Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Ohhh is the cte up? That would explain why there's barely any normal servers full here in aus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Live At Five! posted:

I forgot how much the Selbstlader 1906 owns. After getting my 42nd lebel infantry service star I needed a change up so I played medic and had a ton of fun with the Selbstlader. It's absurdly accurate at range and has a great follow up shot. Super easy to pop heads at 200m.

It's my most used primary. I'm always pantomiming the last bit of the reload lol

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Oh cool Dice went to the effort of recording english speaking women for the Russian White Army if you turn on the 'soldiers speak my language' setting in the audio options

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Galacia's cool and one of the prettiest maps in the game. If there was just a bit more forest area outside the no mans land part it would've been perfect

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Enemy hit 72

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Yeesh I finally got the 15 HE tripwire kills to unlock the scoped Mosin. Team Deathmatch is def the best mode for them

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

red19fire posted:

Are some of the assignments glitched? I spam health all day and can't unlock the 'heal 10 different squad members' assignment. And throw down supply crates constantly and still can't get the 100 resupplies in a round assignment.

The "heal ten dif squad mates' requires ten unique team mates in one round, meaning you have to switch squads a few times ingame. It's a kinda dumb requirement i just did the other 5 for that assignment.

The resupply 100 dudes one isn't bugged, i did it myself iirc on the new russian map Tsaryityan or whatever it called. With the pouch AND ammo box on both gadget slots you can knock it out easy like 10 mins into a round.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

red19fire posted:

Why does the mans grab the top bullet in the stripper clip when he's loading it?

Dunno how true it is but according to the bf mosin nagant wiki page it's to "press down the remaining rounds to prevent malignment of the bullet rims, which was a common problem with real life 7.62 Russian ammunition"

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Did the light machine guns get their damage buff this patch?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Managed to find video on youtube of the upcoming dlc’s new guns that doesnt have obnoxious “wwwwhats guys pissman 52 here” youtubers talking over it: https://youtu.be/pRSiht_U6_E

The Repetier carbine looks dope even with barebones wip animations

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The Huot’s my second most used primary. it’s goofy as hell but I enjoy it

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Was this the lmg buff update or do i gotta wait another month?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

After a certain distance the Carcano will only do 97 hit points for a head shot. It’s a blast to use in cqc tho

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

It’s possible to get 200 pistol kills in regular rear end conquest servers. I’m at about 90 from 1 day of goofing around with mle1903/obrez/colt 45 depending on the map.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Good battlepack selection this week, lots o skins for dlc guns. earlier I got a common rarity Mosin Nagant skin with bright brown furniture and silver receiver & sights. It honestly looks nicer than most rarer skins

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Did the ‘Tanks for The Memories’ service assignment today and it reset my rank on the stats tab in the main menu and completely bugged theservice assignments screen. :dice:

e: When im changing guns ingame on the spawn screen it says I’ve got 6 or so service stars with most of the dlc guns for some reason when I’ve only just unlocked them. Is any of this stuff happening to you guys

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 13, 2018

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Nevermind I can still make progress towards the next vehicle perk so I assume ea/dice’s servers are just temporarily hosed.

But speaking of which the second service assignment for land vehicles is nice: it encourages using the tank variants that drop health packs for teammates, and the anti-air artillary truck

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

If you need the “behemoth part damaged” bonus for that one assignment, try attacking the Destroyer with torpedos from the transport boat. For some reason you can get the bonus even from just hitting the hull enough times.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The stuttering’s in the base game maps as well. Geez Dice

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The Martini Henry’s hardly affected by the stuttering bug thanks to its low fire rate & velocity, if you’re like me and muscling through for the apocalypse battle packs this week

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

It’s already a great map, but give the defenders a single light tank and River Somme would be perfect.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Did the ‘get 15,000 points in a round with the death toll affliction equipped’ challenge by peppering airplanes all match on Albion with the lMG lol

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The clarinet(?) menu music added with the Apocalypse patch is really really good.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

A new bug introduced with the last patch, the animations for the (box fed variant) Autoloading 8 are broken: It does the empty reload animation (mag change, pull charging handle) for a partial reload and vice versa

Cmon dice

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Gosh is the trench variant of the Russian 1895 lever action a fun weapon to use in cqc maps

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Oh my god

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Kolibiri carbine

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The five new weapons aren’t in the xbone version yet, right? Their advertised as immediately available on the home screen but there hasn’t been a patch for them and I’ve yet to see anyone with them

Edit: Nvm found them they’re a seperate download in the xbox store

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 26, 2018

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

sunday at work posted:

and adding the tanker/pilot weapons to the assault and support classes.

Oh hell yeah

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

If anyone else is having the same prob as me where the link for the beta on the BF1 menu doesn’t work: search “battlefield v” on the xbox store and you can find & download it there. It’s 10gb if anyone’s curious

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Worried my controller was broke because i was getting thumbstick drift in the V beta. Played BF1 & overwatch to test but they were completely unaffected and it worked fine. Anyone else getting this? :iiam:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Worried my controller was broke because i was getting thumbstick drift in the V beta. Played BF1 & overwatch to test but they were completely unaffected and it worked fine. Anyone else getting this? :iiam:

Sorry to repost but are other XBoner goons getting drifting aim in the beta? this’s bizarre as hell and as far as i can test my controller’s fine.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Lambert posted:

That posters sticks probably have drift, but the older games have a more generous default deadzone.

Even after changing the stick dead zones, calibrating the controller, and even screen capping my BF1 settings and applying them to V it still does it. It’s bizarre :iiam:

It’s a shame the KE7 blows. My favorite lmgs have always been the default, jack of all trade guns like 4’s Ultimax mk5 & the Lewis gun. Maybe it’s the aim drifting and janky reload animation that’s bugging me.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Can squad leaders do stuff with points in the beta? If so, how?

Squad leader can hold down both shoulder buttons to bring up a radial menu to call in a supply cache/ spawn a flamethrower tank/ v-2 rocket air strike

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I bailed out of the rear of a apc that had a artillery gun hitched to it, and the artillery bonked me on the head, killing me instantly

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 7, 2018

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

If you lay down prone on your back and kick back into a deep enough crater, your soldier lifts their legs comically high like they are showing the enemy his/her rear end. I’m twelve years old and find this ridiculously funny & pray it doesn’t get patched on release

https://twitter.com/lube_enthusiast/status/1037871056059396096?s=21

https://twitter.com/lube_enthusiast/status/1037872051229417472?s=21

edit: On a less childish note, the panflute song that sometimes plays on the main menu is wonderful

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Party Plane Jones posted:

the seeming removal of melee/bayonet charges sucks, especially considering WW2 they still were putting bayonets on pretty much loving everything

I’ve yet to unlock it, but one of the last unlocks for the Lee Enfield is an attachable bayonet. i assume other guns have it also

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Imagine the prostethic limbs being locked behind “fall from ___ number roofs/take 1000 points from grenades in one round” challenges

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Noctone posted:

but the ZH-29 is borderline OP.

I was just about to post that i love the animations for the ZH (The way the stripper clip’s flicked off :allears: ) but ithink it’s lame stat wise. i’m guessing it needs its upgrades to be effective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I suppose it’s too late in development to change V’s weapon upgrade path system. at the least be able to revert or unequip the more drastic changes to a gun like a changed fire rate/bayonet/removable magazine.