Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Thesaya posted:

It is not my fault that your language have to use a loan word to describe feeling joy at others' misfortune!

Oh, and I am using the word schadenfreude because that is your loan word, but the saying about it being the only true joy is all Swedish.

English does loanwords in the same way people 'borrow' Terry Pratchett books.

Technically it's not theirs, but you aren't going to get it back out of their hands short of the jaws of life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ultrabindu posted:

Vault-Tec are so cartoonishly evil it's great. I reckon that the company chief scientists just channeled the spirit of Pavlov to ask him about different ways to gently caress with people and dress it up as an experiment. I like to think that the senior Vault-Tec officials are off in some sealed bunker cryogenically frozen and somehow having video feeds from all the vaults beamed into their dreams just because they could.

Fallout Tactics actually has the Vault Vault-Tex made for themselves. They pretty much set it up so they could laugh at the schmucks in other vaults and sip margaritas through the apocalypse.

Then they decided that, hell, probably wasn't going to be a nuclear exchange, so why spend all this money on safeties when it could go to executive bonuses?

And that's why killer robots almost destroyed the midwest.

• Locked thread