Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Has anyone seen any 1TB SSDs pop up in the Black Friday ads? I want to get a second one and do away with spinners in my tiny mITX builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

SlayVus posted:

I dont know where they're stock is going to come from... They sold 975 on EBay for $270 a piece in October. I doubt they would purchase any great quantity of them for black friday deals.

I think that is the same price MicroCenter will have on Black Friday and they will include a code for Watch Dogs 2.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

JnnyThndrs posted:

Fry's has the 1tb 850 Evo for $229 as one of their Black Friday deals if you're signed up for their daily promo code emails.

Does that include the Watch Dogs 2 code?

Paul MaudDib posted:

The Sandisk Ultra II has dropped below $200 on Amazon Lightning deals in the past but hasn't lately. Frankly I'd rather have a 960 GB Ultra II for sub-$200 than an 850 Evo for $250, but at those prices the 850 Evo is the obvious star of the pack here.

Are they still running any Visa Checkout deals?

edit: MX300 750 GB for $99 starting via Newegg eBay, starting 12pm PT

Don't forget that Newegg is including the Watch Dogs 2 code. I, too, am bummed I missed the Sandisk deal, I think it was $170 which is a steal.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302130800590?rmvSB=true&afepn=5335869999&afepn=5335869999&rmvSB=true

Ebay has the 850 1TB for $220+tax in most places, no mention of Watch Dogs 2 code.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

What do you guys think would be faster? 2x M.2 Samsung 850s 1TBs in Raid 0 or an m.2 960 Pro 1tb? I'm not going to be doing either of these any time soon, but I was just thinking of possible upgrade paths in the future.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Second Sun posted:

Some boards with 2 m.2 slots restrict each to PCIE x2 instead of x4 when both are in use, so that's another thing to weary of.

That was only for Z170 because it only had 20 lanes, 16 were reserved for the PCI-E slot. Z270 has 24 lanes and this shouldn't be the case.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

How important is one SSD for your OS and another for your games? I've been hearing more and more that it makes a difference.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I have two 1TB SSDs, I was just curious. The second one is just there to be non-loud storage.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

BobHoward posted:

It's probably people who saw huge gains from a SSD / HDD setup and falsely attributed much of the goodness to splitting OS and apps across two drives when 99% of it was just getting something off of spinning rust. Then they try SSD / SSD and confirmation bias themselves into believing that they spent their money wisely.

I am skeptical because, in a single SSD system, if your OS is thrashing the disk so hard that it measurably impacts game performance, you have other problems.

Yea like I said, I was just curious. Whoever was spouting off about this was saying Windows 10 is trash garbage, etc. Probably didn't go through all the settings and turn off everything.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Anyone see any NVME deals coming up for Black Friday? I haven't seen a MicroCenter ad yet, but I'm beginning to think that's my only hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

priznat posted:

Yes but only x2 gen2 it looks like.

Can't you just get one of the PCI-E to M.2 cards to get 4x?