Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Is this for the one district that sometimes goes blue or the entire state?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Clinton raised $143 million in August. I wonder if Trump even got a quarter of that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kro-Bar posted:

He's the president of Citizens United.

That Citizens United?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Who broke the really shady modeling story? Was that some opp research being dropped?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

These Latino supporters of Trump realize that at any rally they attend there is a non zero amount of people there who would willingly shoot them dead right?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I swear after the election is over I am going to take a long extended break from politics.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nate Silver is a bitch.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

You don't launch an attack right before Labor Day weekend. You wait until Tuesday when you'll have peoples' attention.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

He doesn't throw up and because he has cleared the extremely low bar he was given, he will be declared the winner.

Most people don't watch the debate and just get their opinion of it from the press the next day so what actually happens during it doesn't really matter

A lot of people are going to watch this live. And if it were true that everyone just deferred to the media narrative with these things than how come it was nationally recognized that Trump's RNC speech was so bad and the entire DNC was propelled Hillary's numbers into orbit?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I love the Hillary health concerns considering that the best President in the history of our country literally couldn't loving walk.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I don't think the Republicans want to even bring up the subject of the Vice President since not even Trump likes Pence.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Where did they find a black church that would actually allow Trump to spout his hateful bullshit in?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hillary could literally be 1992 Bill in drag and I'd still happily vote for her considering the alternative.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

Yes, her crushing, almost-400-electoral-vote lead.

Here's a map of the states a party has won for the last five election cycles in a row. Republicans require just short of a landslide just to squeak out a win. Trump can't achieve results like that.

Iowa might go red but it's just as likely that Georgia goes blue. Everything else on that map is absolutely solid.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bernie, Bill, and Kaine are all going to be making speeches for Hillary this coming week. They've got Obama, Warren, and Hilldawg herself waiting in the wings. Hillary's campaign team knows what they are doing. Meanwhile Trump has yet to open a campaign office in North Carolina.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obama would have killed to have this much of a lead in the first week of September.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

vyelkin posted:

lmao the Guardian has an article exploring how Trump is causing wider divisions in voting intention among married people than ever before, and includes gems like this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/04/donald-trump-support-marriage-ipsos-poll

I wonder how many married women feel compelled to say they support Trump when they do a phone poll since people might be listening but privately in the voting booth they're gonna vote Clinton.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

McConnell would say "the people have said for us to not confirm" and 43% of the electorate will still vote R.

That means 57% didn't vote Republican which would probably mean that Hillary won 45 states.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

If they get Wisconsin, then yes.

So no.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

emdash posted:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/772460287572185088 hahahah

(the person who wrote this was not being ironic)

How does someone that stupid remember how to breath?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Christ, which debate is he moderating? I really hope not the first.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Arkane was less insufferable than CS. Please just ignore him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Why is Bernie going around publicly calling for Hillary to cut ties with her foundation?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

emdash posted:

I mention this not because I agree with Sanders but because it pays to be specific, in this forum of all places: he said she should cut ties if she becomes president

Can't Bill just run it?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I wouldn't worry about Wallace, there is no chance Trump agrees to a third debate.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So Hillary just had a bit of a coughing fit during her speech. So get ready to hear about that for a week.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Wow this "Hacking Hillary" Twitter trend is one of the most infuriating things I've ever seen. So many alt right account bots, so much concern trolling, my god. It's giving me a literal headache.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Automated cars are going to completely change the nature of commuting. Long commutes go from being infuriating to quality nap time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

iospace posted:

So, who wants to read Trump's statement on the hateful hag?
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/772953217957330944

Globalism and the "kingmakers"? Is that code speak for Jews?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Reddit is a cesspool that is thankfully not reflective of the Internet let alone real life.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So are any notable polls expected to be coming out now that Labor Day is over?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Can you imagine how much one of those Trump mouthpieces on MSNBC hates their job?

Satisfying.

Edit: Crosspost from TFF, Kaepernick jerseys are the 3rd highest selling at the moment.
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/sp...-anthem-protest

One of the local sports radio guys this morning lamented that they weren't being purchased just so people could burn them.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

woke wedding drone posted:

Guy on his phone projecting strong "gently caress you" vibes

I honestly wonder what I would do if I was in this position. Say I'm sitting in a restaurant eating lunch and suddenly Donald loving Trump walks in with his contingents of handlers, security, and media people. Would I have the courage to speak up and call him a disgusting racist to his face or would I just look down and pretend he wasn't there.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

We are t-minus 9 weeks away from election day.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If both sides of this conflict could destroy each other that would be swell.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

Curious about the racial breakdown on this too, because this sounds pretty fuckin' white. Although I suppose LV polls will always skew whiter.

I'm pretty sure s greater percentage of minorities vote compared to white people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

zoux posted:

50 million people are going to be watching them.

Is that really how many people watch them?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So I take it that these are the old Cold War generals who advocated for preliminary nuclear strikes against the Soviet Union on a daily basis.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Real Talk, Bernie would be getting destroyed by a blitz of negative media attention that he would have absolutely no experience in dealing with. Hillary has lived this for 25 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

iospace posted:

Though she's warmed up to the press a bit, and is willing to answer questions on the plane on the way to stops. This should take some of the heat off her, hopefully.

Going back to favorability polling: an indicator of who's going to win will be Obama's approval numbers heading into November. A significant amount of the electorate view her as Obama's third term, so if things are looking up for him, it'll give her an edge.

Obama has had his highest favorability ratings since 2011 for about 3 months now so I think things are good on that front.

• Locked thread