Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Didn't realize this console thread existed and had been commenting in the PC thread the whole time. Filling out the Xbone sheet but add me at UnivalvePrism99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Trastion posted:

That depends, did you install the big patch from a couple days ago? :dice:

I think there is a huge memory leak in the PS4 version as I was having issues that were messing up my entire PS4 until I rebooted it, then it would be good for a bit and repeat. If I do anything else, other games or watch TV/movies, it is fine. Play BF1 and it messes up my whole system after a bit.

I've played every day this week, but yesterday my Xbox began disconnecting from Live and/or signing my profile out and then reconnecting about every two minutes - even when I left it alone. After several restarts it stayed connected and I was able to use YouTube, Netflix, etc. but as soon as I fired up BF1 the problem started again.

I eventually fixed it by unplugging my router and Xbox for several minutes and was able to play, but I just got on this morning and the problem is back.

I hope this is DICE's fault and not a larger problem with my machine, but it's annoying as hell and will be brutal waiting for the fix.

Edit: Fixed by unplugging my Xbox for several minutes again but ran into a black background on the squad and deployment screens and then it stayed black and went all pixel-snow when I deployed. Woooo.

Dinosaurs! fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 19, 2016

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I've had some decent success with people using mics on Xbox. Even talking to a squad can usually get one or two people to turn their mics on. You def get the occasional idiots playing loud music and singing along though.

I just got dropped into an Amiens conquest on the German side that was ~115-30 right as the British were capping B to hold every objective. How does that even happen?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I might be imagining it, but hitting the contextual prompt button to heal/resupply homes in on the player in your crosshairs.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Jimbot posted:

Which Automatico variant do you guys use and why? I keep hearing good things about the weapons but I'm not sure which one I should use.

If you can't help using ADS like me (especially for that nice console aim assist), the Automatico Storm is great. Not sure what the hipfire range is with the Trench, but the Storm can still melt people just fine from the hip in close quarters.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

How do people not realize that Suez and Argonne are a rush to capture C at the start? The number of times I'm the only one there while 30 of my teammates are standing at our rear point is mind boggling.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Snak posted:

I think expecting the average player to understand the actual strategy of a maps is pretty crazy.

Honestly I've found it's often better to not get C at the start on those maps because whoever does usually tries to steamroll to the other team's spawn, loses C, the "forward" points, and eventually the game.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

MortLansky posted:

I feel like this comes up every Battlefield game, but is there any way to see if you have mines/explosives deployed or not destroyed? Also, what is the AT mine limit? If it's just three that feels wrong.

Limit is three. I was trying to dump a bunch of mines on the Suez tracks yesterday in preparation for a train and watched my three old ones disappear as I placed the new ones.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't a limit in the beta, tho.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Just played a conquest where our zeppelin didn't move after being deployed. How can you spawn as the driver with a giant ship's wheel in front of you and not try to drive the thing?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

If I want to play a specific map, is there a good way to make sure I'm joining a server that just started the round? Right now I'm just filtering by region, map, and 1-10 open slots and almost always end up in a server where the score is in the 800s.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

The trick for issuing orders with the rose is to let go of RB/R1 while continuing to hold the analog stick in place on the objective you've selected. If you let go of the stick at the same time the order doesn't get issued.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Short of a practice mode or the singleplayer planes having multiplayer controls, you're going to have to practice flying on-the-fly against the other team (just like a lot of pilots in the actual war).

A couple tips I'd give:

- Make use of the map's edges (especially applicable to your alignment issues) Don't feel like you need to circle around the area you're attacking because it will give you poor angles and response times. Coming in from further out will allow you more time to get a better lay of the conflict and decide which point/area/spotted enemies to attack. It'll also help you see where enemy planes are to avoid/attack.
- Try to fly in straight lines as little as possible to make yourself a tougher target.
- Use your throttle up/down buttons frequently to help with erratic flight, making sharp turns, and putting sight line-blocking terrain between you and other planes/AA.
- If you haven't already, turn your sensitivity down. YMMV with this one, but I found that the default sensitivity made it difficult to do small aim adjustments, especially when shooting at planes.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

It's incomprehensible to me how people can't capture or defend C on conquest Argonne. Enemy taking the point? There's only one place they can be! Spam it with grenades and bullets. Enemy has the point but more than half our team has enveloped both sides of the bridge? Jump on it!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I got the bug one time joining a server whose match was ending and everything got fixed when the new map loaded, so if it's a pain to quit and the round is about to end you can just stick it out.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

This tank spawn bug is out of control. Really hope dice has made fixing that a priority.

Pretty tough to win an operations when you get no tanks and the defenders have three that seem to immediately respawn.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Tracula posted:

Played a few nights ago. Had people saying friend of the family constantly in chat for two games. Join a third and say "At least nobody is dropping N-bombs in here." First reply is "What are you, some kind of SJW?"
First game tonight in chat first thing I see is "Who else here hates niggers" followed my a slew of people saying me me me.

I usually don't complain about toxic communities but holy christ.

At least they were communicating in chat :negative:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I haven't really noticed vehicle respawn bugs until this past week, but I just joined a game that had 4 friendly and 4 enemy planes with immediate respawns for a couple maps. If I wasn't in a plane I was going wild with an AA position. It was fun, but pandemonium.

Later on another server the tank spawns refused to do anything for a whole round. It would show two ready to go and when you clicked to deploy it'd say the spawn wasn't available, despite still showing two spawns.

