Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kilroy posted:

So why wouldn't she, on this Iraq question, just also point out that "oh hey also the reasoning we used to justify our vote at the time were based on the packet of lies fed to Congress by the Bush administration, FYI." Why not bring that up?

Im guessing endless days of "Hillary still blaiming Bush!"

Also it may be that people view her as someone who skirts away from being held responsibility, so she is taking it head on.

WampaLord posted:

I can't wait to see how softball Trump's questions are.

"Mr. Trump, you said you want to end the military sequester. Does this mean you in fact support are troops?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I'm looking forward to Trump showing that he has learned that Russia has indeed invaded Crimea and thatss a bad thing. And then hearing about how he's a legitimate candidate for figuring that out.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I knew for the GOP it was always about the oil.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Holy poo poo keep pressing him for actual details.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Trump: "I'm giving it to my children[....]"

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

We have this.

Him calling Military Leadership losers

Standing by a sexist tweet.

And not answering a god drat thing.

:psyboom:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

So what is this stupid poo poo about an IT person asking how to remove email addresses from emails about?

I keep seeing people talking about how it is "A huge scandal" when all it sounds like is that if you are having people look at emails having the email addresses of really high level officials from around the world for a bunch of people to look at might not be the best thing.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

but yeah, reddit is the natural endresult of making a mostly nerd-focused (read: mostly white male focused) discussion platform that implicitly encourages creating your own private hugbox where any dissenting opinions get downvoted to oblivion and the most extreme opinions get displayed prominently due to upvotes.

:agreed:

Decided to hop on and try to talk with some people about why their clinton theories are bullshit.

Got added to a list somewhere that claims my account is a paid shill.

In all fairness outside of Gore v Bush in 2000 have any of these elections really been in doubt?

It's like with Nate Silver, he correctly called every county in the 2008 election, but honestly you dont even have to predict 99% of them. They are or have been solid one color for decades.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 24, 2016

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Nessus posted:

God, I wish I WAS a paid shill.

My thoughts exactly.

Paid to post?

I could be living the Lowtax dream.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Mistakes were made.

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

i wish something awful existed in '84

God Bless Minnesota.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I do not understand Stein supporters at all.

I feel like I have to go full Walter Sobchak.

Stein supporters. gently caress me. Say what you want about the policies of Gary Johnson, Dude, but he has at least held political office beyond being a member of a Town Meeting.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Thinking about the NYT's long-overdue Clinton endorsement from the other day, what are the chances the media drops the horse race stuff as we get closer to election day? By that point they'll have gotten their views, made their money, proved they're super serious objective journalists, etc. and will be able to, in their minds, safely say that they've weighed all the evidence and found Trump lacking. There won't be time left for a Trump pivot. There won't be any new news about emails. We'll have been through all the debates.

I assume most of them don't actually want Trump to win, right?

I think we are starting to see the beginnings of this. They have pushed the horse race narrative fornas long as they could and they got what they pushed for. But look at the headlines from the past weekend. Major journalist sources are realizing they could actually have a President Trunp and they are starting to push back hard against him.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/780633322615545856?s=09

Looks like someone did call Sean Hannity.

Edit: efb

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 27, 2016

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

You could put the best debators on the planet together to help Trump and it wouldnt matter. Prester Jane called it. He is a huge narcissist. All Hillary has to keep doing is keep bringing up his negatives and he will not be able not respond.

I eagerly await any question on the military to see Clinton bring up the Khan family and watch as he trys to come out as the good guy in that situation and tanks himself farther.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Reagan was, personally, not completely terrible -- don't read this the wrong way; and he certainly wasn't aberrant of societal norms.

That is most certainly the case. Reagan was a personable charismatic and honestly the kind of personality you want ad a leader. The issue was that he was a terrible politician.

Trump is the worst of both. He is an awful person and takes pride (:psyduck:) in knowing nothing about politics.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

On the topic of going after Hillary for Bills sexuak abuse history.

This is a valid point to bring up and could absolutely be damning in any normal race.

But to attack on that line you really need to have a deft touch.

You have to be able to carefully point the accusation towards her behaviors in reaction to Bills and make sure what you say cant be construed to "Its your fauly for Bills actions."

Trump is not capable of this.

I think the best example of this is during the past debate when Trump tried to comment on Hillarys past "Super Predator" quote. I have a suspicion that was meant as a rrally clever retort to shift the focus from his own racism to how Hillary is in fact the racist. If delivered properly it could of been a really decisive line that shifted the post debate coverage. Instead Trump got rattled and gave a "Well you call people super predators." Like a loving 3rd grader.

Trump can will and should bring up that point. But with how hamfisted he is in his delivery Hillary can easily spin it with a "My husband made mistakes and Ive stuck by him. I took a vow to stay with him through sickness and health the good and the bad. But as someone who has left and cheated on almost every wife he has had you wouldnt know any thing about that, or what it means to keep your word."

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

He bragged about how the settlement had no admission of wrongdoing as though it vindicated him.

MPR had a great segment on this yesterday. What it came down to is that he was sued for housing discrimination. It was a really big deal at the time. It was him specifically not the "A bunch of people were sued we included"

Him and his father fought the litigation for 2 years before they finally settled on the original terms of the deal.

Which included updating themselves on housing discrimination law. And taking out ads saying they are friendly to minority tenants.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I'm a big fan of how they have it on their Politics front page.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

tezcat posted:

Hey guys, remember when Prester Jane called this poo poo and some dick wagons said she didn't know what she was talking about?

What I'm saying is USPOL Sep: The vindication of Prester Jane by Donald's Meltdown, like holy poo poo

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Requesting the picture of Biden dunking on Ryan with the TF2 Dominated logo above them.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Inferior Third Season posted:

I'm outraged that Hillary coordinated and planned a covert operation and executed it flawlessly without being detected. Completely unfit to be commander-in-chief!

Probably powered it with the sould of the 50+ people shes murdered imo.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Also the alt right. With an added dash of "And now there making it so you cant do that!"

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am now sure how chvrches became a fyad meme but I am glad it is

Chvrches is a fyad meme?

:sad:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Since they have aired that has there been an election where snarky people didnt say "Whoa this is this election?" (Douche vs turd sandwich)

People said it in 2008, and 2012. And in both cases people have learned that Obama has been a pretty good president. But the idea continues.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

south park parodying movies is good (the lord of the rings episode)

south park commentating on real life is bad (every other episode)

Maybe that is the issue with South Park. When they hit (LotR) they are really good. When they miss (several others) they completely miss. So the two become equal over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

You havent truly been on /r/politics until you are accused of being a shill.

• Locked thread