Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I've dealt with the police 40+ times. Only one was abusive, and only one time was a gun pointed at me.

The worst was in Richmond VA walking home with a friend from a bar. We were quite literally doing nothing but walking when suddenly we were slammed against a wall and being yelled at. We were searched, my wallet and glasses chucked into the street (?? lol) and the cop told me to pick up little pieces of glass on the sidewalk. They gave zero reason for what they were doing and it was the one and only time I talked back to a cop. I started yelling back and told him to just arrest me and things along those lines. They came back with "oh what are you a lawyer? we got a lawyer on our hands!" which, made little sense, and given the nature of the event I figured I would be going to jail. But even after refusing their task of picking up glass and ridiculing them to arrest me, they just left. They didn't even steal my money or anything. It was very strange honestly, to this day I can't imagine what was going on there.

The one time I had a gun pointed at me I was with some friends in an apartment pool, way late at night. Not 5 minutes before I had been loving my gf at the time, in the pool, in front of everybody lol, so I was already in a strange frame of mind for having done something so weird and wacky. Suddenly one cop jumps the small fence surrounding the pool with his gun drawn yelling at us to put our hands up. It was so surreal and out of nowhere I thought for a few seconds "WTF am I being arrested for loving in the pool????? I know its technically closed at night but..." then the cop yells/asks us where our clothes were. He started rifling through our clothes and then put his gun away and said he was looking for a suspect on the run wearing a black and yellow striped polo last seen running through the complex, much more calmly asked us if we saw such a person, and then went on his way. What was even more strange is we never heard sirens or saw a cop car throughout the whole night. I didn't really have time to register that I had a loaded gun pointed at me and I'm pretty sure I was drunk as well so that part didn't quite get to me at all. This was in Charlottesville, VA if anybody wants to know which PD.

The most serious crime I had ever been caught for (DWI) was one of the most professional and courteous interactions with a cop ever, a Texas state trooper. I felt like I was refinancing a mortgage at a bank rather than being arrested. Which is actually kind of unfortunate because there was nothing to fight in court, other than the fact that I basically seemed sober on camera. I wasn't of course, and my blood was drawn, and thats all she wrote on that one. What's weirder is the cop gave me back my driver's license for my literal convenience in jail as I was being processed (very unusual, this is usually taken away and you have to get a temporary) , oh and he let me sit in the front seat of the patrol car because the back had no legroom. We talked about cars the whole time too and he was very matter of factly telling me all capabilities of his Charger, and complimented my car and in particular how clean it was (lol).

I would say the vast majority of my police interactions were downright positive and I usually got away with more than I was ever cited for. Most issues with the police force, in my opinion, are more fundamental in nature that has little to do with the cops themselves. It does help if you're polite though, fyi, oh and dont be black/live in the ghetto obviously. But often enough I was "pushing it" in terms of profiling and yet still fared perfectly fine. The majority of my interactions were being pulled over by the police, most of which occurred within 18-24 months when I was basically drag racing all the time.

Jail staff, on the other hand, have been universally pointlessly rude and confrontational and literally try to gently caress with you and everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
? lol

edit: if it makes you feel any better, all I do is work, masturbate, and play video games these days.

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 1, 2016

• Locked thread