The first experience did get me pretty hyped for a dogfighting mode, but I hope they fix this soon.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Call me crazy, but is there a way to DDOS people on Xbox Live? I was in the middle of a artillery truck tear and suddenly experienced lag like I'd never seen. Three network symbols were visible on the right side of my screen (I'd only ever seen two) and they were all red. I experienced awful rubberbanding for about a minute before getting dropped and losing connection to EA's servers and Xbox Live. If this wasn't coincidental and I angered somebody that much I'm almost proud.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Yeah I've put six point blank shots into an armored car before without damaging it.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

He needs to learn his limit.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Is there a bug with light AT grenades? A cavalry dude just took out my full health arty truck with one.

Also it's hilarious/depressing to see the FPS kids get stuck in their own mini COD level at B on Suez.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I've died to a frag grenade that way before, but not this time. In fact I was slowly moving and the cavalry had just arrived to a point I was contesting. Definitely no mines or other players present.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

TjyvTompa posted:

Did he actually destroy the truck or just kill you? It is possible to kill people inside the arty truck with regular grenades, you just have to hit the sweet spot under it.

Yeah the whole truck blew up - flames and all. Was the strangest thing.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Wrecking an armored car will never not be hilarious - especially when it's bounding over a hill/dune.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

You can see more.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

Any attack plane tips beastie or any other good pilots?

I love my darts but I kind of want to switch it up. The biggest thing keeping me on the darts is the fact that the fighter is better for dogfighting

I've recently moved to the attack plane after using the trench fighter pretty exclusively the last couple months. Having an effective gun to strafe with is so satisfying and I can still use the spotting flares that my teammates probably ignore.

I just dogfight bombers and other attack planes because trying to out maneuver fighters is so difficult. If I get a fighter on my tail I've found leveling out is best whether you have a gunner or are switching seats to allow sustained fire instead of picking away at each other in a dogfight, which I almost always lose. Incidentally, I don't get chewed up by fighters nearly as much as I thought I would. Dumb enemy fighters often leave me alone if I just ignore them and keeping them in the sky with me is preferable to someone spawning in a plane who actually wants to kill me.

I also utilize friendly AA a lot more. If I notice someone is on a gun (my map zoom is maxed at 500) and I have an enemy plane behind me I'll try to fly right over their position.

I've also just accepted that my survivability is a lot lower than when I'm in a fighter. There are just going to be times I get shot down and there isn't much I could have done because I'm in a slow plane, but the increased firepower is a fair trade-off.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

You can view your level exp numbers in the soldier tab off the main menu. Click on the "weapons and gear" or whatever option. It should be the second one, below "customize soldier" which you should never click because it wipes your settings and takes a minute to load you into an empty server.

Speaking of, my "vehicles" screen has been bugged since the last patch. All the icons look zoomed and it doesn't display the stats for anything I have a star with; just stays on the last thing I viewed that doesn't have a star. Anyone else run into this?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Such a :dice: move that you can't view your class progress numerically through the in-game customization screen. The "weapons and gear" menu has the same progress bar in the same spot just with the addition of numbers.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I think my new strategy for playing Suez as Great Britain without a group is to see if I can limpet every building at B before it turns into a slog my team can't get out from.

The answer is no. My team will always lose B.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I still haven't gotten the cavalry saber's range down when trying to defend a charge. Maybe it's a lag issue, but I've been killed a couple times head-on from like 30 feet out.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Any word on when the next patch is dropping? I can't find anything and there are still several bugs, namely the black screen, that I'd like to see fixed.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Info on They Shall Not Pass DLC is up: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-they-shall-not-pass-dlc-detailed-in-/1100-6447210/

Four new maps, new tank, new behemoth is a tank, new melee-focused elite class, new field gun, and a new mode that's a rush/conquest hybrid. No mention of new firearms, but I have to think there will be a few.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I've only ever gotten the black screen bug on my first attempt to join a server during a session, so I think power cycling may be worse than just joining a new server.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Half the time I spawn in a tank the game will make me a pilot, cavalry, or (rarely) infantry class. It honestly feels like 4/5 the time at the beginning of a map. Until I hit level 10 tanker it was pretty annoying - although it still sucks when you're a cavalry and can't repair.

Happens to me in planes too but just as a cavalry, never a tanker.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I can't find myself and I run into a ton of things about "You never played BF4 so your profile won't load" and I'm guessing the API has been reworked or something for BF1.

Ooh negative on that it just doesn't assign my PSN Account name to the profile on the Tracker.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/Profile_1813698151

How do you find your profile if you can't look up your console account?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Agreed. I've realized behemoths are just there to make sure the match isn't too one sided. The team that gets it will probably still lose, just not as bad and everyone won't rage quit. If behemoths were too good you'd just sit at spawn until it arrived and then run the table.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Has there ever been an effective flashbang/blinding mechanic in a game?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

drat he got you good.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Any word on whether your class will be retroactively leveled? It'd be swell if my like million extra points in Assault would automatically bump me to 20 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Played a couple rounds today and also in the underwhelmed crowd. Doesn't seem like they chose the best maps. Everything feels cramped and it's just an endless cycle of getting shot in the back. I switched consoles a year ago and figured I'd wait for this instead of buying BF1 again, so I was hoping the beta would be a giant Battlefield map like in BF1's beta. I couldn't get enough of Sinai and it hooked me on the game. I hope I warm up to this as I shake off the rust. Also I miss spotting.