Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Pretty sure you missed a safe in the vault 81 secret vault. At least it looked like one in one of the side rooms before you got to Curie.

And please raise your hacking, I love seeing terminals get hacked. The backstories are always amazing. You can always explain it away with Vault-Tec being doofuses and just using password as their password.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

There was an aluminum canister at about 9 minutes, is there a reason you didn't grab it? I thought aluminum was really useful.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

That little corner with a bucket for the triggerman to use as a latrine? The best part was the plunger on the shelf next to it.

And the little cat poster was of "Mr. Pebbles, the first cat in space." Maybe the dude really liked cats, and for some reason they're not around anymore.

seaborgium fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 26, 2016

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Please, for the love of all things holy and good on this earth, eat chips when you're not recording.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

I'm just curious, but with Spray and Pray can you just shoot at the ground and have the explosion damage the enemy? Seems like with something fast moving that aiming for the legs would be a better tactic. If it does explode when it hits the ground, then even if you fail to hit their legs you're still doing something rather than missing completely if you aim at the torso.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Pretty sure that Slough is pronounced something like sluff.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

ultrabindu posted:

No, the 'ough' is pronounced 'ow', like the exclamation of pain.

I had to look this up, there's apparently more than one accepted pronunciation.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/slough

Also, that is beautiful artwork, now I kind of want a hot dog for lunch.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Just curious, are you ever going to use energy weapons? I've always been a fan of plasma rifles, and it looks like you're starting to pick up energy weapon ammo more now.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

You did get a decent energy rifle this time at least.

And nothing wrong with leaving your tree up all year long. I have an 18 inch one that I change the lights on depending on the next holiday, though it was a pain in the rear end to find brown lights so I can have orange and brown for Thanksgiving.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

I have to defend Cannonball Run and Cannonball Run 2. The cast may seem cheesy, because it was the 70's but Dom Deluise and Burt Reynolds had great chemistry. It was basically a who's who of famous people of the time who knew each other and were friends, and they basically said "gently caress it, lets all get paid to hang out and have fun (and probably do all the drugs)". It also has one of the best bloopers sequences I've seen that runs through most of the credits. It would never win an Oscar, but they're decent movies.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

This was bugging me, since ethanol is the good one.

Methanol - Wood alcohol, just has one carbon, makes you go blind. Also makes pigs blind due to similar biochemistry to humans, and a good way to test if your bathtub gin is going to kill people. Also why there was a bar called "The Blind Pig" in my hometown for many years until the city made them change it. Not really used in rubbing alcohol.

Ethanol - The good one (meaning you can drink it and not have immediate adverse affects), 2 carbons, also the cure for methanol or isopropanol poisoning. If you do accidentally drink methanol or isopropanol, the EMT's will hook an IV of everclear up to you to keep you from dying or going blind.

Isopropanol - This is what's more commonly known as rubbing alcohol, 3 carbons with the alcohol bonded to the middle one. Anyone of them will work, but this is the one they use right now as methanol can be absorbed through the skin a lot better than this which makes it more dangerous.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

The level up you used made me think, Bloody Mess and the Richochet one might actually work for Archer. I mean, Brett did have that amazing ricochet to hit him, and Archer does seem to cause lots of mayhem.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

You really should call Piper's minigun just "The Pen". It is mightier than the sword after all.

And thanks for trying out the plasma sniper rifle. Always been a fan of plasma.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Yeah, for the love of all things holy don't eat lutefisk. It's terrible. My hometown does have a contest every year to see who can eat the most, and I think it's at least a couple pounds for the current record which is terrifying on it's own.

Am I the only one who compulsively reloads in Fallout games? I've seen you run out multiple times when you start shooting at someone with the sniper rifle, and then have to stop while the dude runs around having only been shot once. Maybe it's a reaction to how Marathon handled it, but I've always reloaded as soon as I'm done shooting. Even if I only shoot one bullet.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Just wanted to point out, there's a good possible reason they didn't use polymers in the guns. Most polymers are derived from crude oil. Gasoline is only one part of crude oil, most of the rest goes to chemical syntheses. Since Fallout was running out of oil, it would make sense that they'd also be running out of polymers.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

I forgot to say it after one of the last videos, but John Wick is a really, really good movie. The plot is kind of paint by numbers, but it's so well done I didn't really even notice. It paints an amazing picture of a world, and then plays around in it. Plus, Keanu Reeves was sort of built to play a quiet guy who just kicks rear end. I've heard the second is just as good but haven't had time to go see it.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

ddegenha posted:

I'm sure a lot of things just started making sense, including why when someone suggested Archer my thought process went "there's a covert organization in the game, he's got a dead wife and a baby, and an ancient English butler. It's perfect!"

Don't know about the cancer edition, but the Nuka World DLC that we're going to get into really makes me think of the first three episodes of Season 3. As for Burt Reynolds... maybe Danse? He doesn't have the mustache, though.

Really season 3 just needs a RAMPAGE!!! through some random people, perhaps a bit of torture, maybe some game shows. Something like that. As long as there's one big bad guy you're good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

The book you were discussing where someone shat in their armor, that's Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson. Second in the Stormlight archives. Excellent series if anyone hasn't read it.

Also, I'm loving the railway rifle. Catching up on the videos, but are there more upgrades for it? Recon scopes are cool, but good lord they look so dumb on it. Like chroming parts of a rusted out pinto or something. Sure, it works great, but drat does it look weird.

• Locked thread