Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
On that note, are there any current ssds to "worry" about? Controller IC bugs are ironed out surely.

Like, across the board, even poo poo cheap ones have fine controllers right, or are there still explosive designs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Amazing. I only remember ocz and early samsung OEM drives with failing hardware specifically.

Firmware gets patched I understand but IC design seems solid for now and there's few, if any, bargain bin controllers with explosive issues it sounds like.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
The thread title jogged a memory in me. I may have been one of the first to get anime accidentally in my disk software.

I remember posting here years ago and getting a rec for crystal disk mark. I clicked on an anime edition unknowingly (there were no anime girls, just the names) and told the thread thanks for the Anime, but for real how can I read SMART plz

A bunch of goons were confused, the author had just released the re-skins, and there was a good bit of swearing amongst goons. My memory gets hazy after that but I do remember being really annoyed by anime girls and not using Crystal for years.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Give it a lil shake. The rattle means refund!