Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Hey everybody. There’s been some rumblings lately from the higher ups that a few things need to change around here. In the spirit of community, let’s all do our best to come up with some good, wholesome new rules.

No joking around in this thread!!! This is for serious discussion of what the best new rules in General Bull poo poo

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Rule: anyone who used a slur in their post gets a JINX. not gonna list the slurs and bad words here because i’m not going to jinx myself, but you know what they are. anyway, when you’re jinxed, for 1 week any words you post will get filtered and replaced with a paragraph from Moby Dick. to break your jinx early you have to mail a polite handwritten apology to the Something Awful LLC headquarters in [Missouri or Kansas or wherever the hell it is again, edit this before posting].

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Rule: Lots of forums have Idiot Kings (or “IKs” for those in the know), well GBS is going to have Village Idiots. The village idiot(s) is(are) randomly selected from the pool of posters who have had a thread goldmined within the last year. The selected Village Idiot(s) are, for the duration of the month, subject to the inverse of every gbs rule except the prohibition on NWS poo poo.

Examples of normal rules everyone is subject to: “Worthless Posts: We do not care if you are drunk or high; please do not inform us of either.”
“Low Content Posts: Please do not make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.).“
"Forum Fuckery: Don't gently caress up the forums or any user on the forums. If you post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) you will be banned."

Examples of their corresponding inverses that the Village Idiot(s) must follow: “Worthless Posts: We do care if you are drunk or high; please inform us of either.”
“Low Content Posts: Please make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.).“
"Forum Fuckery: gently caress up the forums or any user on the forums. If you do not post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) you will be banned."

In the old days this would have led to a mod challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread