Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

their old albums still sound good but if you look up what they sound like live in recent years its kind of a sad disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQdPiBvpCdE

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i like aenima cuz sometimes when you're stuck in LA traffic you just gotta

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Earwicker posted:

their old albums still sound good but if you look up what they sound like live in recent years its kind of a sad disaster

I saw Puscifer live like a year ago and they were quite good. idk about Tool.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

garfield hentai posted:

t
h
is
pos
t is re
eally int
ellectual beca
use i am doing some really
cool math poo poo thats just for deep people

I get it u read left to right and then go down a line

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Crash_N_Burn posted:

He had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say

*tinks the intro on a beer bottle*

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

garfield hentai posted:

t
h
is
pos
t is re
eally int
ellectual beca
use i am doing some really
cool math poo poo thats just for deep people

all this pain is an illusion

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
aenima is p dope

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Earwicker posted:

there's no need to see a tool show

just cue up 90 minutes of songs, tape a picture of a drumkit to the corner of your monitor and put on milkdrop

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
There seems to be a significant overlap of "Tool Fans" (as in, you know, Tool Fans as opposed to people who just kind of like some of their stuff or whatever) and people who think God is a mockable fantasy but are really into other kinds of mystical intangible yet totally real and manipulable energies. Praying is for sheep now let me sit cross legged surrounded by shiny baubles until my chakras align gotta get that chi flow goin'

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

garfield hentai posted:

There seems to be a significant overlap of "Tool Fans" (as in, you know, Tool Fans as opposed to people who just kind of like some of their stuff or whatever) and people who think God is a mockable fantasy but are really into other kinds of mystical intangible yet totally real and manipulable energies. Praying is for sheep now let me sit cross legged surrounded by shiny baubles until my chakras align gotta get that chi flow goin'

Gonna tie your dick in a knot with my chi lines.

William F Cuckley posted:

there's no need to see a tool show

just cue up 90 minutes of songs, tape a picture of a drumkit to the corner of your monitor and put on milkdrop

Confirmed this works.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

garfield hentai posted:

its because the Secrets of the Universe are contained not in religious texts but in Tool's album Lateralus, but only if you rearrange the track order according to the Fibonacci sequence as hinted at by the time signature changes in the title song

I bet Dan Brown is a Tool fan

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
learn to swim learn to swim

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
'why cant we just be sober'

*nods head - cracks miller lite in pool*

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i remember watching milkdrop listening to tool and smoking weed in my dorm. yeeeep the aughts were extremely my poo poo

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Awesome Welles posted:

I know the pieces fit

The pieces are my dick and your mom's dick!

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

thathonkey posted:

i remember watching milkdrop listening to tool and smoking weed in my dorm. yeeeep the aughts were extremely my poo poo

yup i did this too

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Tool ruled through aenema and lateralus was okay and everything after kinda sucks and maynard is a ridiculous human being but I still love those old songs man he could write a good melody and sing about masturbation to it like none other.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

i took acid at tool concerts in the 90s, back when acid, tool, and going to concerts were a thing

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
smoked a joint once at a tool concert and got way too high and had to sit down on the floor in the middle of a huge standing crowd for like seven songs then my friend had to help me out and we left. My friend was a huge fan and I ruined the show for him lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
poo poo THE BED

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I used to live with a crazy russian stripper. I hosed her like, 800 times. She's actually never crazy to me but is super mean and crazy to other people. Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I loving own.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Dave_Indeed posted:

I used to live with a crazy russian stripper. I hosed her like, 800 times. She's actually never crazy to me but is super mean and crazy to other people. Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I loving own.

nice

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Dave_Indeed posted:

super cool

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mariana Horchata posted:

'why cant we just be sober'

*nods head - cracks miller lite in pool*

the line is "why can't we not be sober"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
idk what i'd do with a tool person, what kind of carpentry would they be in to, would they be offended if i used a variety of tool ppl, would they be willing to remind me when i forget to put on some safety equipment or would they secretly be plotting my death

