Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
https://youtu.be/VdasbLKm4s0

Hail! Hail! Hail!

(ouch it loving hurts get inside guys oh poo poo it dented my loving car)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Egorger Le Chef posted:

pretty sure he is bi, the real question is does he like to top or bottom when he is with guys?

Satan is a symbol of pride and excessive self regard so top obvs.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Zorodius posted:

how terrible that a guy from the 1700s so dumb he didn't even know what electricity was thought black people hatched from eggs.

big freakin deal. Just read the story, tuna dick.

Tbf lovecraft seems pretty hideously racist even in comparison to his contemporaries. Dude had issues. But it doeasn't come up much in his stories so freaking out about it in relation to them seems a lot like yelling about a plastic hula girl figure to me. Yeah I went there.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

nigga crab pollock posted:

stuff that is old is probably racist but that doesnt mean that you should stop reading it because Bad Ideas do not deserve to be forgotten, they deserve to be slapped up on a wall and made fun of . people stupid enough to burn books dont seem to get that and instead lean towards getting mad at surface level poo poo

an argument on whether friend of the family jim is racist, forever

Like I said it doesnt come up a lot if you just read his fiction. Huck finn is more explicitly racist than any of the cthulhu mythos stories. People just like getting mad and yelling about poo poo. If they actually gave a gently caress about stopping racism, there are much better targets than a hundred+ year old dead dude who was scared of black people, science, and space.

:agreed: tho.

• Locked thread