Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

moist turtleneck posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US server. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of x bros across the USA and your account is being traced right now so you better prepare for the dust storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my land ship. Not only am I extensively trained in FPS combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Bone Krew and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the map, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

FIXIT.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

deadwing posted:

EA access trial appears to be up

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/Battlefield%E2%84%A2-1/BWTTW53M5B98

Just pushed it to my Bone, now just gotta wait to get home and shoot some dudes

Gettin the band back together! :allears:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

I would have played but I could barely connect today or find matches.

Has anyone had battle packs random disappear and medals not complete today?

I signed on to play some this morning and there was a 768mb patch. Let it patch, signed in, and 3 achievements for class rank immediately popped.

My loadout still keeps resetting, though.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

RCarr posted:

The M1903 Experimental for the scout class is amazing. The damage is a little low, but it is laser accurate, and has FORTY-ONE shots in a clip. Trust me, just give it a try. It's a thing of beauty, and really makes the attack scout niche plausible.

The best news.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What exactly is "vehicle damage" and why do I only have 28/75 despite playing nothing but assault and doing thousands of points of damage to vehicles every match?

loving this. I was trying to do this last night and getting frustrated. Near as I can tell, each time you hit a vehicle counts as one damage regardless of how much damage you actually do in one hit in the game. It's lame as poo poo.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I know there are codexes and field manuals in the campaign. Anyone know if there are dog tags, too?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Finger Prince posted:

Try taking the bayonet off. I haven't tried it but according to the official site, equipping a bayonet has all sorts of detrimental effects to things like recoil, draw speed, etc.

Wait, really? Have a link?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

egyptian rat race posted:

My new favorite activity is lighting horse and rider on fire with the flaregun. Incredibly satisfying and pretty effective

The flare gun is also great on Rush. Arm an MCOM and fire a flare at the base of it. Disarmers will get caught on fire, and you have the added benefit of being able to see any enemies approaching your area.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

PabloBOOM posted:

:parrot:

Glad I have some sporadic time to play this ridiculous game thing again.

If only there was a medic around to revive me!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

mellowjournalism posted:

omg

fog of war hardcore pistols only is transcendental

is it possible to set rifles only with no scopes ?

edit: i was imagining things, i don't think there's a hardcore version :(

Fog of War was pretty fun. It threw me off at first that it doesn't really let you know when you kill someone. I thought I was just shooting really, really poorly, then I checked the scoreboard and 5 kills.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Chemmy posted:

We're all in a party chat normally. When I play alone I make a party just for me so I don't accidentally hear iTzBluntsmoka1488 talk.

This. The first thing I do in any multiplayer game is disable game chat. I have enough of that poo poo in CoD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

mellowjournalism posted:

y'all can blame pubbies all you want but DICE has designed their teamwork mechanics to collapse so profoundly under their bugs that the concept of PTFO is the absolute biggest joke I've ever heard

Medals, too. They medal system is so jacked that you have half the people on your team doing their own thing trying to unlock the medal instead of actually playing the game mode.