Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I got the demo and it's pretty fun. planes and tanks are fun. played support mostly so far and it's a good time. I'm not sure I understand the point of the horses though and they look ridiculous in motion, like they are floating above the ground

also the sound design in this one is excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I guess this map is supposed to evoke Lawrence of Arabia, but it feels a lot more like that cool tank scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

in fact the Nazi's were even driving a WWI era British tank in that scene, no idea if that was ever explained

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah that's right the sultan gave the Nazi's the tank, I haven't seen that movie since I was like 15 but this game definitely makes me want to rewatch it

agree that the planes are great, the sound of them constantly overhead is really cool too.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I throw ammo bags!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my ps4 experience is that the game is good during the fleeting momenets when i can actually get on a server and its not lagged to poo poo.

I haven't played bf betas/demos since the bf2 so i dont know how hopefull to be that they resolve this stuff for the launch?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

It'll probably be okay at launch but still a buggy laggy mess. That doesn't matter though because the game itself is supposed to be fun and not some weird simulator that a lot of people want it to be for some dumb reason

I dont want it to be a simulator I just want it to be playable most of the time, staring at a "can't connect to EA's servers" screen isn't very fun.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sunday at work posted:

Did people consider past Battlefield games to be simulators?

theres always someone whining about realism for some reason even though thats clearly never been an intent of the series. not so much here on SA but just.. in general.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

YOU VILL NEVER SCHTOP ZE PROGRESS OV MASCHINES!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

Wow, the campaign is amazing. Never thought I'd say this about a battlefield game.

yeah I just got this and I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying the single player, its very well done

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i enjoy this game but I get embarassed everytime i read this thread because yall are always talking about stupid pubbies and thats what I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

Don't be so self deprecating. Be a chill dude and post funny stories and stuff and ask advice

no i just mean one of these days someone's gonna post a story about some idiot pubbie royally loving it up with a tank or a field gun and i'll recognize myself as the idiot in the story. I will out myself if/when it happens!