Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
i have had some run ins with the police but I don't want to share them in this thread because the op is gross as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Hey I didn't read your post I just saw you had made this thread and wanted to stop by and let you know you're one the worst posters ever

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

One time when I was 5 I was playing with a toy gun and one of the neighbors called the cops. My dad threw that toy away after cops showed up at the door. :(

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

FlimFlam Imam posted:

I got the poo poo kicked out of me while he was yelling "stop resisting". The only resistance I did was put my hands up, he picked me up, slammed me into ground and starting kicking me in the gut. I was 19 at the time.

I'm white and I honestly hate cops.

The story: I was pulled over and they thought I had committed armed robbery. Mistaken identity. I was going to sue or do something but of course not a single lawyer would touch it without a HUGE retainer.

Every time the cops bust up a citizen, that's one more citizen that resents the cops, even though most of what they do is locking up assholes.
That fact becomes obscured by the personal insult to good citizens. The memories endure, and it is cumulative.
That is why the Blacks are so angry, and justifiably so.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

guidoanselmi posted:

I was blackmailed by a cop.

that isn't blackmail, idiot.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
A cop car was following me for 10 mins last week. I got triggered thinking about our fascist police force, even now im literally shaking thinking about it.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Sid Vicious posted:

i have had some run ins with the police but I don't want to share them in this thread because the op is gross as heck

Sounds like something personal. BLAM
Ah whatta you gonna do. Fishfucker.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

a cop hollered at me for making GBS threads in a dumpster and i hissed at him and vanished into the night

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My mom was a cop and she made me eat broccoli once when I didn't want to and it was v. scary

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

zimboe posted:

Sounds like something personal. BLAM
Ah whatta you gonna do. Fishfucker.

i dont understand but remember when you got run out of byob for being so terrible even they didn't want you

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Booblord Zagats posted:

My mom was a cop and she made me eat broccoli once when I didn't want to and it was v. scary

poo poo,BROCCOLI.
The horror.The horror.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Broccoli is good though. A lot of people, including myself, grew up with parents that sucked at cooking so we thought good things taste bad but they really don't.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
^^ My mom has always been a really good cook, I was just an rear end in a top hat 6 year old

zimboe posted:

poo poo,BROCCOLI.
The horror.The horror.

6 year old me was very traumatized. She refused to give me her badge number so I couldn't tell her Sgt but I reported her to grandma. System still worked back then

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Broccoli is good though. A lot of people, including myself, grew up with parents that sucked at cooking so we thought good things taste bad but they really don't.

I'm guessing you never tasted bacon or skittles

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

It's mostly because kids taste buds are different from adults. Bitter things in particular like broccoli are going to taste terrible to most kids unless you drown it in something.

Killer Low Life
Sep 6, 2010

Chiming in that Torrance PD are loving scum and among the worst cops on earth. Two of them pointed guns in my face and gloated about it. They stopped me being in a park after hours (I was walking back to my car)

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Bad Boys Blue are the worst! Just look at that crap:

https://youtu.be/Xh_1pYNabc0

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Killer Low Life posted:

Chiming in that Torrance PD are loving scum and among the worst cops on earth. Two of them pointed guns in my face and gloated about it. They stopped me being in a park after hours (I was walking back to my car)

After a crack deal with 14 year olds, you goddamed cretin! #hashtagpolicegood

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FlimFlam Imam posted:

I got the poo poo kicked out of me while he was yelling "stop resisting". The only resistance I did was put my hands up, he picked me up, slammed me into ground and starting kicking me in the gut. I was 19 at the time.

I'm white and I honestly hate cops.

The story: I was pulled over and they thought I had committed armed robbery. Mistaken identity. I was going to sue or do something but of course not a single lawyer would touch it without a HUGE retainer.

I'd love to hear the real story here lol

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlY9C6pzxKc

Does this guy mod D&D comfirm/deny

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
I haven't ran into any trouble with cops personally, but my sister does a lot because she has severe autism and most of her PCA's are from Africa (two from Nigeria, one from Liberia and one from Sierra Leone). Here's two stories:

1.) One of the staff went out to get the car and bring it to the store entrance my sister and another staff were waiting in because it was -20 F outside. The car was in a handicap spot (she has a rear view mirror hanger for parking in them) and a "community service liason" (sort of a cop but not really) wrote him a ticket for misusing a handicap sticker. He explained the situation to the cop, who then went back to the car, brought back the court date, and said "I could tear this stick up RIGHT NOW if I wanted to" and drove off. My dad called the guy, who stuck to his guns on the whole thing. My dad and the staff went to court and the "cop" actually showed up. Thankfully, the judge completely owned the rent-a-cop (he didn't actually have the right to tear up the handicap sticker) and threw out the ticket.