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Earwicker posted:

the line is "why can't we not be sober"

its ok i believe u

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am wine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtZJiQSmJ9g

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

i had a tool work shirt in the 90s and one pocket had a Tool patch above it and the other one had the name smokey and every so often some old man would come up to me and start talking how he used to work in the tool shop too, it kinda owned

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Tool is good and it's OK to like them.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
tool is /was good

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are they gonna do another album? :sadpeanut:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Parties are cool imo even the really bad ones

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I enjoy when it's 1am and you just showed up and everyone's just sitting on the couch cause no one brought enough drinks or drugs and you just discuss the election and everything's lame as gently caress. Good scene

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It's all about Porcupine Tree now, you guys missed the bus guhhhhh.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

about 5 or 6 years ago i was with a friend and we were bored and looking for anything to do. his friend hits him up and asks him to help unload a u-haul and get him set up in a new apartment, in exchange we will get to smoke some weed and meet some people. We do it, it's no big deal, all the heavy poo poo save 1 or 2 things was moved already. So we hang out, party, some people come, we all get high, and it's fine until everyone leaves, it's just me, my friend, and this dude, who has decided he is going to gush about a threesome he just had on his birthday. It's cool to have threesomes. I'm happy for him, but he's going into every dirty detail for like the 2nd hour now, and we're on our way to taco bell, and he's like OH MAN do yall like Tool?

Neither of us liked tool and we were charitable about it and just said we hadn't really heard any Tool we liked, and he loses his loving mind and is like YALL HAVE BEEN TALKIN NERDY AND DEEP poo poo ALL NIGHT HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE TOOL? LISTEN TO THIS.

He then forcefully plays us like 3 or 4 tool songs because this taco bell is that far away, and we loving hate it and we're not the kind of people to put on airs and this guys is losing his mind screaming abotu fibbonaci sequences and how deep and smart it is and how maynard reznor is a genius or w/e and he's just like seriously offended we don't like tool.

Then we ate taco bell while he continued to gush about his threesome over like three more bowls. anyway that's my Tool Fan story thanks for reading.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like to be free to ride my machines and get loaded

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i don't listen to tool but i want a real penis wrench i saw on one of their posters one time

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Chief McHeath posted:

It's all about Porcupine Tree now, you guys missed the bus guhhhhh.

Porcupine Tree is pretty cool if you are like a person who has never left their mother's house or some other kind of titsucker w/ no lived experiences. So basically, I'm sure NMD likes them a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

hemophilia posted:

about 5 or 6 years ago i was with a friend and we were bored and looking for anything to do. his friend hits him up and asks him to help unload a u-haul and get him set up in a new apartment, in exchange we will get to smoke some weed and meet some people. We do it, it's no big deal, all the heavy poo poo save 1 or 2 things was moved already. So we hang out, party, some people come, we all get high, and it's fine until everyone leaves, it's just me, my friend, and this dude, who has decided he is going to gush about a threesome he just had on his birthday. It's cool to have threesomes. I'm happy for him, but he's going into every dirty detail for like the 2nd hour now, and we're on our way to taco bell, and he's like OH MAN do yall like Tool?

Neither of us liked tool and we were charitable about it and just said we hadn't really heard any Tool we liked, and he loses his loving mind and is like YALL HAVE BEEN TALKIN NERDY AND DEEP poo poo ALL NIGHT HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE TOOL? LISTEN TO THIS.

He then forcefully plays us like 3 or 4 tool songs because this taco bell is that far away, and we loving hate it and we're not the kind of people to put on airs and this guys is losing his mind screaming abotu fibbonaci sequences and how deep and smart it is and how maynard reznor is a genius or w/e and he's just like seriously offended we don't like tool.

Then we ate taco bell while he continued to gush about his threesome over like three more bowls. anyway that's my Tool Fan story thanks for reading.

hey cory, whats trevor up to these days?

• Locked thread