Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Looking forward to this game and looking forward to shooting mans with other Boners. moist turtleneck you should probably add a timezone to the question about when people play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Pleads posted:

My plane and tank controls seem somewhat randomly un-inversed which is a heck of a thing to try to deal with on the fly.
Fun fact: turning the "invert vertical flight" option to on actually UN-inverts the Y-axis in planes. Pressing down on the stick to pull up is the "normal" option.

Another fun fact: Y-invert in tanks is controlled by the option "vehicle aim relative control".

Game is both fun and :dice: as hell.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Pleads posted:

Tanks need a smidge of a nerf and the game desperately needs a better map.

Is fun though, :dice: and all
I have a feeling tanks will feel more balanced when the full game is out and everyone realizes that the Assault class actually has an AT launcher. Right now everyone tries to counter tanks by running up to them with the AT grenades, and that uh... doesn't work.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

The flare gun is turning out to be my favorite gadget now that enemies firing doesn't make them appear on the minimap. Just fire it at a place where you know enemies are, and it's free spots for your whole team.

Plus you can burn people to death with it. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheOneAndOnlyT7/video/21327810

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Pleads posted:

I've never had it spot someone but have a 100% chance of lighting someone on fire, even if the flare goes way above their heads.

If it's a bug, I like it.
As far as I can tell the flare only spots enemies near it. If you shoot it over someone's head it'll only spot them while it's over them, then you'll lose the spot after it goes a ways past. They stick to walls, though, so I usually just shoot it right into whatever rock or building happens to be handy. I'm pretty sure the spot radius also goes through walls, so it's really helpful if your teammates are trying to clear out the tiny buildings between C and D.

EDIT: Guess I was wrong and they don't stick to walls, but shooting them into a wall is still useful if you want to scout that zone.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 8, 2016

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Beastie posted:

I also would like to jump on the Gewehr bandwagon.
Same here. The only way to play scout is to get up close and personal. All wookies must die, preferably by melee, but outsniping them without a scope and then teabagging the gently caress out of them is also acceptable.

So far I'm loving the game but I can think of two issues that would really help if they were fixed:
1) Be able to spawn in unused transport vehicles from the map.
2) Support's limpet charges need more than one use. What's the point of running up to a tank with one if you can't kill it?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Are there any Assault guns that have decent accuracy beyond like 10 feet? Shotguns are obviously out and I feel like I haven't found an SMG that controls well yet.

Comedy edit: Yes I know that the AT rocket is a laser.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Moochewmoo posted:

About to rank 3 medic. Any exceptional guns? The scope ones feel very constricted. I just want my bullets to go where I aim.
Everyone says to use the Selbstadler or whatever but for some reason my aim just loving tanks whenever I use it. Mondragon Storm is my choice.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/XCmr7PT.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 1, 2016

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

RCarr posted:

My old one transferred over to BF1 without me doing anything.
I think you have to go into the phone/web app and select your emblem again for BF1. But the list in the app should have all of the emblems you used for BF4.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

If you want the BF4 experience of throwing C4 on tanks, the way to go is to run Assault and the AT mines. Run up to side of tank, drop three mines, then throw a grenade at them. The explosion is pretty much a guaranteed kill on any tank variant and the radius is huge.

EDIT: Plus half the time the game will report that you killed a tank with a grenade, which has to be the most :wtc: thing to the tank driver.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 4, 2016

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Fuuuuuck, is this for real? I was wondering why the yaw controls never seemed to do anything.
Wait, what? I didn't change anything for planes, but I use the veteran setup for tanks and it definitely took effect in the campaign.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Most time i get in any kind of tank i immediately attract every single assault player on the map and their anti tank grenades heat seek straight to my tank and i blow up within second.

Of course my teammates are nowhere to be seen because they are to busy being spawn camped to help push out of the spawn trap. That's just how Battlefield goes you know.
If you really want to cause some havoc in a tank you should party up with a friend and grab a landship. The guns will reload even if you're not in them, so if you can coordinate with a driver to rotate while you switch seats, you can basically fire nonstop.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Although admittedly the spawn traps tend not to be to as bad as Metro or Locker in BF4. Even in Argonne Forest usually at least SOMEONE will slip through the net and start back capping.
This is true for Argonne but Suez still has this problem. Fortunately they're fixing that map.

EDIT: :dice: strikes again
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheOneAndOnlyT7/video/23372133

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 10, 2016

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Finger Prince posted:

Speaking of Argonne, has anyone else noticed a balance problem on that map? I've almost exclusively played as the Americans on that map, and it seems basically impossible to take and hold D or E, whereas it seems A and B get backcapped by the enemy frequently.
I was going through my Codex the other day and apparently after 65 games I still have yet to win a round as the US.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Does anyone know which option turns off the messages like "press B to bayonet charge" every time I sprint?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Popete posted:

I only casually play battlefield games at this point but I'm pretty sure cool-downs on spot have been a thing for awhile.
They have and it does make some sense to have them. Otherwise everyone would just be running around spamming RB in the hopes of tagging a distant enemy that they can't actually see themselves.

BF4 was a little more generous in how closely you had to aim to get the spot though. I feel like they should go back to that level considering that in BF1, enemies that are shooting don't show up on the minimap anymore.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

FastestGunAlive posted:

Wudsi is silent but strong. Like one of my anime waifus.

Bummed they didn't up rush player counts w the patch. 12v12 is too small and I don't like 32v32 operations, but maybe the other changes make that better. Will have to give it another shot
Isn't Rush 16v16 now? I haven't played it in the full game yet but I'm pretty sure it was that way in the beta.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well that was a fun round for me and my friends :haw:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

The Melee medal is impossible.
What this guy said. The cavalry sword is considered a melee weapon even though it doesn't give you dogtags from horseback. The melee medal was the first one I got.

EDIT: Also if you're doing the earlier steps, don't forget you can safely melee from the front now and it'll instakill if the enemy has low health. Just do things Halo-style: shoot the enemy a couple times, then punch them. Or slam a hatchet into their chest. Whatever.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 23, 2016

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Sometimes they just line right up for you...

http://i.imgur.com/qwBDUfa.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Zip! posted:

So how do I get one of those shiny Arty Trucks?
Same way you get a tank. Just pick the truck from the tank spawn point.

Picture unrelated:

http://i.imgur.com/31FRdY2.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Snak posted:

is my game broken? As a scout, it says hit down on the dpad to cycle zeroing distance, but it never displays that distance anywhere, so I can never tell what I'm zeroed at. What the gently caress. Like, I know where it displays it in the single player, but I don't see it anywhere on the screen in multiplayer.

Also I can't tell if I have K bullets equiped, but hitting right on the dpad causes a reload animation, I just can't tell which I'm on...
I think zeroing distance is displayed above your ammo count when you change it. K bullets will also be highlighted in your item list when they're equipped, but I'm not sure the indicator stays on screen forever.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

On Xbox at least, I think it's actually faster to close the game and restart it rather than use :dice:'s quit button if you want to switch servers. :ughh:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/OU6tx4E.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Apparently if you melee a prone enemy as a Sentry you just straight-up stomp on their chest :haw:

http://i.imgur.com/RWYa7k3.gifv

Also, protip! Melees against prone enemies are auto-takedowns regardless of the enemy's health or direction. gently caress that drop-shotter up!

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 9, 2016

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Get hosed, sniper!

http://i.imgur.com/enquJL3.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

It's your fault we lost! And you! And you! :argh:

http://i.imgur.com/dUlGt5J.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

We've got news about the first expansion: They Shall Not Pass, coming in March

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/they-shall-not-pass-battlefield-1-expansion

quote:

Releasing March 2017, They Shall Not Pass will be the first Battlefield 1 expansion. Featuring all-new maps, new weapons, and the new playable French Army faction, They Shall Not Pass will truly expand the theater of all-out war.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/UTYBFn8.gifv

Edit: REVERSAL OF FORTUNE

http://i.imgur.com/pG4hdfu.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 20, 2016

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Side takedowns with the knife never get old.

http://i.imgur.com/YQ7ZxjA.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Played Giant's Shadow for the first time last night in Conquest. It feels like it's in this weird space where each individual point is really well designed and interesting to fight over, but between the points there's just nothing. I had fun with it though. It didn't seem like as much of a snipefest as people were complaining about, but my squad spent most of the time backcapping A/B so there was a lot of cover.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Buddy, sometimes you just gotta admit you missed that motorcycle kill and move on.

http://i.imgur.com/TH5hs9o.gifv

EDIT: Drive-by

http://i.imgur.com/bNmXJfJ.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 22, 2016

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Ol Standard Retard posted:

holy poo poo (btw can you tell work is slow today yay holidays) is wookytheyear a goon? Because how do you get so close but so far from an outstanding screen name??
He's a friend of mine but not a goon. I'm actually not sure if he picked it himself because he shares the xbox and account with a couple roommates.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Man you guys all play with some tiny-rear end minimaps.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

What is going on with your vision here? :barf:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

i have my fov set to 105 because having peripheral vision is real nice
Oh I get that, I'm mostly just concerned about the weird shift when you get off the ladder. It's like you're warping a foot backward while moving forward :stare:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

FastestGunAlive posted:

Lol if you wanna snipe
ftfy

Also, cav nerf? What/when was this?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I got hate mail! :haw:

Dude teabagged me after a random kill, so I directed the four other friends in my squad to all viciously teabag him every time he died. He couldn't even wait for the game to end to send his loving words.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/T0XTLXI.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Speaking of interesting tank physics, a buddy of mine captured this one:

http://i.imgur.com/mdAC9T6.gifv

Full clip here: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WarriorGeorge/video/25260457