Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

I was blackmailed by a cop.

One day I came home and saw a police business card on my apt door with a handwritten "call, urgent" or something. I get in touch with a Pasadena PD detective who demanded to know my roommate's contact info without giving me any reason. I said that I felt uncomfortable because I didn't know the context and I wanted to check with him first to see what the hell had happened or an attorney. She said that I would be implicated in whatever it was if I didn't give his phone number then and there.

Eventually I found out what had happened from my research-obsessed Caltech grad student roommate, and he had done something incredibly stupid. It was essentially a hit and run incident with a cyclist while he was in his motorcycle where the cyclist biked into him as he was turning into a parking lot. It happened right outside his office and he was late to a meeting. He helped the guy up and tried to exchange information but, according to him, the cyclist was in shock so he ran to his meeting. No one was injured but the cyclist's bike was totaled. Rather than staying, he ran to his meeting like 100 ft away. Ultimately, the cops did nothing, anyway, but I had to be blackmailed because a cop couldn't be bothered to wait for me to tell my roommate to call.

TBH that's probably the only negative experience I've had with cops despite looking like a terrorist, but it's pretty unethical.

zimboe posted:

Ever since, I shiver a bit with fear when I see a cop in my rear-view.
I don't hate cops in general but I hated those Torrance PD cocksuckers like I hate poisonous reptiles and for the same reason- they were a hazard to my life.
We weren't even black, just ordinary hippie potheads, but as trespassing Undesirables, they saw fit to terrorize us and put us in fear of our lives cuz, yah know, longhaired hippy creeps.

I had a cousin-in-law who is an LAPD detective and mentioned that Torrance PD are particularly...that way. They view themselves as the barrier between south central & the rest of LA.

e: I have a few good cop stories, but maybe later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread