Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Had fun with the horse and decapitating fools. Can't fly worth a poo poo. For some reason I'm having a hard time adjusting to all the open sights on the guns. I love the baby tank your guy can barely fit into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

If you haven't used the flamethrower (spawns at Butter) I highly recommend it. I immolated 20 people in one go before I got surrounded by two tanks and taken down.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

They put out a thing saying preorders were down quite a bit from BF1 (probably Battlefront 2 is still in peoples minds) so they've basically just blinked first against Black Ops 4 and Red Dead I think. Probably a combination of that and some major issues cropping up.

From their statement:

“You have told us that you are seeing an increased focus on squad play come through, you are also feeling the difference in our revamped player movement and we are getting a lot of positive feedback for our improved weapons handling,” Oskar Gabrielson, general manager of DICE, said in a statement. “You’ve also spurred us to make some meaningful improvements to the core gameplay experience, including adjusting the gameplay tempo, improving soldier visibility and reducing player friction. You’ll see a lot of these reflected in our Open Beta that starts on Sept. 6.”

That's sounds a lot like PR speak for "This game is a mess"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I really just want a followup to BF2142. Mech combat, cloaking devices, all sorts of crazy poo poo that I'd love to see in a modern BF game.