2.) My sister had a behavioral episode out in public once and the two staff with her had to restrain her, and someone called the cops. I totally understand that part because if I saw two people holding down a screaming woman I'd call the cops too. The cops didn't come out guns blazing, thank god, but they insisted that she go in an ambulance to the hospital to be evaulated. This was after her identity had been verified, the identity and employment status of the staff had been verified, and my mom got in contact with the officer, explained her risk management plan, and pleaded with him to not send her in the ambulance. So she had to go in the ambulance to the ER, the doctors were like "this was loving stupid" and the police department ended up being on the hook for an unnecessary ambulance ride and ER visit.

I don't hate cops or anything but I get into some uncomfortable discussions with those blue lives matter chest-thumpers sometimes.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

lol @ all the white males in here

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I got a reckless driving ticket once for driving 86 in a 70.

It sucked.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I also got a reckless driving ticket once for going like 86 in a 65.

I kind of understand that one.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I also got pulled over once when I was pushing 100, but it was like 3AM and I was in the middle of nowhere, so the lady cop let me off the hook and told me to gtfo of West Virginia.

That owned.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I once got pulled over in 2000 by one boy in blue followed by 5 more boys in blue. Had a county sheriff, DNR, 3 small town cops from around the area and the cop originally in pursuit all over being clocked at 110mph in a 30. What a load of poo poo! I was being courteous and doing it in an industrial park after dark and they had the nerve to pull me over. The arresting officer put me in the front seat uncuffed and everyone knows the back seat is safer in a crash so he wasn't even thinking about my safety.

Then, they threw me in the drunk tank for the night even though I was sober (due to "overcrowding") and I think it was to gently caress with my head because the other guy in there yelled all night about "My uncle is a judge!" and nearly drove me crazy.

I bailed myself out the next morning and then, after months of waiting, I had to wash police cars every Saturday for 6 months. I could have been injured from repetitive stress washing and waxing police cruisers but they didn't care.

I'd like to try it again on a modern literbike as I'm pretty sure a BMW S1000RR or similar could do 130/30 in the same space and would sound more impressive to my kids when they're old enough to hear about it.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Three armed cops kicked in the door of my room at Comfort Inn at 3 A.M. in an attempt to arrest me for alleged insurance fraud on a rental vehicle, regarding an accident I had dutifully reported that afternoon

I was not arrested or charged but I was billed for the door. Don't latch the door on your room if you are anticipating a raid

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

got busted by a federal park ranger smoking weed while camping once

dumb idiot wrote the court date wrong on the ticket than the one he selected LOL stupid loving moron went to my parent's house and harassed my family to try and found out where i was and was blowing up my phone so he could issue a new ticket because of his big stupid dumb dumb loving mega idiot moron mistake haha owned

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
One time the police seen me kicked my self in the nuts.

Owch!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
please somebody kill the OP

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
also if you want to actually do cop talks please make a separate thread so i dont have to see this one anymore

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

nice cop thread

voted 1

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i had a coworker who's from a black trinidadian family. half of them are do-nothing gangbanging losers and the other half are high-strung NYPD cops. she's the only one who isn't either

well that's my story, now go away OP

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

One time I was riding my motorcycle to work at like 4 in the loving morning and an SUV kept tailgating me and being aggressive so I bolted. Like five minutes after I got to work an SUV from the police department the next town over pulled in and a cop got out and started screaming at me about how fast I was going and how he was gonna call the sheriff's department and get someone to come write me a ticket.

From what I could gather from his incoherent yelling, he was on his way home (off duty, out of his jurisdiction) and decided to chase me to "see how fast I would go" because his brother died on a bike or something. Never even turned on his lights, just... chased a bike at over 100 mph for shits and giggles.

