Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
The Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area of North Carolina will likely continue to grow and prosper based on the strength of its knowledge/tech economy. The presence of Research Triangle Park's high-skill jobs, combined with the major universities of Duke, NCSU, and UNCH that can provide the workers for RTP employers has been and will probably continue to be an asset for the area. This is assuming growth can continue, but in the near term, RTP has a good amount of land, and smart management can mix residential and commercial areas.

The nationally-renowned quality of life in the suburbs of Raleigh has attracted rapid growth and a corresponding increase in the price of the typical single family homes. I expect to see working class (and some middle-class) priced out of the more centrally located Apex, Morrisville and Cary to Holly Springs, or as far south as Fuquay-Varina. I have no idea if NC's road infrastructure can handle such a population commuting upwards of 30 miles to where all the good jobs are.

Beyond that, I expect to see a lot more immigrants, particularly from South Asia, and their descendants as white people make up a smaller percentage of the population. Morrisville in particular already has over a quarter of its population of Asian descent.

Those are my initial thoughts. I'll have to think more on this.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread