Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
i will post my own once i figure out how, or someone can post mine if they can, I couldn't figure out how to easily find it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mariana Horchata posted:

ive never hit the post button, only reply

replies are fine

I didn't realize post history capped out at 1000--sorry everyone.

Maybe just post the oldest post you can?

here's mine, which is my first post, I think, since I only have 907 and this is the 907th:

A Strange Aeon posted:

Not to get in the way of all the holiday giving, but I had a question about MoO.

Basically, it looks like a sweet game, but I am horrible at it. Can someone give me a first 25 turn idea of what I'm supposed to be doing? I just got the news report and I'm in last place. So far, I've colonized two other planets, made a couple of fighters, found some planet where a "Guardian" blew the hell out of a scout...I guess I'm not sure how to read the tech screens and what not.

For instance, I wanted to research better ship weapons, so I put some points into that, but ended up researching hand lasers instead. I did browse the manual, but it's over 100 pages, so I'm thinking someone can give me some better hints on what I should be doing.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

It was something in FYAD I think. Back in my tender youth I had a summer where I was determined to be a forums superstar and posted there 24/7. Fast forward 13 years later (god I never felt more old than when I just typed that) and I only just recently dug myself out of having a negative post count.

Is that where negative posts come from, posting in FYAD?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

im gay posted:

can someone check for me i dont have post history

this is your oldest I could find--post 1000. Post history only shows 1000 apparently.

im gay posted:

alright boys i need some suggestions. i have four real life friends that have bones and they all want me to get it. but i want a ps4 and to upgrade my PC. suggestions???

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Darth123123 posted:

This is amazing to not know at 6 yrs. our community is truly fractured.

You're right, but I mean--every once in a while I look in FYAD and I just don't get it, so I never really got into what it was even supposed to be about.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

im gay posted:

damnn im a loving idiot

what only capturing the past 1000 posts does is let someone reinvent themselves, which is pretty cool.

like, you could post 2000 posts in some sub-forum and be a big idiot, but then decide to turn over a new leaf, and start posting good and true in some other forum.

and then after you've posted 1000 posts, the old big idiot you is gone, or at least very hard to track down, and you're basically a fresh new poster

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Laurenz posted:

I've only been here for about 9 months and I've already forgotten what it was...and I'm too lazy to look it up...

Pretty innocuous if you ask me:

Laurenz posted:

I've lived in England for the majority of my life and growing up there were a lot of kids with braces. But no-one really had bad teeth.

I blame the council housed chavs.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Glasgow Kiss posted:

I'm curious now. poo poo, it's probably something stupid and cringy.

Here is your first post, I believe, since you have under 1000:

Glasgow Kiss posted:

Tamaryn - "I'm Gone

From a PYF "song you can't stop listening to" thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Murphy Brownback posted:

My first college roommate paid for my account so I could follow him around fyad and empty quote him to help him get "accepted" (it didn't work) so it was probably an empty quote of an awful post.

Whoa, are you serious? Why do people want to get accepted in FYAD so badly that they'd commit fraud like that? Maybe I'm dumb but I'm not sure how being accepted by FYAD would look different than being ignored by them.

I'm on phone til this evening, so thanks for pulling back that guy's post, symbolic.

Even though actual first posts are elusive, it's interesting to be reminded of what you posted a 1000 posts ago. Unless you post like crazy and 1000 posts ago was yesterday.

• Locked thread