Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

mind the walrus posted:

Boston was oddly the first city where I experienced some deep dish racism and classism. Do you know how bad you have to be to beat New York? gently caress I bet half of those lobster-eaters would consider that a point of loving pride.

Nice architecture though and the average person in the city center was way more educated and chill than any other city I've been to. It's also the only city I've been to in the US that feels like it has history living in it from top to bottom. New Orleans and Philly segregate what's left of their history to one tourist corner, and New York is always literally building on top of itself that while there's historical poo poo it's always a mish-mash of eras. Boston had a nice consistency to it. The North End in particular has a great English feel.

for real the northeast has transcended racism

when you've been so racist for so long that you're a pro and everyone else is and it's out in the open, no one cares anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread