B on Metro.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

This is trash. All the work this game needs and this is what they have to offer?

They didn't even give it a high ticket count. If you're going to make a meat grinder at least don't put me back at the loading screen every five minutes.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Rumor mill still churning: the guy who leaked BF1 originally called the next game as being Bad Company 3, with a WW2 game after. Speculation is someone wanted a modern setting game as the next gen launch title so V got moved up. I doubt Sony or MS would have the influence to make that call but it sounds like the kind of thing EA would pull and it would explain why V seems so rushed over all.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Sticking Firestorm behind the full price of the game in a franchise that is know for gameplay that is the total opposite of BR always meant it was going to be an also ran that died after a few months.

On top of that all these new game modes make me think they are still hopefully they'll get an esport out of Battlefield which is just LOL stupid. Concentrate on what you're known for guys.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

When people asked for new maps prior to firestorm dropping the devs literally said the size of firestorm was equivalent to three or four maps so that we were basically getting that many maps.

Halvoy is ten times the size of Hamada, which means if you aren't a BR fan they blew ten maps worth of their budget on chasing a trend.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

I like to think DICE understands the appeal of thier series to a point but as far as publishers are concerned these days if you aren't chasing the next big thing/next MTX cash cow you aren't doing your job.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

One new map in six months while removing Frontlines and Domination. If I knew this was the best they could do for a live service I'd never have said a word against Premium.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Battlefield is possibly my favourite shooting franchise ever, and I'm on the verge of selling this game. Is there any hope it starts to do that Dice trick of getting better after time?

I've been playing BF4 and BF1 instead and having a blast. Armour horse best horse.

The trick seems to take about a year to pull off.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Operation Underground, a Metro remake coming out in October. Ugh.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Gonz posted:

*sets up a series of machinegun nests at a central location of the map; wins handily*

The map will be borderline unplayable unless they take grenades and smoke grenades out of the equation.

It's going to be wall to wall MG 42s and PIATs.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

You could rework Metro into a good close quarters map, but then it wouldn't be Metro. B isn't a problem for fans of Metro, it's what they want.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

ThomasPaine posted:

E: also I've found a special yellow-grade anti tank rifle that uses sniper rounds a couple of times and always kept it because it looks badass but never actually had the chance to use it. Is it worth picking up?

It's the Boys anti material rifle. It was a tides of war unlock a few weeks ago. It has a 50 yard or so one shot to the upper body so it's the only sniper anyone is using right now.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

The reddit also has a lot of people who are very concerned with the lack of historical accuracy and detail of the German uniforms.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Sniper rifles are the worst thing that ever happened to FPS games.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

I'm starting to think they aren't going to be able to pull this one out of the fire. Really hope that BC3 rumor pans out.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Modern Warfare is going to have a 32 v 32 player mode with choppers and tanks.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

Well Dice's ace is 2 new maps for smaller game modes and 3 guns we already knew about for holding people over for a lack of content. I'm done. gently caress this game and live services.

Did they not even mention the Pacific content? Holy hell who is in charge over there?

I'm gonna laugh my rear end off if those rumors about EA making them swap a nearly done BC3 for V so they could open next gen in a modern setting turn out to be true since it looks like Call of Duty is about to steal their whole market.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Of all the things that could have feasibly been added to a WWII BF game a remake of Metro is easily the least interesting.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Pacific content trailer on 10/23.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Wake Island isn't out until December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

I still think Bad Company WW2 or whatever they were going for with the reveal trailer could have been cool but if this is all the effort they were ever going to put in no concept would have worked.