Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Winnipeg, Manitoba

The Wikipedia article on the city will describe this place a lot better than I ever could, but the nickel tour is basically it's the capital of Manitoba, which is in central Canada. It actually has a fairly diverse economy and while it doesn't benefit as much from boom times, it weathers weaker economic times a lot better. Also, like most major metropolitan areas, things like economy of scale and corporate mergers mean that a lot of smaller businesses spread out throughout the province are being absorbed or made redundant by services offered in the city.

One thing I am intrested in whatching is how this city may change due to climate change. Winnipeg is protected by two floodways, one that diverts the Red River around the city and another that shunts the Assiniboine River into Lake Manitoba. Both are experiencing an increase in water volume because of climate change and the continued destruction of wetlands which help regulate the movement of surface water across terrain.

Because of this, I forsee a lot of migration to the city from the smaller communities in the province that aren't protected by the floodway due to the increasing frequency of flooding events.

If the flooding trend changes to a drought trend all bets are off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread