Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

When can I expect to not pay out the rear end for NVMe? I looked at 1TB drives and saw $600-$700 and said gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You can preorder a 1TB 960 EVO for ~$470 at the moment through Samsung's website.

What's the expected release date for it? I don't see one on the page.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You can now pre-order the entire line of 960s: http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/all-memory-storage/s/solid_state_drives/_/n-10+11+hv22y+zq29m/

EVOs:
250GB - $129.99
500GB - $249.99
1TB - $479.99

Pros:
512GB - $329.99
1TB - $629.99
2TB - $1299.99

Man a 2TB would be nice but jesus. I'm glad we're at the point though, prices are only gonna fall from here... right?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Don Lapre posted:

These are msrp, id expect amazon/newegg to be a good bit cheaper.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Evidently there are enough NVMe products in the pipe from other manufacturers that anyone who's paying MSRP now is doing so so they're the first new kid on the block with the fastest boot drive.

I'll deal with my 256GB until then, I can hold out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

metallicaeg posted:

No, but I probably spend more time farting per day than the collective difference in boot performance and game load times between the two in a given month.

This is too loving funny.