Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
drat you couldn't ask for a better moment for a horse to whinny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
As badass as wartapes sounds, you're better off with other settings if you use a decent headset. Wartapes adjusts the volume so that everything is the same.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

ethanol posted:

I bought this on PS4 and I'll probably play on weekends a fair amount pan: InvadeFranceNow

Your PSN name is perfect for this game.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Fuligin posted:

My annoyance about them is less from dying and more about the amazing ability of the class's mere existence to turn a not insignificant portion of my team into useless retards

e; like so many times in operations it's come down to the wire and here's like five people standing on a ridge instead of throwing themselves into the grinder so we can scrape by

If there were no snipers I can guarantee they'd still be stupid, just in a different way. They'd be sitting in the corner of a room instead. Pubbies playing the objective is rare.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I have over ten kills with the spotting flare already and I have zero shame about it. I love playing as a scout with a M95 or K98 infantry rifle.

Pop a flare moving in, throw some gas at any little icons on the minimap and keep on cappin'

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Tei posted:

I hope the next BF game is a proper Command & Conquer total conversion, with Mammoth Tanks, Flame Tanks, Light Barrage Missile launchers. A special class Tanya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqnd4Qqq_1c

It would fit so well with this iteration of the BF engine... imagine a mamoth tank crushin the buildings in a town infected with tiberium, while flame troops clean the infantry inside, then a tanya appears and kills the tank with explosives and kill the flame dudes with akimbo pistols.

+I would love to see a remix of Hell March with the BF theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUWUtTZvK4

But I am liking the slowest speed of combat of WW1 too.

I never realized how much I want C&C Renegade on the frostbite engine until now.

Is Westwood still a company?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Parkingtigers posted:

Ugh, the main thread told me the BAR was a good gun. Maybe I bought the wrong one. But the BAR trench is hot garbage. Really intrusive ironsights, a mass of bullet spread, and with only 20 bullets good luck killing both those dudes you are shooting at (and missing). I will try the telescopic, one day, but for now I feel like I wasted 200 warbonds. Back to the Benet Mercie which outclasses it at every range and in every situation.

I was much happier with the automatic 8.25 extended I bought for my medic. That's a solid gun. 20 shots, fast reload, and a lovely tinny sound to the bolt. This is a gun I can get behind.

That's your problem. The BAR Trench is the perfect lmg for running in with a mask on and hip firing fucks in a sea of gas.

All the bar variants are good you just gotta get a feel for them. The trench can be a beast in close to medium range though.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
The slight chance for puzzle pieces for new melee weapons.

That's it.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

shut up blegum posted:

What's the best way to level up the scout? I want to use that pickaxe melee weapon but it takes forever and laying back and missing most of my shots isn't that fun.

Flares and the periscope are great for points if you have a semi-competent team.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
The only thing I don't like about the M95 is the fact that the bloc still has the rounds in it when you reload.

It's the gooniest of peeves. The gun itself is fantastic. I switch between it and the M98 infantry constantly.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I was playing operations on Grappa today when we get to the second assault. Enemy has the airship and one of our pubbies spawns in the AA Truck.

He then proceeds to spend the match trying to counter snipe people on the mountain from our spawn. I don't think he shot at the airship once the entire round.

:negative:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Alternatively, follow your squad drop ammo and use a BAR trench or Benet storm and enjoy your heavy assault rifle.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Beastie posted:

I find that if I'm in a fighter and being molested by AA that if I fly as low as possible I get away like 90% of the time.

Sure I'll have to repair but most of the time I'm back at it again.

That is, unless, the person on the AA is as good as I am. :clint:

Then I'm hosed.

My friend found out last night that you may escape the AA. But you won't escape the heavy tank that's squaring you up.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Speaking of AT Grenades: I find it ridiculous that the assault AT nades fly what feels like 3 times farther than the light AT nades do. Light AT grenades feel like you have wimpy noodle arms.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Popete posted:

I only casually play battlefield games at this point but I'm pretty sure cool-downs on spot have been a thing for awhile. Idk it just doesn't seem that complicated to me, I played the single player and multiplayer at the same time and had almost no issues.

I mean I guess it's sort of annoying that spotting works differently but why is it such a big deal? They altered some of the mechanics for single player to make it more fun in the context of linear 1 v 1 million AI missions. Would you rather they just not have a campaign so that you don't get confused? If they used the same mechanics in single player it wouldn't work as well.

Spotting cool down has been around for a while, you're right.

I also seem to remember in bf4 that it made an audible click when you hit the cool down.

My favorite part of this patch is flares working after you die. :D

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

GoGoGadget posted:

It absolutely makes zero sense to increase the TTK when they have already said TTD may be bugged and I'd say TTD is the problem, TTK never was. No idea what they were thinking here, especially since they said the change was due to "passive" players aka people that don't care about the game.

And it's not "not-medic," right? Isn't it specifically as Assault?

I did the assignment as a support. I've noticed a lot of those assignments bug out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
My favorite tank so far is the Staghound. Tigers just dont know what to do with you as you circle strafe the crap out of them.

I had a guy jump out of his tiger to try to kill us with TNT because he was out of ammo. My brother jumped out of the hound and stole it.

Pubbies will never learn to go down with the ship.