Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm going to also throw in a vote for do not join with any faction yet. Let's explore a bit more and learn about the world. There's probably going to be plenty of time to come back to the factions and decide on whether or not to join up with one.

Regarding the latest video, I also have an interesting Jurassic Park story. I used to have some of the Jurassic Park comic books published by Topps that loosely followed up on the first movie. One of them was called "Jurassic Park: Raptors Attack", a four issue series that featured Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler tracking down 3 raptors in the Colombian jungle (long story short: a previous two issue comic, "Jurassic Park: Raptor", had several raptors stolen by a rival company to InGen, and the plane transporting them crashed with Grant and Sattler on board). Issue 2 features Ian Malcolm, fully recovered from his injuries in the movie despite roughly a week having passed since the first film ended, trying to organize a rescue operation with the local military because a mathematician can totally do something like that. The military is reluctant to go because the area the plane crashed is home to a local drug lord (who wants to turn the aforementioned raptors into trained guard dogs), but then out of nowhere Robert Muldoon shows up completely unscathed from the raptor attack he suffered in the film. Naturally, Ian is surprised since normal people don't survive raptors mauling your face off, but Muldoon casually hand-waves his survival on knowing the raptors' hunting patterns. And no, there is no further explanation as to why Muldoon survived in either "Raptors Attack" or its sequel series, "Raptors Hijack". So yes, DC and Marvel are not the only comic book people that pull bullshit resurrections out of their asses; Jurassic Park can do it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

And after all that effort to elude the Super Mutants, you still forgot the Guns & Bullets magazine in the end. Then again, you got your rear end handed to you about several times by them, so I don't blame you for not going back for it. Almost makes me wish for the hilariously busted Chinese Stealth Armor from Fallout 3's Operation Anchorage DLC to appear.

Also, I vote for going East first. As for guns, let's name our Combat Rifle Serpentine and the Sniper Rifle Deadshot.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ddegenha posted:

Because of the circumstances, the only time I saw a person signed on was at the beginning so I was really hoping the answer would be "the five minutes you spent roaming around in Sanctuary trying to find Codsworth but when I went upstairs and reported this conversation to my wife she said "Oh, so that's who that was." I was flabbergasted that she hadn't told me, but she made the very good point that I was already in a different room and hadn't listened when she said that I should turn off my mike so why would I listen if she told me that somebody had signed on?
That was most likely me at the start. My internet then went spotty for most of the stream, hence why I didn't say anything in the chat. I pretty much got frustrated with Twitch right after you finished up Vault 81 and checked out around then. So I wound up missing the last bit of the stream.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I vote for going East as well.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, is Strong just going to be hanging out at Trinity Tower until we eventually pick him up or does he automatically get sent to a settlement to live in until the player wants to travel with him?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Thesaya posted:

Our alcohol stores at the moment makes me happy. Hopefully, this will keep us from soberness for a long time.

(Also, I really need to watch Archer. I only know the show from internet quotations and I am starting to feel embarrassed of my lack of actual knowledge.)
Don't worry, I am also in that same boat. I know Comedy Central airs the show, but I've never been able to sync up my schedule to get around to watching the show.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The power armor + Silver Shroud outfit reminded me of this:

Yes, that's the severed head of The Shadow slapped onto a robot body following his death. The Shadow comics went to some odd places in the 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Since Strong likes almost none of our actions, I'd say ditch Strong for the poll winner, and go searching for some drugs for this Fred guy.

• Locked thread