Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I couldn't agree more. BF5 and Blops 4 are the first games I've played with the games as a service and I just hate it. it just makes games feel like work and the constant ongoing marketplace stuff in your face is just awful. It's really starting to put me off online shooters even if it's mostly just stuff you don't need. it's just lovely vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

sunday at work posted:

I'm starting to think they aren't going to be able to pull this one out of the fire. Really hope that BC3 rumor pans out.

Personally I think it almost certainly will. Battlefield is ripe to go back to modern era. I think most people would like to see that happen. Bad Company is a long fan requested thing and on top of that it has less potential to be politically loaded than most modern shooters since it can theoretically be a little bit more out there.

I don't think it's a question if as much as it's a question of "can Dice make a good BC game in the games as a service era or under EA in general right now?"

Personally I'd just kill for a full on remaster of BC2, not that that would ever happen.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 10, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Firestorm matchmaking is actually pretty palatable now. It's still long for a BR game, but I've been playing all weekend and there's rarely more than a minute wait between matches.

it was so dire a couple of months ago I pretty much wrote it off, but I'm glad it's at least playable now since I to me at least it's the BR I am enjoying most, even if it's super jank compared to Blackout.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BC2 proved Rush was the best mode in Battlefield, but then they never captured that magic again and everyone went back to playing conquest.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BF4 had such a good PS4 goon presence since it was the only worthwhile multi player game on PS4 for like 6 months. Full parties all of the time for at least a year.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't dislike BF1 or 5, but they are just flat out not as fun as previous games imo. Just not as fun to gently caress around in. I always felt like I settled in to some things I really liked doing in BC2, BF3 and BF4, but even after quite a few hours I mostly just felt lost and frustrated in the last 2 games. Everything in BF5 feels like a meat grinder. I get shot out of nowhere all the time. And maybe it's just me but the new classes feel a lot harder to excel at. I don't really feel like I'm good at anything in BF5 when I used to be a kickass engineer and a good medic, but those skills haven't translated well for some reason.

And that's not even getting into how much they've doubled down on the games as a service poo poo.

Still I don't regret buying either of them because they are pretty looking and really fun sometimes. I also like Firestorm quite a bit. I just can't make Battlefield my main thing anymore because it doesn't rope me in like it used to. It just feels more frustrating than fun a lot of the time. I'm honestly not sure if that's the game or me though. I definitely don't have the amount of free time or willingness to play the same game multiple hours a day like I used to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

sunday at work posted:

Modern Warfare is going to have a 32 v 32 player mode with choppers and tanks.

really? poo poo I'm probably going to have to get this. The more they release about it the more appealing it sounds.

it makes sense because they already have 100 player blackout with vehicles and stuff. The only thing is that if Blackout is any indication there is zero chance it will look nearly as pretty as battlefield or have any of the destruction. The maps in general will probably feel extremely static coming from BF. On the flipside the matchmaking will be infinitely better, it'll be all around way less janky and COD shooting is just flat out more fun that Battlefield imo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maybe Dice could reassign their publisher? That would be a good start.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The VGO in firestorm might be like, the absolute worst gun I have ever seen in a video game. And for some reason half of the guns on the ground are VGOs now for some reason.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Been playing some more conquest lately and the number one thing I want from BF right now is for it not to be such a loving meat grinder. I swear it's like every level feels like the worst bits of BF4. Like, it just feels like such an incoherent experience. I've never had a problem finding my groove in Battlefield but in BF5 even after probably 25-30 hours of Conquest I feel like I'm just kill trading, spawning all over the map... It's just not that fun. I feel like it's rare I can survive for more than a minute or two because there is just soooo much camping and so many choke points. In BF4 and BC2 I'd sometimes go entire rounds without dying and I don't feel like I was that much better back then. It feels like it's by design. Also I just hate the classes now. I used to always play engineer but the assault just feels ineffective and weak by comparison . Destroying tanks solo used to be by jam but it feels almost impossible now because the AT weapons feel dickless. My final beef is how bad the spotting system is now. Why the gently caress would they get rid of just letting you spot people? In a game where you can't see a goddamn thing anymore cause the graphics are too good.

Just feels like the game is marred by bad design decisions all over. Which is a shame because it's beautiful and plays well. Battlefield is just feeling like it gets less fun with each iteration at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Everything needed for great Battlefield game feels like it's there in BF1 and 5, but they are both balanced in this way that feels really oppressive and unfun. Usually with Battlefield I'll do awful for a while but after a day or two I'll fall into a groove where I'm having a lot of fun and then I'll ultimately get pretty good at the niches that I enjoy the most and I'm having an absolute blast. With the last two I felt like I was perpetually in that purgatory of the first 8 hours of a battlefield game where it's just frustrating and annoying. I played both of them for like 30 hours and just deleted them.

I guess I put quite a few hours into firestorm :rip: Was actually a pretty great BR but it was so loving doomed for so many reasons. Warzone actually stole a bunch of poo poo from it. They had some alright ideas and it was drat pretty and there's still nothing else in the genre where you can level buildings like that.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Apr 26, 2020