I told him to gently caress off or I'd call the sheriff's department on him and then I felt like a real cool guy for a couple days but honestly I think he was probably in a real bad spot and needed someone to talk to.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I once called police to report a crime and the person handling my call kept trying to entrap/jedi mind trick me into incriminating myself.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I've dealt with the police 40+ times. Only one was abusive, and only one time was a gun pointed at me.

The worst was in Richmond VA walking home with a friend from a bar. We were quite literally doing nothing but walking when suddenly we were slammed against a wall and being yelled at. We were searched, my wallet and glasses chucked into the street (?? lol) and the cop told me to pick up little pieces of glass on the sidewalk. They gave zero reason for what they were doing and it was the one and only time I talked back to a cop. I started yelling back and told him to just arrest me and things along those lines. They came back with "oh what are you a lawyer? we got a lawyer on our hands!" which, made little sense, and given the nature of the event I figured I would be going to jail. But even after refusing their task of picking up glass and ridiculing them to arrest me, they just left. They didn't even steal my money or anything. It was very strange honestly, to this day I can't imagine what was going on there.

The one time I had a gun pointed at me I was with some friends in an apartment pool, way late at night. Not 5 minutes before I had been loving my gf at the time, in the pool, in front of everybody lol, so I was already in a strange frame of mind for having done something so weird and wacky. Suddenly one cop jumps the small fence surrounding the pool with his gun drawn yelling at us to put our hands up. It was so surreal and out of nowhere I thought for a few seconds "WTF am I being arrested for loving in the pool????? I know its technically closed at night but..." then the cop yells/asks us where our clothes were. He started rifling through our clothes and then put his gun away and said he was looking for a suspect on the run wearing a black and yellow striped polo last seen running through the complex, much more calmly asked us if we saw such a person, and then went on his way. What was even more strange is we never heard sirens or saw a cop car throughout the whole night. I didn't really have time to register that I had a loaded gun pointed at me and I'm pretty sure I was drunk as well so that part didn't quite get to me at all. This was in Charlottesville, VA if anybody wants to know which PD.

The most serious crime I had ever been caught for (DWI) was one of the most professional and courteous interactions with a cop ever, a Texas state trooper. I felt like I was refinancing a mortgage at a bank rather than being arrested. Which is actually kind of unfortunate because there was nothing to fight in court, other than the fact that I basically seemed sober on camera. I wasn't of course, and my blood was drawn, and thats all she wrote on that one. What's weirder is the cop gave me back my driver's license for my literal convenience in jail as I was being processed (very unusual, this is usually taken away and you have to get a temporary) , oh and he let me sit in the front seat of the patrol car because the back had no legroom. We talked about cars the whole time too and he was very matter of factly telling me all capabilities of his Charger, and complimented my car and in particular how clean it was (lol).

I would say the vast majority of my police interactions were downright positive and I usually got away with more than I was ever cited for. Most issues with the police force, in my opinion, are more fundamental in nature that has little to do with the cops themselves. It does help if you're polite though, fyi, oh and dont be black/live in the ghetto obviously. But often enough I was "pushing it" in terms of profiling and yet still fared perfectly fine. The majority of my interactions were being pulled over by the police, most of which occurred within 18-24 months when I was basically drag racing all the time.

Jail staff, on the other hand, have been universally pointlessly rude and confrontational and literally try to gently caress with you and everybody.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i hadn't smoked a joint in like a year one day, i smell a LOT of weed like someone is clearly smoking nearby, but the cops were called on me, single mid 20s white dude, and the cops harassed me for about 2 hours trying to get me to fess up to smoking pot & also to stop because of the children and i pointed at the college age preacher's son across the street and they were like no it's you and finally i asked if i was being detained and they said no, i walked past them back into my house and said if they think they have cause, to do something about it and they left lol

i would have died if i was black im pretty sure because i had to pass through a cop's personal space to get to my door

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

if a cop hassles you give them a good hard shove to make sure it's not a bunch of cicadas clumped together in the shape of a cop before you answer any of their questions. the constitution says you don't have to tell a cicada poo poo

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I had been loving my gf at the time, in the pool, in front of everybody lol

gently caress offfffffff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Flavor Truck posted:

gently caress offfffffff

So he likes an audience when he masturbates, what's the big deal?

• Locked thread