Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I would like to talk to an Obama 2012/Trump 2016 voter.
my mom's parents pretty much embedded old-south sexism permanently into her skull. She's so normal when she's talking to my brother but when she's talking to me or my sister she acts like we're 7 and can't comprehend politics. It's really weird.

Anyway, what I'm saying here is it's because clinton has a vagina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my big question is where does the big red party go if trump loses? he turned every other republican candidate into a complete joke, then lost himself. Doesn't that kind of kill the idea of a traditional republican candidate?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a foolish pianist posted:

This is probably it. I'm in my mid-30s (old enough to have voted for Nader, woo), and he's about 12 years younger than me.
part of it then is also that he's just never been politically aware of a republican presidency. If he's, what, 22? Then he would have started actually caring about politics during one of Obama's presidencies. He wouldn't have had any grasp of what went on during Bush's presidencies, and even if he went back and read up on it, it doesn't have quite the same sting to it when it reads like history.

It's a lot easier to feel like you have room to quibble over which democrat candidate would have been better when you've never really realized what happens when your party loses outright.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I don't think that is likely. There just aren't any good targets.
north korea makes one of its annual empty threats and trump responds by punching a tub and declaring war

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oracle posted:

Borderline my rear end, report that poo poo. You know its not the first time and you can't fire without a record of repeat offenses.

they can fire you for the repeat offense of 'reporting racist poo poo to hr'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fits my needs posted:

It kind of sucks that white people think that blacks people need to protest their rights in a certain way. Like it's always either "too violent" or "disrespectful" and I feel like there is literally no way for black people to protest that would make white people happy.
the way is 'where i can't see them and don't have to hear about them'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Deified Data posted:

This can not be real. It literally requires the grading teacher to be smirking smugly like a cartoon villain as they mark both answers wrong.
when I was a kid, I could read at a college level when I was like, 10. I read lord of the rings and stuff. My teacher got really mad and assumed I was posing, so had me write a book report on lord of the rings for 'extra credit.' So I did. It wasn't deep analysis of the work or anything but I summarized the plots, including stuff that wasn't in the movies, and pointed out character motivations and stuff.

She still got really mad and forbade me from reading during lunch or during recess. My parents went to the principal and the principal said 'maybe your kid should stop pretending to be smart?"

That's the american school system.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

:stare:

what state was this, if I can ask? I'm training to be a teacher in New Jersey and all the schools I've worked in so far have encouraged independent reading and such. even when I was a kid I never had a teacher be such a jerk

virginia

it was hick virginia so I wouldn't be surprised if it was against state guidelines, the school was basically a rundown shack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

emdash posted:

Apparently the oculus (vr) cofounder has been bankrolling a pro-Trump 501c4 http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ia=twitter_page

This is an extreme pro click but I'm phone posting so I can't easily extract quotes
a rich white tech dude has been supporting trump in a dumb internet way? well,

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- The Federal Government, Banks... are the least trusted institutions
i wonder what informed this belief...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Geostomp posted:

I imagine Trump walking out in a white robe with a burning cross might possibly elevate him to "concerned" status.
and probably win him north carolina

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Silver lining to this whole cycle has been, and remains, the exposure of all the racists who were getting away with flying under the radar
the black lining has been that nearly half the nation has stood up and gone 'you know, those racists have a point'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe kim kardashian is a human being who is smart and knowledgeable about certain things and lacking in knowledge and experience in other ways, due to a complex interweaving of factors such as her parents, her childhood, her education, her lifestyle, and the people she surrounds herself with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yoshifan823 posted:

Caitlin is so conservative that she's voting R despite a majority of them thinking she's a man
Have you seen her reality TV series? That is some loving fascinating insight into the mind of a conservative transwoman. She hems and haws over changing the name on her membership card to a freaking country club because 'what if people say something? I don't want to cause any trouble.'

Well, sister, the fact that you're showing up in a dress and with d-cups would probably also get them to say something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I see you also read AV Club
yeah but i also hunted down some eps and it was yeah, definitely interesting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

who do you trust more??? some namby pamby professor, or a freaking mexican warlock?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

100 percent certain this model did not exist 2 months ago.
14th quality: is one of the candidates dying of the black plague

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hitler would poll better in california based off his vegetarianism

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nessus posted:

I dunno, Hitler seems like he'd have difficulty winning the Jewish vote
he certainly couldn't do any worse than trump

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Imagine how much difference the intelligence of a human toddler to small child would be in a creature that's been completely designed from birth to be antisocial and isolated.
you could just study this year's republican nominees

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah. For some reason Kirk has decided to pivot away from is image as "that one kind of sane Republican in the Senate" to attacking Duckworth for being anti-veteran. For those who aren't familiar, this is Tammy Duckworth:

She lost both her legs and almost lost an arm when a helicopter she was piloting in Iraq was shot down by insurgents, earning her a Purple Heart.

I have no idea why he thinks attacking her on veterans affairs of all things is going to help his shot at winning.
she's a woman and women are all bleeding heart pacifists, especially the ones that lost 3/4ths of their limbs for our country

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

berserker posted:

To be fair, /r/The_Donald is "reddit" as much as FYAD is "SA"

the_donald is way more representative of reddit's userbase than FYAD is. you can go on any subreddit, even ones not about politics, and be called a cuck and hear all about how women are destroying the world. The super smash brothers reddit is having a meltdown as we speak because a woman posted a small guide about sexual consent.

edit: not fixing that word filtered word

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

congratulations on 9/11

but yeah, reddit is the natural endresult of making a mostly nerd-focused (read: mostly white male focused) discussion platform that implicitly encourages creating your own private hugbox where any dissenting opinions get downvoted to oblivion and the most extreme opinions get displayed prominently due to upvotes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

That does seem rather off-topic.
sexual consent as applied to driving around the country to play smash brothers in tournaments, because when you gather like 50 dudes and two girls into one place, and they're all awkward and frustrated 20-somethings, poo poo sometimes gets weird

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KiteAuraan posted:

Why doesn't he maintain private residences at his hotels or some poo poo?

but that's not his beddy-bye!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

to be fair, jacking off on a dude's couch is way better than sexual assault. let's not cast aspersions on mew2king.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Didn't Trump once admit he basically doesn't have any friends
vince mcmahon seems to like him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope clinton brings in maria maples and then flowers and maples have a UFC fight

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

Man, sharks really do get a bad rap. I've met whitetip sharks in the wild that are basically just friendly small underwater dogs that want you to pet them. Even as a dog person, I feel like a wild dog is probably just going to bite you

a lot of owned dogs, too. Tons of people don't know how to train or treat dogs, to the point that a lot of them are more aggressive towards strangers than they would be as strays.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

So why is Flowers being there a bad thing for Trump?

I mean, I don't think it's a good thing, to be clear. I just don't see how it matters at all except as a distraction from the debates themselves and as bait to talk about Bill instead of Hillary, rendering the news cycle a push.

im sure all the lower middle-class white women in their late 40s to early 50s that are voting for trump would just love for him to tell them that it's a woman's fault when a man cheats.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

More than that, Clinton's been dealing with that poo poo for ages. There's no way she loses her composure or is shocked that he dares to bring it up, and more than likely she has some kind of putdown ready. Even something as simple as pointing out that her and her husband are still married while Trump's gone through 3 wives would make her look calm, collected, and sympathetic and make him look like an impotent bully.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cythereal posted:

She sat through the Benghazi inquisition without breaking a sweat. I doubt Trump's got anything that can shake her short of completely losing it and physically taking a swing at her.
clinton could probably take him in a fight even with her bubonic plague ridden body, honestly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

caleramaen posted:

Is Trump actually inviting Gennifer Flowers to a debate with Hillary Clinton? Is this actually happening in the real world?
She said she'd come, but his handlers might try and stop it. Granted, Trump would never listen, but they might be able to appeal to Gennifer Flowers' common sense.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Petr posted:

Trump's campaign confirms that they will be exhuming Vince's corpse and propping it up in the front row
Trump pulls face back to reveal Vince McMahon.

"It was me Clinton! It was me all along!"

Lester Holt: AWW SON OF A BITCH

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

William F Cuckley posted:

gotta admit it'd be pretty funny
i want michelle obama to make w. tap

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Night10194 posted:

I'm actually really surprised they get 20% support from Republicans.

Also keep in mind that's 'somewhat' support. Which probably equates to the 'I can understand being mad but MLK wouldn't have wanted this' thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

I don't know what Trump's plan is to fight our wars, but Hillary says she's going to out twitter them.

she's definitely right about isis using the internet to recruit people/spread propaganda, though?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dicks assassin posted:

Fun fact: Selfie in French is égoportrait. Tells you all you need to know about it.

I think people taking a moment out of their day to pump up their own egos harmlessly isn't really a big deal. Especially when a lot of people feel kind of ugly, regardless of their actual looks. Even actual good-looking people feel pretty ugly sometimes. So patting themselves on the back to get out of that mood is 100% a good thing, imo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

How does taking a selfie accomplish that? If you feel ugly how does taking a picture of yourself make you feel not ugly?
because presumably it's a picture of you smiling or being happy, or a picture that's at a flattering angle instead of a bad one. Or a picture of you with someone you care about, or with someone famous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wish something awful existed in '84

• Locked thread